What do you do with phone/keys/etc

Options

Replies

• NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    key gets tied to sneakers

This. I thread my key into my shoe lace and double-knot it.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Phone #1: iPhone is in Tuneband around my arm to keep track of my miles and speed using Runtastic.

Phone #2: old android phone is in my spibelt reading me the current book I am reading.

Pepper spray: hooked to spibelt. Got this because my friend was attacked by 3 pit bulls. Hope I never have this happen and never need to use it.

Keys: In car, except for the one that opens the door, which is on my shoelaces tied EXTREMELY tight. If I am running at home, they are at home because I have a code to unlock garage/house.

Earphones: if wired, go under my shirt to Phone #2.

Headband to keep earphones in my ears otherwise I am fiddling around with them the entire run instead of enjoying my book.

I don't carry water, my longest run has been 8 miles. I have a nathan belt I got for my son that fits me, I can use this when it gets really hot and my runs get longer. It holds 4 small bottles. Need to think about this because they seem to leak.

I don't like anything in my hands.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I tie my key to my shoelace and remove it from all the other keys. So if I'm leaving from my house to run in my neighborhood I take my house key off the ring and tie it. If I drove somewhere, I remove my car key and just tie that in my shoelace.

I carry nothing else UNLESS I'm running in bluffs in a state park where I have been able to get lost, trip, etc and feel like that extra contact might be necessary. Then, I put my phone in two ziploc bags and stick it in my sports bra. I understand this may not be a relevant solution for any men....

I know a few people who use belts and love them.
  • sarahoffner24
    sarahoffner24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't have one but I've seen the HipsSister's at local boutiques! They end up looking like a cami under your shirt- http://hipssister.com/collections/hips-sisters/left-coast-sister.html
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    No music? BA. I get bored without music, I am jealous.

Phone stays at home, key goes in pocked of running shorts that have specific pockets for keys and ID.

Music player on armband....I have no idea how/why anyone would carry it.

Agreed...especially on a run. I have tiny clip-on MP3 players for exercise and I'm not even a runner, just need those for brisk walking and some jogging!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    No music? BA. I get bored without music, I am jealous.

Phone stays at home, key goes in pocked of running shorts that have specific pockets for keys and ID.

Music player on armband....I have no idea how/why anyone would carry it.

Iv'e been using mine with the GPS- but I just shove it in my bra- I'm not a die hard runner so I'm not going to be running in the rain.

I actually prefer running with out music- so that's a none issue.

Key is on a carabiner that goes on my bra strap and is tucked to the inside- no flopping- no muss- no fuss.
  • PortaPocketGal
    Options
    I've been a runner and a gym goer for over 27 years and use my PortaPocket cases to carry my little essentials on my body. I wear a small pocket just above my calf under my yoga pants to carry ID, cash and cards, and wear a Med pocket on a longer belt that sits at my hip for my iPhone. sometimes I'll use a 3rd pocket for keys (and time of month stuff), or put that in another Med pocket on my leg (swapped out from the Small pocket) as well. Makes it easy to workout as they're moveable so when you go to different exercises or machines you can move the pockets around so they're never in your way, and are never being sat on (& you can still bend)!... They're super comfy & sweat resistant too. + can use 'em for every day and for special events, not just at the gym. Hope this helps!
  • cupboard_stalking
    cupboard_stalking Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the rushed picture, but this is what I do with my key.
    <
    in all my years the best thing I have found to do is clip it onto a bra strap and tuck it between bra and top. I have on there my gym locker key as I run around the gym location, and my old dog's I'd tag with my emergency details inside.

I see the safety in taking a phone and have mine in an armband and use it was my music player. Its not cumbersome at all and can also hold a £5 note behind the phone in case of issues. I have been unable to make it home once due to injury, therefore also a good precaution if no one can come to your rescue!
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have pants that have a zippered pocket in the waistband above my butt, look for those? Or I have a running jacket that has zippered pockets. It's still long sleeve but has vents and stuff so it's made to still make you cool, try a jacket like that?
  • Gholmar
    Gholmar Posts: 37
    Options
    My FitBelt arrived last night. Today is an off day, so I'll be trying it out tomorrow (treadmill, just to test), Friday (outdoors), and then Sunday and Tuesday (5Ks).

