Constipation

Options
13»

Replies

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I've found that I do better when I eat something spicy - My husband made some killer salsa verde and I've been eating it every night - and guess what happens every morning.

Usually I get constipated easy -but I think I'll just keep eating salsa now! LOL

Too bad I don't like spicy....
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Mg Citrate will get you moving and clean you out...
    this stuff moves you!

a little less aggressive is baking soda and water , 1 teaspoon in a glass or water usually does the trick
  • Nalgh94
    Nalgh94 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell. I can almost guarantee immediate assplosion.

Or a nice bucket of KFC chicken! :laugh:
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    so many posts and only like 3 on fat

fat fat fat fat- more fat.

go eat at white castle or burger king.

getting stuck on the freeway is a bonus.

Not enough dietary fat is what I was going to say too. If you've switched to a lower fat diet this is the most likely cause.
  • knotflower
    knotflower Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you are severely constipated (depending on how regular you go, a week can be considered a long time), there is no type of food that can help you now because your stool is too low down in your intestinal tract. You need to use fleet enemas until things get moving. This is also why the laxatives and stool softeners are not helping you -- it's too late to resort to those measures now.

If you find you are in pain or throwing up or have not had a bowel movement even after using enemas for a few days, you need to go to emergency ASAP. Constipation can be quite serious.

In the future you need to make sure you are getting enough fibre in your diet. Think about getting a fibre supplement if you are finding it difficult to eat enough during the day.
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Water, seriously, if you drink a whole 24oz bottle within minutes. Give it an hour or two and it will help clear you out.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Up until recently, I didn't usually have this problem, but I've started on some new medication and have been noticing it more. :ohwell: Coffee usually works well for me, but not lately with this medication). Also metamucil works too.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    so many posts and only like 3 on fat

fat fat fat fat- more fat.

go eat at white castle or burger king.

getting stuck on the freeway is a bonus.

Not enough dietary fat is what I was going to say too. If you've switched to a lower fat diet this is the most likely cause.

I didn't purposefully drop my fat- but I upped my protein to something pushing 200 grams a day- and it was like shi**ng rocks- realized my fat was uber low- went home and loaded up on ice cream- and burgers-

problem.
    solved.