Calories

Options
Hi could anyone tell me if they save calories for the weekend if so how many is it safe to save

Replies

• Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I have a maintenance day once a week (usually on Friday or Saturday) where I eat around 2200 calories. However, I don't "save" calories for any day. If you want to eat more one day, exercise to burn some calories that day and eat more!

Also, I'm wondering if you're eating enough the rest of the week?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You can do this, look at your weekly average intake, instead of the daily. However, some people find that if they restrict too much during the week, then they go really overboard on the weekends.
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I suppose how many depends on your target amount. I wouldn't save more than 10% of your daily allotment. I would suggest however upping your exercise on the weekends to compensate for the extra calories.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I do not save up calories for the weekend. I have the same calorie goal for everyday. With that said, I'm really working towards a difficult goal, so I'm being pretty strict. If your goal is not that challenging, having some extra on the weekends should not be a problem (as long as you are doing well during the week).

Allan
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    no that is a WW thing...

I track daily calories and watch weekly trends...

If on the weekends I eat up to maintenance one day it's not a big deal...or even two...not a big deal...because weekly I am still in a deficet...

Mind you this can slow down weight loss but as you can see by my ticker it hasn't really.

I have averaged 1850 calories a week over the last 10months and lost on average 0.6 lbs a week which is great...

In the last 9 weeks I have averaged 1825 calories a day and lost on average 1lb a week...which is great...even with last weekend which was a wash pretty much with eating out 4x and being over my goal by 1k on Sunday.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I found I always splurged on Saturdays; I just could not control it. So, I reduced my daily intake by 150 calories everyday, and I continue to splurge on Saturdays (but try and keep it within 1000 over for the day). It's been working well for me, and I'm past my "stall" (aka, eating too much and therefore not losing).
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Since I weigh myself once a week, I do the same with my calories. I don't get too crazy but as long as I don't go over my weekly calories then there is nothing wrong with saving some for the weekend.
  • MeganWillet
    MeganWillet Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I do save calories for the weekends. I know that on Fridays and Sundays I will with a degree of certainty go over my daily intake... so I stay under other days of the week to make up for it. On the mobile app you can chart your weekly calories so that is what I go for.