Ladies -- What's your gym routine?

Options
Jenn728
Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
I just finished a 12 week program with a trainer. I have lost 29 pounds so far and want to keep going. I have a gym membership at Anytime Fitness. I am going to make an appointment to meet with a trainer to show me what to do but I'm just curious what other women do when you go to the gym?

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I either do a HIIT (stadiums, sprints, kettlebells, ball slams for me) or lift.
  • TNSLB
    TNSLB Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For the past couple of months it's been M/W/F Bodypump, T/Th/S an hour of cardio (it was running intervals, but now it's spinning) Sundays I now take off.
  • jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Mon: 1 hour of cardio, 15 mins of core
    Tues: 36 mins of cardio, 30 mins of lower body
    Thurs: 45 mins cardio, 30 mins of upper body
    Sat: 1 hour cardio (spin class), 15 mins core
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Following Strong Curves - it's a book by Brett Conteras, heavy lifting in essence.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    short shorts cell phone extra make up and flirt flirt flirt...

that sugar daddy ain't going to pick up himself!!!

just kidding

I'm doing the Sheiko program
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I lift in the morning daily for 60-75 minutes (depending on what I'm doing) and work one muscle group per day and alternate legs and abs every other day.

Right now since I'm training for an event I do cardio and depending on what my training is (running, biking, brick) for the day it can range between 30-90 minutes.

When I'm done with my event I plan on keeping the schedule and lift in the mornings then run or bike in the afternoon.
  • DoctorMcCoy10
    DoctorMcCoy10 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    We go on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays. We start with stronglifts and then we do the elliptical. We are pretty new to exercising and have only been going to the gym for 3 weeks but so far so good : )
  • drseussgrrl
    drseussgrrl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tabata class (1 hour) twice a week and HIIT on Saturday mornings.

I need to start getting up early and going to pump twice a week but I heart sleep. :-/
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Monday: 45 minutes of yoga

Tuesday: 30 minutes of cardio and New Rules of Lifting for Women Part A

Wednesday: 30 - 45 minutes of cardio and 45 minuts of yoga

Thursday: 30 minutes of cardio and New Rules of Lifting for Women Part B

Saturday: walk the dog (roughly 45 - 90 minutes)

Sunday: I bust my *kitten* scrubbing my house but I don't log it. This is also yardwork day (still don't log it)
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

You all seem to have some really good routines set into place. I am hoping that I can fall into a new routine with ease.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I see a trainer once a week, just started Stronglifts and I run. :)
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I lift four days a week. I'm trying to do some cardio and extra back stuff once a week but I'm lazy.

Monday: bench, rows, chin ups
    Tuesday: squats and accessory deadlifts (deficit and sumo)
    Wednesday (or Friday): running and/or rowing intervals, pull ups, farmers walks, general silliness with heavy stuff
    Thursday: bench, rows, chin ups and OHP
    Saturday: squats and deadlifts (plus occasionally single leg accessory stuff when I have the energy).

It's all low rep, high intensity at the moment for the "big three" and higher reps, lower weights for accessory stuff.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am fortunate that my company offers an amazing gym with lots of classes. The ones I've been doing lately include spinning, a P90x-like class, Zumba, and ballroom dancing. When I'm not taking classes, I go on the elliptical or lift weights.

Outside the gym, I'm trying to take walks with my husband after dinner. Sometimes we play tennis or go biking.
  • tk2222
    tk2222 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    ...whatever I feel like. I'm terrible. Usually it's 10-20 minutes of walk/jog/run to warm up, 10-20 minutes of stretching, 3-4 lifting exercises - bench, deadlift, squats, overhead, situps (3 sets each, but sometimes I I'll do short ones if I'm upping the weight, sometimes i'll drop down a bit and do more easy ones...) and then some amount of easy elliptical or stationary bike (usually while reading a book) until I get bored with the place. Or I go swimming. Or I go for a hike. Or I do yoga. I've been meaning to check out zumba or spinning. Or swing dancing, that's been a thing here lately. :-)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Some cardio (walking, running, jump rope)
    Main focus is on heavy lifts
  • Tillyecl1
    Tillyecl1 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym but my routine is:

Monday: Rest (stretches)
    Tuesday: 60-120 min bike (times vary depending on which training week I'm in) + 45 min open water swim
    Weds: 45-75 min run + lifting
    Thurs: 120-180 min bike + 10-20 min run (brick session)
    Fri: 45-75 min run + lifting
    Sat: Long bike 120-300 min bike
    Sun: Long run 75-120 min run + 45 min open water swim
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Day 1: lower body heavy lifts
    Day 2: 20-30 minutes cardio
    Day 3: upper body heavy lifts and pull ups/chin ups
    Day 4: Yoga
    Day 5: lower body heavy lifts
    Day 6: 20-30 minutes cardio
    Day 7: Active rest

I also walk a couple miles everyday and horseback ride 3-4 times a week.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I lift following the Stronglifts program three days a week.
  • _L_A_
    _L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    First I go on the treadmill and do a 3K run, trying to run as fast as possible as I want to get my running speed up.
    Then I go on the leg adductor, abductor and then press
    Next I'll work on my arms using free weights and some of the machines
    Then I have an 8 minute ab routine that I do
    Finally I'll either do 5 minutes on the arm bike and then 5 mins warm down on the treadmill OR 5 mins fast walking/running on treadmill with 5mins warm down on the treadmill

Although having said that I mixed it up completely today!

I'm trying to get my running speed up for my outdoor runs (generally 5Ks) and lose inches, speed is actually getting better and inches have been slowly coming up, but now I have started my abs routine and working on my arms (I used to just do running and legs) I feel like I look a lot better and the inches are slowly decreasing :D
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    M-W-F - I go to the gym and lift - currently following Stronglifts
    Tu-Th-Sat-Sun - I do some form of cardio (running, cycling, or kayaking in the summer)

I take rest days when they are forced upon me by my kids crazy hockey schedule.