Goal weight for shorter women?

Options
I'm 5'2ish. Currently weigh 131. Wondering what other shorter women are aiming for, weight wise. I've always been more muscular so I know a really low number is not attainable (nor would it be healthy). BMI charts say my weight could be as low as 105 without being underweight, but that wouldn't be a good weight for me. What is your goal weight and how would you describe your build? Thanks!

Replies

• keke0904
    keke0904 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    im 4'11'' and i currently weight 141. my goal weight is 120. im not really petite, i have more of broader shoulders. I seen that for my height it said i should weight between 95 and 105. i was like, yeah right! i would have no butt or boobs or curves
  • sharon210579
    sharon210579 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 4' 11" and currently weigh 118 but i would like to get down to 108-112
  • pammerz88
    pammerz88 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and I'm currently 116 but want to be 110
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and currently weigh 118 but I've lost ten lbs in the past six weeks I want to put back on. 118 is healthy for me but I think I look better around 125. BTW - haven't tried to lose weight it just happens when I'm stressed.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    5'2 and before my pregnancy I was at 135 with a goal weigh tof 120-125. At that I am a size 4 and slim without being creepy. Anything lower and I lose all curves.
  • beckytcy
    beckytcy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Very similar to the op, I am 5'2" with muscular legs etc. I honestly don't know what my goal weight should be either because I'm 129 now and that's the lowest I've been in my adult life. I think I'd like to get to 120 and see how that is. With my build, I don't think much lower than that would work. We shall see!
  • amandamaynv
    amandamaynv Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and aiming for 130 which would still make me considered overweight on the BMI chart. I'm currently 155 so it'll be a definite improvement. I think 105 would be way too low for your height. Aim more for being tone instead of general weight loss. You might find you like being a higher weight but looking super tone!
  • souldreme
    souldreme Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3", weighing in at about 134 and wanting to get to 120. my acupuncturist said this would be a healthy weight for me. i'm looking to lose the 14 lbs by my wedding party in early july. does anyone want to be accountability buddies to get to our ideal weight over the next two months? :)
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and currently weigh about 128. I'd like to get back down to 118-120. Any smaller than that and I look too thin.
  • sulenal
    sulenal Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Add me!! I'm 4"11" and i currently weigh 138 after my baby i had in january(down from 160) I'm trying to lose weight and tone up for my wedding july 26 too!!!

i'm 5'3", weighing in at about 134 and wanting to get to 120. my acupuncturist said this would be a healthy weight for me. i'm looking to lose the 14 lbs by my wedding party in early july. does anyone want to be accountability buddies to get to our ideal weight over the next two months? :)
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    5'3 125-ish (bloated at the moment)

Goal weight is around 110. I'm looking for %19-20 percent body fat by the BMI charts. Judging by my appearance, my actual body fat is currently several percentage points higher than what the charts think anyway. I am very small boned and don't carry nearly enough muscle, so I bet that's why.
  • fatalis_vox
    fatalis_vox Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, but broad-framed and muscular. I weigh in at about 145 right now, but my heaviest was about 150. My goal weight is currently 130, and at that point I'll reevaluate. If I think I want to lose more weight, I'll lower my goal in 5-pound increments until I'm happy with what I see in the mirror.

I don't really look at what BMI charts say--They don't take muscle density into consideration. According to BMI, I think I'm just under "Obese." Ridiculous. According to recent blood tests, I am perfectly healthy. (Cholesterol, thyroid, kidney and liver functions, etc.)

Anyway, here's what I do: Focus less on the scale (though certainly keep track!) and more on what you SEE. Look in the mirror and use that to decide when you're good.
  • JenParsons116
    JenParsons116 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds good - add me! And I can relate about the baby weight... I went from 120 to (yikes!) 185 when I was preg with dd. I got back down to 140 before getting pregnant with my son, and got to 185 again, even trying to behave myself (apparently that is my magic number! lol). Anyways I'm down to 131 now, a year later. If I can get back to 120lbs for the summer, I would be very happy!
  • LeahFerri
    LeahFerri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2"ish and currently around 120. I don't have a goal weight, really, more of a goal look. I know at this point if I want to achieve it I'll probably have to do some recomp because of how my body is structured and how it stores fat. I think if I achieved a degree of recomposition that gave me the appearance I want, I would probably be around the same weight.

Right now, I'd still like my legs to look different, but my lower ribs are readily palpable, my sternum and upper ribs will emerge as visible if I lose much more (nothing inherently wrong with that, but it makes me uncomfortable for myself and it makes other people offer concerned comments), and the bony structure of the front of my pelvis is visible. Oddly enough, even though I think my thighs and calves could use work, the bone structure of my knees is more palpable than it was 10-15 pounds ago. To say nothing of collarbones, but mine tend to be pretty prominent regardless.

I don't have problems with all those bones, but I don't know that I want them to be significantly more prominent than they are, either.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    5'1" and was losing strength and lean mass at 125lb. Went up to 130lb and got my strength back.... then I did a weight lifting programme while eating at a slight surplus and went up to 140lb. I still fit in the same clothes I did at 125lb just I'm a whole lot stronger now.

I have a large frame and I'm naturally muscular... my lean body mass is around 107lb - there's no way I can be healthy at the low end of the BMI range for my height............. but someone with a smaller frame would be... you can't go by height alone. Body fat percentage is better, as this is the same regardless of height and frame size, and varies according to gender. When you know your body fat percentage, you can find what your ideal body fat percentage is, and then use maths to calculate how much you'll weigh at your ideal body fat percentage. Leigh Peele's blog has good info on body fat percentage and what people look like at different body fat percentages so you can choose your ideal percentage based on what look you want.
  • Sallyrose5994
    Options
    5'1"- small frame and currently 117 lbs. Was 111 before my last pregnancy and that's what I am trying to get back to, but if not that's ok too, just want to stay active and increase fitness at this point and eat healthier. I would like to fit into my old pants so I don't have to buy all new ones, and I am just starting to fit in them but they are still a little snug.

I love to see the variety of weights and goals. Good luck everyone on your journey!