about to give up

Options
I have eliminated all soda and iced tea. i was drinking about 800 calories a day on drink. now only water
i eat around 1200 calories a day.

i go on the eeliptical and do zumba classes like crazy.

its been two weeks and not an ounce of difference!!

whats the point. i may as well sit on my *kitten* at home and eat and drink everything i want.

glad i bust my butt for nothing.

Replies

• newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up!!

I know it is hard. It is always hard and when you hit a wall it is that much harder. You'll thank yourself later for not giving up today.

(((BIG HUGS)))

You can do it!
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    honestly, if you're eating 1200 calories a day and doing zumba and elliptical like crazy, your body is telling you to eff off and it's not going to lose until you eat more.

i've been through SEVERAL plateaus when i was eating 1200 calories a day and exercising off 400. my body refused to lose. try to have a NET of 1200 calories each day and i bet you'll lose some. i'm even losing right now with eating 1800 calories a day as i'm exercising 500 calories 4x weekly.

good luck! :)
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    From what you wrote here, it sounds like you went from one extreme to another?

Take a deep breath :) it's only been 2 weeks....try eating some/most/all of your exercise calories. Don't give up!
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? I am set at 1200 too, but I work out everyday and until I started eating some of those calories I did not lose anything. Don't give up, it took me two weeks to start to lose anything. It is really important to eat your exercise calories or else your body goes into starvation mode....good luck!
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options

whats the point. i may as well sit on my *kitten* at home and eat and drink everything i want.

Absolutely, especially if you want to die young and be buried in a piano box.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Think MODIFY! If what you are doing now is not working, change it up, don't give up! Examine what you have been doing (honestly) and compare it to what successful people on MFP are doing. Maybe you need to add some high nutrient calories to your diet in place of processed empty calories and eat a few hundered more occasionally. Maybe you need to dial back exercise, or switch to more/less strength training in place or less/more cardio.

Everyone is different, what works for someone else, might not work for you. Keep trying different plans. One WILL work.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    so I'm going to assume that you drank a fair amount of soda for quite awhile, so what makes you think that by cutting that out you'll see drastic results? Maybe your body has switched into a conservation mode with the cut of such drastic calories/sugar and lots of exercise.. Give yourself and your body a break. :)

Hang in there and try and eat a few more calories back and see how you feel. :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    First off, you need to make sure you're logging ALL your food EVERY day. That's the only way you'll know whether or not you're eating the right amount of food.

Second, you need to eat your exercise calories if your daily calorie goal is so low. You need to feed your body if you want to burn fat.

Also, the less fat you have to burn, the harder it is to get rid of. So you really have to make sure you're eating a balanced diet and are getting enough calories. If you don't, your body will burn muscle near the area where it needs fuel.

Also, you can eat or drink the foods you want to. You can drink a soda or eat some chips or cookies. If you plan on eating or drinking it after you lose the weight, you can eat or drink it while you're losing the weight. Doing that will help you learn how to eat a healthy, balanced diet while keeping treats in moderation.
  • iamkelskels
    Options
    i agree with the eating your exercise calories! your body has gone into starvation mode, so not only is it refusing to lose weight, it's saving all the calories you are taking in. i'd up your calorie intake to at least 1800. don't give up!! sometimes it takes awhile, but it'll all be worth it!
  • caseydarden
    Options
    Very few people see any kind of weight loss in the first two weeks.
    You are replacing fat with muscle.

If all you had to do to get in shape was two weeks worth of struggle....EVERYBODY would do it.

Casey
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    Also, have you tried taking any other measurements beyond what the scale is showing you? I am on the mother of all plateaus as far as my weight goes, but last month I lost nearly 10 inches. It isn't just the number on the scale you are trying to move.
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I had a look at your food diary. You really do need to log every day! Try to stay away from the those frozen processed meals -- they're loaded with sodium! And I'd watch my carbs a little more closely as well. And most importantly, make sure that you do eat! Several of the days that you did log, you didn't eat very much. Make sure that you eat at least your 1200 (or close to it!) every day. And then when you do exercise, try and eat some of those calories as well. And don't forget to drink lots of water!

Don't give up -- it DOES work! I've lost 35 pounds since August!

Trisha
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i think you should give it some more time! also, maybe you need more calories since you are exercising a lot. have you tried changing your daily intake points and exercise level? i think that maybe the key. try to eat more healthy foods of course. don't give up yet!
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I second Trish. Most days your food diary is blank, and the other days you've logged food that isn't very nutritious or filling. And you are definitely not eating enough! You must eat to lose. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but it's true. If you use the tools MFP provides, eat all your calories, fill your plate with nutritious food, and eat your exercise calories, you should start to see results in 2-3 weeks. Keep in mind that it can a few weeks for your body to catch up to what you're trying to do, so be patient! Don't give up - good luck!