How many days a week?

Options
2»

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    4-5 times/week, 40 min/session. 4 lifting and if i make it a 5th time it is cardio
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    never go to the gym
    but i do cycle 20 miles 2-3 times week
    I pole dance 2 hrs a week and
    teach pole fitness 2-3 times (4-6 hours)
    and teach hula hoop 1-2 hours a week

xxx
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I work out every day, 2 days a week its twice a day (weights in a morning, running club in an evening). If I have any niggles or am overly tired I'll have the occasional rest day (usually one or 2 a month where all I do is a walk or bit of gardening).

Mon - cross training 35mins
    Tues - weights am (30mins), running club evening (1hr - around 5-6miles)
    Wed - cross training (35mins)
    Thurs - weights am (30mins), running club evening (1hr - around 5-6miles)
    Fri - cross training (35mins)
    Sat - Park Run (3.1 miles, 30mins)
    Sun - Long Run (90-120mins, 9-12miles) or a race (10k or HM)
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I go every second day, and do 30 min cardio 30 min strength training
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    4 at the gym lifting

2 additional days of cardio - either at the gym or outside depending on the weather (fair weather cyclist!)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Workout 5-6x's weekly at home. Alternate between running, DVD's, treadmill. I love the Fitness Blender workouts on You Tube.
  • danidaggers13
    Options
    I workout 5-6 times a week. I do HIIT at home 5 days a week and then yoga or cardio (running or jump rope) over the weekend if I feel I need to or if I've had one too many treats that week.
  • jamie_maddox
    jamie_maddox Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I go to boot camp or boxing class 5 days/week (Mon-Fri). On Saturday, I do an at-home workout. :-)
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I mostly do body weight exercises so I don't really need a gym, although, we do have a small gym at work with mostly cardio stuff in it, a few KB's and weight machines. Usually I do a HIIT routine and integrate the KB's and machines into the routine 3-4 times a week during my lunch break, I do like to hit the elliptical machine twice a day. I also coach soccer 3 days a week in the spring and fall and baseball in the spring too; I workout with the teams I coach as well (when I can, I recently sprained my knee). And until recently when I sprained my knee, I was running on the beach stopping at the halfway mark and doing a quick HIIT routine before heading back.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Currently try to hit the gym at least 4 days/wk. I usually warm up with 15-30 on the treadmill then do suspension training Tues/Thurs and weights Monday / Wednesday. I will also walk for about an hour / night when it's nice and get out for long (10km +) hikes at least one day of the weekend (weather permitting)

With summer coming up I'll be a lot more active on the weekends and evenings than I have been. I maintained on about 1700 (gross) all winter and have just switched back to NET 1440 for the summer.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    0. I run 6 days a week though. but even that isn't exercise, it's just something I do for an hour a day.