But just putting it on in the living room and jumping around for a minute, I love it. Doesn't slip or slide up or down, my phone and keys fit easily, and headphone cord lies out of the way.
  • MelAb8709
    MelAb8709 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I also use a flipbelt. I only run with my phone and keys. I use MapMyRun but I'm not in the habit of checking it during the run - I just turn it on when I leave and off when I'm done. I also don't listen to music while I run outside. If I needed to access my phone at all during the run, this wouldn't be a good option though because I wear it under my tshirt and it would just be a hassle to dig around for it.

Back in day (pre- the inability to go anywhere without a phone) I also attached my key to my shoelaces.

SpiBelt looks like a good option if you don't need to wear the belt under your shirt!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    If I take my phone on a run, I use an arm band.

I carry my keys on a stretchy wrist band, one of these:

51mmZW7CgHL._SY300_.jpg

If my keys were anywhere but right on my wrist, I'd be afraid of dropping or losing them.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options

Ditto this

ETA: I my initial one wasn't the right size (too small) so it rode up. I ended up ordering another one in a larger size and it fits great! I'm saving the smaller one for when I lose more weight... it's so close.

I also find depending on the pants even the correct fitting one can slide a bit or if I wanted access to my phone or other item inside it can get a little wonky and have riding issues. I call the latter operator error because I"m trying to adjust while running and I'm sure its not even... heaven forbid I actually stop running to grab my phone, food, camera or whatever else may be inside and make the proper adjustments :)

I've even worn mine for somewhere to put my phone while I'm cleaning house to listen to music/audiobook without bugging everyone else.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how anyone can put anything in their bra (besides what is supposed to go in there) and be comfortable.

Anyway - my evening runs I don't bring anything with me, as they are short-er, and hubs and the kids are always home so I have not need to bring nay of that stuff.

On my long runs, I wear a hydration belt that holds a water bottle, has 2 mesh pockets for chews/lip gloss etc. and I added on an extra pouch for my phone.
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I put carrots in my bra to feed the horses at my turnaround point :-) I'll have a tough time explaining that if I ever end up in the hospital!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    When I go for a long walk/run, I have 2 belts (one an old fanny pack) one a "running belt" that holds my phone and keys or Ipod. I hate anything on my arms. I also look for running clothes with pockets, not as common but they exist. When my daughter went abroad she got a money belt that breathes and works the same way. I also got a wrist cuff with a hidden zipper for keys for about 5.00 at a discount store.

My husband is a police officer and he always wanted me to have my phone whether I was alone or with someone in case I got hurt or something happened. A short jaunt around my neighborhood, I don't always, but longer ones I do.

This isn't mine but similar'
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/121326357659?lpid=82

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=sporting&amp;field-keywords=phone waist belt
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Lose em lol
  • coolblondenerd
    coolblondenerd Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I got an armband with a space for my phone and key. I only bring my phone for MapMyFitness. Before that I used to hold my phone in my hand, and put my keys in my sports bra. I do not recommend the second one! Little red scratches on my boobs for a while after my run/walk.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have a very light hooded jacket from Kalenji (a Decathlon brand... probably most people from outside Europe don't know about this sport store).
    The jacket is specially made for wind running (not for keeping warm) so maybe you can try searching jackets for windy weather.

It's so light, that I can even wear it in mid-summer. It had two pockets and 2 inner holds. In the outer pockets I keep my phone (using the runtastic app) and handkerchief (my eyes and nose sometimes get very moist during runnings). In my inner pockets I have my keys and a little money (sometimes I go in the morning and after running I go to a nearby local producers market).

My running pants have a special phone pocket near the waist, but I couldn't stand to feel the phone during runnings.

Belts can be a solution, but personally I don't like them. Pockets all the way. :D

But the jacket must be a good fit, not to thight, not to loose (or you keys and phone go all over the place and bother you).
  • jmarcin78
    jmarcin78 Posts: 34
    Options
    I have a wristlet that has a velcro pocket. It's just small enough for my key. I think I got it at WalMart for $5. It's super easy and fits under my jacket cuff if I need to wear a jacket. I just bought Mediabridge Sport Armband for my iPhone. You can get it for the 4 or the 5: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DYAD1F4/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1