2 apples, any type except Granny Smiths as they don't juice well
    ½ pineapple
    ½ medium cucumber
    ½ ripe avocado
    1oz fresh wheatgrass or wheatgrass powder
    1 level tsp spirulina
    1 capsule of acidophilus bacteria powder
    Ice cubes
    Juice the apples, pineapple, cucumber and lime. Put the avocado flesh into a blender with the ice, wheatgrass, spirulina and the bacteria powder.
    Blend everything until smooth, pour and enjoy.

JM's Turbo Express
    ½ small pineapple
    ½ stick celery
    1in chunk of cucumber
    1 small handful of spinach leaves
    1 small piece of peeled lime
    2 apples
    ½ ripe avocado
    Ice cubes
    Juice the pineapple, celery, cucumber, spinach, lime and apples. Place the ripe avocado flesh in a blender along with the ice and juice mixture. Blend until smooth.
    Pour into glass and enjoy.

JM's Boost Juice
    ½ large pineapple
    2 apples
    ½ mug Alfalfa sprouts
    ½ mug watercress
    ½ mug parsley
    ½ mug kale
    ½ mug broccoli
    1oz shot of fresh wheatgrass juice (or 1 tsp wheatgrass powder)
    2 ice cubes
    Juice all the ingredients, then add the wheatgrass shot or teaspoon of wheatgrass powder. Pour into a glass over the ice.

JM's Super Detox Juice
    2 apples
    ½ cucumber
    1 stick celery
    1 small handful of spinach
    Ice cubes
    1 heaped tsp Dr Udo's Beyond Greens supplement (if you don't have this, replace by juicing a handful of mixed green leaves such as watercress, parsley or lettuce).
    Juice the apples, cucumber, celery and spinach. Pour into blender, then add ice and Beyond Greens. Blend for about 1 minute or until smooth. If you use mixed green leaves instead of Beyond Greens, simply juice these along with the other ingredients and then add the ice.

Passion 4 Juice Master
    ½ small pineapple
    1 apple
    ½ banana
    200g natural organic yoghurt (if you're a vegan, use soya yoghurt)
    ½ tsp spirulina
    Juice the pineapple and apple and pour into blender or smoothie-maker with the banana, yoghurt and spirulina. Blend until smooth. If you don't like yoghurt (dairy or otherwise), use half a small pineapple instead.

JM's Homemade Sherbet Lemonade
    2 Golden Delicious apples
    1/3 lemon, wax-free and with the rind on
    2 ice cubes
    Simply juice the apples and lemon and pour over ice - it really does taste like sherbet lemonade.

JM's Hot ' n' Spicy
    3 apples
    1 good pinch of cinnamon
    Juice the apples and pour juice into a saucepan. Slowly heat but do not boil. When nice and hot, pour into a mug, add cinnamon and serve.

JM's Lemon / Ginger Zinger
    2 carrots
    2 apples
    1in slice of lemon, wax-free, with rind left on
    ½ in of fresh ginger
    2 ice cubes
    This wonderful juice is a favourite of the super-fit Martina Navratilova, winner of 58 grand slam tennis tournaments. Simply juice all ingredients and pour into a glass over ice.

JM's Pure Green Super Juice
    2 sticks of celery
    ½ medium cucumber
    1 small handful of spinach
    1oz shot of fresh wheatgrass juice or 1 tsp of wheatgrass powder
    1 slice of orange
    2 ice cubes
    Juice the celery, cucumber, spinach and wheatgrass. Add ice to a glass and pour in the pure green super juice. After each mouthful, take a bite of the orange.

JM's Super Chute Juice
    2 apples
    A small chunk of carrot
    ½ stick celery
    1 large handful of mixed green leaves - watercress, kale, parsley, spinach or whatever other green leafy vegetables are available
    1 in chunk of cucumber
    ½ in broccoli stem
    1 small handful Alfalfa sprouts
    ½ in slice unpeeled raw beetroot
    ½ in slice courgette
    1 small piece of lemon, preferably wax-free, with rind on
    ½ in slice ginger
    2 ice cubes

Juice all the ingredients. If you have a Philips whole-fruit juicer, all you need to do is place one whole apple in the chute followed by all the other ingredients, finishing off with the other apple.
    If you have a different type of juicer, feed in all the ingredients chopped into whatever size the machine will take. Pour over ice and enjoy.
    Natural teas

Pour hot water over chunks of fresh fennel, lemon, lime or mint leaves for a cup of whichever tea you fancy. Fresh teas play a vital role in your 7lbs in 7 Days programme because they help to get the digestion going in the morning and to calm it at night.
    Don't fully boil the water as it can deplete the vitamin content of your drink.
    The water should be hot, but not boiling.

no...
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Nah
  • janinelambiase
    Options
    Thank you. Just saw that my goal is on 0.6 kg a week. Hmmmm.

I feel exhausted from just reading and studying all this ugh ;-)

http://www.amazon.com/Ozeri-Digital-Kitchen-Capacity-Elegant/dp/B002IR6OP8
    is one of what I have.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals

juicing opinions are gonna be split.
    losing weight = calorie deficit.

