Has anyone heard of the corset diet?

Options

Replies

• crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    the things people do... i was watching some european show and a group of girls basically told their dieting "secrets". some were pretty standard, others weirder. then there was the girl who ate and drank her own feces/piss. i just. why.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    The surgeon promoting it is in Beverly Hills, they need to lose weight yesterday according to themselves.

But No.

disgusted-noo.gif
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Is that like the straight-jacket diet?? :huh:
  • laratacita
    laratacita Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just heard of it today. Isn't this dangerous and stupid?
  • freemystery
    freemystery Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yuh but we're all born with a corset, it's called your core and it can change your shape miraculously. And you can eat! And you can breathe! You never have to take it to the dry cleaners. It can get out of shape but it will always fit you, besides with a little work you can resore it to its former glory. It won't warp your skeleton or stunt your growth, if you do it right it will help your bones. You don't have to pay anybody for it. You don't have to get cut to pieces and stitched up again. It goes with every outfit.

Only thing is, it's free and so Dr Oz is not going to be the shill man on the next infomercial/ advertorial he calls a TV show. Nobody can sell it to you. That's kind of why I love it. In your FACE to the people on TV and billboards who try to tell me I can't do it myself and I need their help whether it's something to wear or a magic pill. Playing on our insecurities to make yourselves rich, you won't get a penny out of me.

I'm so glad the people on these boards are smart and confident enough to laugh at this total nonsense instead of falling over themselves to try it or buy into the lies told to us in order to make us feel bad.

This is why I've stuck with mfp for so long haha! :laugh:
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    sad, very sad, as this gives a bad name to healthy weight loss and to corsets

me i'm a big fan of corsets, but you don't need to wear them that tight or that long, they should compliments and enhance not distort your figure

I wore a corset and skirt for my wedding, becasue i knew that I wouldn't get a strapless bra to fit my 30JJs, or a dress bodice that was sufficiently supportive, i like my cream and blue wedding corset so much i've worn it since to other parties
    but I also knew that I could happily wear a properly fitted corset for an extended period without any problem

I wore this corset (with blue halter neck and bow):
    70-m1_36sl2_trg3l.jpg
    http://www.fairygothmother.co.uk/70-m1_36sl2_trg3.htm
    with this skirt: http://www.fairygothmother.co.uk/70-m28trg3_r50.htm

and most people couldn't even tell it was a corset and skirt rather than a dress (though i thought the baby blue corset lacing gave it away somewhat)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of that weight loss built in the 90s. It had this rock hard mass in the middle that pressed against your stomach so you did not feel like overeating. Well, at least that did not change the shape of your ribs... but to each their own

Silly are the length some are prepared to go to in the name of weight loss and beauty in general.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    From The Daily Beast: "When you’re wearing something that tight around your abdomen, it pretty much kills your desire to overeat."

Source: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/15/you-should-probably-pass-on-this-whole-corset-diet-fad.html

Okay, but what kills my desire to take the damn thing off, then overeat?

i couldnt eat much on my wedding day because my dress was very tight... i ate 2 cupcakes and a chicken and bacon sandwich for breakfast the next day because i woke up starving!!!!!
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    From The Daily Beast: "When you’re wearing something that tight around your abdomen, it pretty much kills your desire to overeat."

Source: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/15/you-should-probably-pass-on-this-whole-corset-diet-fad.html

Okay, but what kills my desire to take the damn thing off, then overeat?

i couldnt eat much on my wedding day because my dress was very tight... i ate 2 cupcakes and a chicken and bacon sandwich for breakfast the next day because i woke up starving!!!!!

In public I guess it would work then. And they're really cute when they're not laced too tight.

But my worst times are when I'm all by myself with a great movie to watch, a bag of cookies, and, a tub of ice cream.
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I reckon a normal corset looks pretty good, but I couldn't be bothered wearing them. I think the ones that purposely try to reshape your body into dimensions that it is not meant to go make no sense whatsoever. That silly woman who is currently in the news lately for her corset cannot go for long periods without being in it, because her body needs it to hold her up properly. Her organs have all shifted and need the scaffolding it creates.

That has taken it too far.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Really? People will try anything but, hard work. What a lazy world we live in.
  • asciiqwerty
    Options

that's so sad - I ate everything on my wedding day while wearing the corset - and i really enjoyed it - i had selected hte food i wanted after all, I even had space for a few pints of local real ale ... YUM
  • asciiqwerty
    Options

That has taken it too far.

doing enythin excessively is likely to be unhealthy though

>> everything in moderation IIFIYM :)
  • tyediri
    tyediri Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    "Sinclair said after a year of wearing corsets daily, along with a year of maintenance, people can get a reduction in waist size of up to three inches."

I lost 3 inches off my waist (and 10lbs) in 6 months by eating 1500-1700kcals net and exercising (started at 148lbs and with being 5'4 tall, didn't have too much to lose to start with).
    That is faster, safer, healthier and less painful than wearing a tight corset for up to 10 hours a day!

Sigh!

Such a silly, silly idea!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Yuh but we're all born with a corset, it's called your core and it can change your shape miraculously. And you can eat! And you can breathe! You never have to take it to the dry cleaners. It can get out of shape but it will always fit you, besides with a little work you can resore it to its former glory. It won't warp your skeleton or stunt your growth, if you do it right it will help your bones. You don't have to pay anybody for it. You don't have to get cut to pieces and stitched up again. It goes with every outfit.

Only thing is, it's free and so Dr Oz is not going to be the shill man on the next infomercial/ advertorial he calls a TV show. Nobody can sell it to you. That's kind of why I love it. In your FACE to the people on TV and billboards who try to tell me I can't do it myself and I need their help whether it's something to wear or a magic pill. Playing on our insecurities to make yourselves rich, you won't get a penny out of me.

I'm so glad the people on these boards are smart and confident enough to laugh at this total nonsense instead of falling over themselves to try it or buy into the lies told to us in order to make us feel bad.

Best post ever

zomg-youve-won-internet1.gif
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

that's so sad - I ate everything on my wedding day while wearing the corset - and i really enjoyed it - i had selected hte food i wanted after all, I even had space for a few pints of local real ale ... YUM

I wasn't sad at all on my wedding day!
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I just like corsets because if I'm wearing one under my clothes it's hard for the casual observer to notice that I'm a middle aged woman who hasn't been eating and exercising as well as I could have been. And unlike girdles, they don't do that whole all-day wedgie thing. :wink:
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    According to an article I read awhile back a corset is supposed to help support posture. In a way wearing one is good but I agree with the majority of this thread. I cannot see myself wearing a corset 24/7. :sick:
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Is this like the thing where you wear a cup size too big and really make yourself believe your breasts are large, and then they allegedly grow to fit the bra?
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options

+1