Help me not binge. Right now!

Options
I just did something that's not horrible but very frowned upon. I had like 800 calories left for the day but my girlfriend surprised me with combination fried rice from a pho tai place and I couldn't resist. It looked so delicious and it was begging me to eat it!

So I did :-( and I don't even know the calories of it. This is usually the point at which I say "Welp. Didn't know the calories so it could've been anything. I screwed up. May as well go on a 2 day all you can eat binge!" But I don't wanna say that this time. Someone help me figure out the calories so I can log it and not eat the rest of the day?

I ate the f7 on this site: http://photairestaurant.com/asian/

Pleaseeeeeee! I'm so close to screwing up!

Replies

• faelight
    faelight Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My honest advice is to be more gentle with yourself. It's okay. :)

You're in a great position right now in this very moment. You have all the power and freedom inside of you to make new choices. "Tomorrow is a new day," and "this is a new hour." Take it a step at a time.

If you get hungry later, have a reasonable, healthy meal. It's okay. The rice dish is a calorie mystery, so just do your best to estimate the portions. Remember this is all estimating... What *really* matters is you take good care of yourself - be kind to you, eat healthy overall, keep your chin up, and keep moving forward. You're doing great.
  • lolosensan
    lolosensan Posts: 251
    Options
    What? This is a non-issue! Log it as 800 and get a workout in at some point. For dinner have some lean protein and lots of veggies. You probably got a lot of salt in that meal so stay hydrated. Enjoy the weather!
  • tealgrove
    tealgrove Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have recently learned that the reason I am fat is because I do exactly what you want to do. "Break" my diet and then decide that I've screwed it up so it's game on.

Have the rice. Log it as best you can but move on and forget it. Carry on with your day. Go for a walk, Don't feel guilty because it's OK.

People who manage their weight well do exactly that. They move on and continue with their meal plan. They don't go crazy because they've blown it for the day. You haven't blown it but you will if you let yourself think that you have.

Good Luck!
  • GretaGirl8
    GretaGirl8 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I just did something that's not horrible but very frowned upon. I had like 800 calories left for the day but my girlfriend surprised me with combination fried rice from a pho tai place and I couldn't resist. It looked so delicious and it was begging me to eat it!

So I did :-( and I don't even know the calories of it. This is usually the point at which I say "Welp. Didn't know the calories so it could've been anything. I screwed up. May as well go on a 2 day all you can eat binge!" But I don't wanna say that this time. Someone help me figure out the calories so I can log it and not eat the rest of the day?

I ate the f7 on this site: http://photairestaurant.com/asian/

Pleaseeeeeee! I'm so close to screwing up!

I think the advice you received is good advice. regarding calories...it would really depend on how much you ate. you know it is high (higher than you had planned)...but could have been so much worse, right? remember, the sodium (as another poster mentioned)...so maybe don't weigh yourself for a couple of days.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Surprise?
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I would just eat as you would when you are really on your game and leave that meal behind. Maybe catch a bit more of a workout, but don't consider the day shot.

It's not day to day that we have to do this, it's MEAL TO MEAL.

:smile:
  • bomobo12
    bomobo12 Posts: 1
    Options
    1 cup around 700 calories, just search combination fried rice - take it as approximation and move on
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    So you messed up and now you wanna make it even worse? Wouldn't that make you feel even worse? Think about it....

This is the crewed logic of perfectionism, haha. "Either do the thing right and perfectly or don't do it at all". I used to do that too - well I skipped today's workout so it's all ruined why even bother doing the whole week now. That's just so ****ed up way of thinking I had, and you do still. You screwed one meal so screw it what's the point of doing a day now. Well you screwed up a day then then might as well eat all week and not count. O my one week of month is already ruined then what's the point of even counting this month. And so it goes. You will never lose weight like this if you keep thinking like this, or lose is slower in a best case. Life can never be perfect neither a diet. Just take it as a cheat meal and get over it!
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Okay, you messed up once. Just go on with your regular eating. One single meal doesn't really mean anything if you don't let it. it won't make any difference, don't be so hard on yourself.
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sooooo, you eat one meal that you can’t account for and you are ready to throw in the towel?!?!?!?
    The best advice I can give you is to 1) Look at the tremendous success you have had so far….25 lbs lost, that is great. 2) Like others have said, log it with a high estimate and then 3) move on. One meal is not the end of the world….or your “diet”. The absolute worst thing you can do is give up….so don’t do it.