If you're adding juice, that's fine.. but if you aren't losing, you're not at a deficit.
  • shaymaharaj
    Options
    Yes! I have started juicing. the person that said watch fat, sick and almost dead is correct. I watched it. also read.
    http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/
    you will be understand. it talks about myth of starvation mode etc. please read it.
  • poohbah4
    poohbah4 Posts: 127
    Options
    Neither good nor bad, per se. Depends on how you use it, but remember that juicing removes the benefits obtained from fiber.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Wow, great advice. I really appreciate everyone's input.
    Seems like the opinions on juicing a very split.

Now 2 more questions for a newbie ;-)

Can you recommend a good (cheap) food scale? I looked on Amazon , but there is so many!!!
    Totally makes sense with weighing your food, never thought about that way!

And how do I change my goal from 2 to 5 lbs?
    Could not find this option on my profile.

I do not eat calories back from my workouts, usually ( maybe on a weekend with eating out and having some wine )

0.5 pounds. Half a pound. 0.23kg.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    JASON VALE LOSE 7LBS IN 7 DAYS JUICE RECIPES

Reported for promoting VLCD.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I think juicing is very healthy for you. Ever watch "fat,sick and nearly dead"? You should!

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/about/fat-sick-and-nearly-dead/

Why should someone watch an infomercial/propaganda piece intended to sell juicers, and why would you reference that as your proof that it's healthy? That's like me using a Marlboro ad from a magazine as proof that smoking is healthy.

Rigger
  • janinelambiase
    Options
    Yes! I have started juicing. the person that said watch fat, sick and almost dead is correct. I watched it. also read.
    you will be understand. it talks about myth of starvation mode etc. please read it.

Wow great read!
    I think I may have to work out more? I think my food plan looks fine ( never ate any junk food etc.), however, I will for sure start to use a scale for food.
  • happycamperinsc
    Options
    I have some ideas on juicing. I add it to my intermittent fasting routine. I'd love to share with ya. Can you email me though? I don't care for putting all of my personal stuff out here…. wilson803@me.com
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

Wow great read!
    I think I may have to work out more? I think my food plan looks fine ( never ate any junk food etc.), however, I will for sure start to use a scale for food.
    you don't have to juice to lose.
    you don't have to work out more to lose.
    you just need to figure out how much you're eating... exactly... then if you're not losing, eat a little less.

don't overcomplicate it.
  • redzgal
    redzgal Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Juicing can be beneficial. But I think as a diet it's not the greatest, but everyone is different. I tried a juice only diet and of course I lost weight, which I'm sure was all water because as soon as I ate solid foods, it came right back. If you want to add it as part of a healthy eating plan, go for it. I personally enjoyed it. But if you're doing it only to lose weight, maybe do some more research. As I said, everyone is different. :) Good luck!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Just saw that my goal is on 0.6 kg a week. Hmmmm.

I feel exhausted from just reading and studying all this ugh ;-)

.45 kg a week would be 1 pound a week. After awhile it will become easier.
  • janinelambiase
    Options

Wow great read!
    you just need to figure out how much you're eating... exactly... then if you're not losing, eat a little less.

don't overcomplicate it.

It's easy to overcomplicate it ;-)
    English is not my first language and I am think I am over reading a lot of stuff !
  • shaymaharaj
    Options
    I think it was very useful for me. I was so frustrated by everyone telling me I had to eat back the calories that I burned. In my mind it did not sound right. So I started researching to see if there is anything else out there and I came upon that article. It made sense to me. So currently, it is what I am concentrating on. My sister lost 80 lbs by juicing and then using the suggestions on the article. :smile:
  • janinelambiase
    Options

Wow great read!

don't overcomplicate it.

It's easy to overcomplicate it ;-)
    English is not my first language and I am think I am over reading a lot of stuff !

Finally some weight is dropping. Just 1.32 lbs, however, I am feeling great about it. It means its starting to work.
    Thank you all for your advice again!!
  • astronut96
    astronut96 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have a juicer and i really enjoy being able to have fresh fruit and veggie juice (especially carrot and orange) Sometimes i drink a glass of fresh juice for breakfast or with a light lunch or when i'm not feeling well and want the extra nutrients to fight off a cold but i've never been able to stick to any sort of juice cleanse and am not sure i believe in them.

I would agree that a good blender is a better investment though. I love smoothies and think you get more from them.

This goes for me too. I love my juicer but I use it to supplement and get extra nutrients. I eat a lot of whole fruit and veggies too so it's probably not necessary but I've come to love the taste of my go-to juices so I make some a few times a week. I am also a member of a local CSA (community sponsored agriculture) and juicing is a way to use some things that I'm not quite sure what to do with!
  • Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    Options
    I think juicing is great for getting in veggies/fruits that you normally wouldn't eat.

I personally wouldn't go on an all juice diet... I don't have anything against them but I like substance to my food.

With that said my Husband juices about once a day. He will mix in celery, carrots, beets, apples, kale... etc which goes back to my first point. He normally wouldn't eat celery, carrots, beets or kale by itself so he gets all of that in the juice. I use our blender for smoothies as I typically eat all of the stuff he juices, on it's own {minus the beets}.
  • SushiKite
    SushiKite Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Juicing is great for cleasing and healing. Go to superjuiceme.com and rebootwithjoe.com. Mind you don't juice too much fruit or you won't loose weight. Lots to learn about it. Don't take it lightly.