what kind of nerd are you?

Options

Replies

• surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'm an IT nerd, I work for Google and have a passion for content, link building, SEO and PPC.
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Horror films and chocco
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I read non-fiction and watch documentaries for fun.
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    "I'm a Paladin with 18 charisma and 97 hit points. I can use my helm of disintegration and do one D4 damage as my half-elf mage wields his plus-five holy avenger."

In reality I have an "eclectic" sense of fashion, lock myself in the basement several hours at a time painting pretty pictures of silkscreening posters in never put up,collect metal gear memorabilia, build miniature gundam figurines , and exchange cheesy pickup lines with random people in my phonebook. So I guess unless awkward and nerd are interchangeable I'm stuck in the awkward crew.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I'm like a jack of all trades and like a bit of everything.
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Runescape, Left for dead 2
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Runescape, Left for dead 2

Ah..Runescape..I have my account there with level 95 as well as millions of gold and rare items
  • Allelito
    Allelito Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Video Games and One Piece.
  • laurajane19901
    Options
    I'm a bookworm.
    And also into anything military history related. Good job my partner fits into that category :) Military that is, not history.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Video games, science, numbers, certain sci fi like Doctor Who (but oddly enough not the Star Wars/Star Treck type), some anime, travel and cultures.. in general: anything weird, exciting and interesting.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure if I qualified as a nerd, so I looked up the definition.
    nerd
    nərd
    noun, informal
    noun: nerd; plural noun: nerds; noun: nurd; plural noun: nurds
    (1) a foolish or contemptible person who lacks social skills or is boringly studious.
    "one of those nerds who never asked a girl to dance"
    synonyms: bore; More
    (2) a single-minded expert in a particular technical field.
    "a computer nerd"

I am "a ….contemptible person who…..is boringly studious." I do things like study logic and philosophy and look up things online like "what is a nerd".

I am not anything in definition (2). The only video game I ever played is Grand Theft Auto. Unless you count Golden Tee at the bar. I am barely computer literate. I don't know my ascii from a hole in my head.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Video games, fantasy, sci-fi. I also research everything that piques my interest. If someone mentions something I don't know, I will google until I'm satisfied I understand it.

I'm also a teacher and I try my best to pass along some of my knowledge to the next generation :)
  • NerdySamoan
    NerdySamoan Posts: 78
    Options
    im a closet Otaku
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I read non-fiction and watch documentaries for fun.

Me too!!!! :drinker:
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    First and foremost I am a Marvel nerd.

Secondly, a Harry Potter nerd.

Finally, a dystopia nerd.
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    AlistairBernardNormal Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Ultimately, I am the type of nerd who just wants to always be learning. I have my obsessions *cough* STAR WARS *cough* and my snobby, condescending opinions *cough* music *cough*. Aloof and contemptible seem pretty accurate.
  • dwm2112
    dwm2112 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Where to start? Computer programming, computer/video games, sci-fi and fantasy, math, science, chess.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    so what i take from this is that anyone is a nerd who is remotely passionate about anything. which is cool; just making an observation. and, in that case, i guess I nerd out to most anything TNG related, NDT can make my toes curl, talk of multiverses, my boyfriend and I can nerd out to some serious random **** without even realizing it. it's pretty awesome. i guess going back to my original observation i could be considered a yoga and running nerd. i'm a HIMYM nerd too. i dunno, i could go on, but i'm feeling apathetic.
  • P90XBowler
    P90XBowler Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'll be the odd one like usual.

I'm a bowling nerd :glasses:
  • HunterKiller_deleted
    Options
    Scifi, Fantasy and gamer nerd checking in :)