PS, I also noticed you are in the West, so I assume you have at least one more meal to eat today. EAT IT. Do not skip dinner, that will probably make hunger cravings worse and raise your urge to binge. Just eat your normal meal…tomorrow is a new day.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I love you guys. Can all of you come home with me and slap the food out of my hand when it comes close to my mouth?

I do have a problem. I've got years and years of bad habits that only serve to make me feel good in the moment. I've always been one self destructive way for so long it's hard to learn how to be anything else. But I'm learning one day at a time. A year ago I wouldn't have come on here. I would've eaten like a mad man and felt like crap. But I learned to ask for help and man...you guys. You guys!

I'm gonna drink a ton of water today and go hike in this awesome weather. I will not be defined by past habits. I'm a new person
  • GretaGirl8
    GretaGirl8 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I love you guys. Can all of you come home with me and slap the food out of my hand when it comes close to my mouth?

I do have a problem. I've got years and years of bad habits that only serve to make me feel good in the moment. I've always been one self destructive way for so long it's hard to learn how to be anything else. But I'm learning one day at a time. A year ago I wouldn't have come on here. I would've eaten like a mad man and felt like crap. But I learned to ask for help and man...you guys. You guys!

I'm gonna drink a ton of water today and go hike in this awesome weather. I will not be defined by past habits. I'm a new person

good attitude. also (and this may be completely not the case) but does your GF know of your struggles? it may be worth it to talk to her about not bringing home surprise foods at this point in your journey.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    You don't need us to come slap the food out of your hand, because you are doing great. I mean, I might come do it if you were dripping food all over the keyboard causing random caps to appear in your posts, or if you had cookies that I really wanted. But as far as bad habits, you're conquering them. I've seen you post here before when you've been in a situation where you're facing cravings or a test of willpower, and the fact that you are doing that rather than just shoving food in your mouth shows that you are working hard on changing the behaviors you want to change. I really wish you wouldn't be so hard on yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options

GO YOU!!!!!!
  • toomanycats1975
    Options
    I would estimate it to the best of my ability, do an extra hard workout, and move on and forget about it. Tomorrow is a new day, and one day will not make or break you unless one day becomes two, which becomes three, which becomes four......you see where I'm going.
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

Beautiful! I actually got misty-eyed at this post because I did the same thing yesterday. A nice hike is the best remedy for feelings of failure!
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I would say that losing 25 lbs is evidence that what you are doing is working, and a good reason not to let one meal be the start of something you'll regret.

You might want to chat with your GF about the difficulties with not pigging out with takeouts.

Kinda related but my hubby thinks he's being a gentleman when he serves me food/drink, and so couldn't understand when I completely flipped out one day to STOP. F***ING. FEEDING. ME. I explained that I need to control what goes onto my plate, so I can control what goes into my mouth (there was also something in there about not being a toddler, and finding it patronizing quite frankly, which was more on the rant side). He still struggles with topping up a glass of wine etc, but at least he understands why now.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options

Beautiful! I actually got misty-eyed at this post because I did the same thing yesterday. A nice hike is the best remedy for feelings of failure!

Oh God, yes! Cure for pretty much everything actually.
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    What? This is a non-issue! Log it as 800 and get a workout in at some point. For dinner have some lean protein and lots of veggies. You probably got a lot of salt in that meal so stay hydrated. Enjoy the weather!

Exactly what I would do. Log it, 800 cals sounds like a good guestimate, and get over it. Tomorrow you log again.
  • faelight
    faelight Posts: 58 Member
    Options

"I will not be defined by past habits. I"m a new person."

**That** is awesome, positive self-talk!!! Keep that up!! :)