Help me not binge. Right now!

Options
2»

Replies

• lillybob82
    lillybob82 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm having a similar prob I know I will be hungry at some point even though I had this but I have no idea of the cals I need help I've just been to one today for lunch(the Grand Buffet)but have no idea what to put as I go for 80% healthy options?non of these plates are full or piled up
    my first plate was stir fried broccoli and three small pieces of tofu in a sauce but I scraped most of it off and only three as I've heard they can deep fry it.also some stir fried mushrooms and aubergine both of which didn't seem to have a lot of oil on them and a tiny bit of noodles possible about 10 long bits.
    Second plate was lettuce and cucumber two rolls of lean ham,4 olives, a mozzarella slice with a slice of tomato and basil some omelet thing just a tablespoon and a few sprigs of stir fried broccoli.
    Third plate yes third plate was 100g chips which I could tell from when I weigh them at home a tablespoon of curry sauce and some stir fried mushrooms,this was my smallest plate.
    Dessert two a profiteroles, a mini cream tart with a cherry on top ,a mini ring donut and a mini trifle.
    It seems a lot now I've writing it down but most of it is veg.
    Any thoughts on cals?
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Why can't you enjoy the food she brings and then make some adjustments in your food later? Why can't you eat 1/2 and save the other delicious 1/2 for later? Instead of denying yourself all the pleasure that is food, learn to eat differently. It's hard. It's a process. It will make maintenance much easier.

And...

Weekly totals. Learn to watch your weekly totals and then you will be able to enjoy the surprises that will ALWAYS come your way.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    One day's not gonna make or break you.

Don't worry about it and move on with your life. Tomorrow is a new day!!

:flowerforyou:
  • lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Try not to get to that point where you just can't resist it anymore.
    Don't starve or deprive yourself for too long. Learn how you can fit indulgences in your diet.

Right now, remember- if you fall down the stairs you don't say, oh well, I may as well throw myself to the floor.
    And continue to eat normal is the best advice.

Had fun? good!
    Now, let it go, take a breath and carry on.
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Um, just don't go on a binge. It's not that hard. If you do, you're more likely put behind on your goals, while just one high calorie meal is likely to have no effect (besides some water retention.)
  • AquabearGO
    AquabearGO Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Simple: Stop obsessing about this, shut your piehole for the rest of the day, go workout, come home and have a healthy salad for dinner, go to bed, wake up and say this to yourself..." New Day, New Start- Im going to do better today than i did yesterday!!
  • lavendy17
    Options
    BTW I totally get the self destructive pattern. I have been so good for a long time and then yesterday had 3 baklavas in a row and felt awful, woke with a head ache. What did I do??

But the good news is that with time, your bad habit cycles get shorter and shorter. I caught it in time and went back to my normal routine. It's a life long skill and it improves if you practice it.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Asking for advice proves you don't want to continue the binge so I think that's a good thing.

See it as a learning experience, takes a while to break negative patterns.
  • lillybob82
    lillybob82 Posts: 6
    Options
    Um, just don't go on a binge. It's not that hard. If you do, you're more likely put behind on your goals, while just one high calorie meal is likely to have no effect (besides some water retention.)

Actually when your in that zone it can be extremely hard,if it was easy it wouldn't be a binge.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Im currently trying to ditch the "all or nothing attitude"
    Over the past few months, if I messed up and ate something "bad" or went over my calories, I said "F&*K it" and went on a binge.

This has taken a toll on my weight loss and my mental health. Made me hate myself.

Im currently trying to over come this.. and hope you can too! =)
  • lavendy17
    Options
    GUYS GUYS GUYS!
    You can ditch the Eff-it attitude!
    It's possible! I've seen it!!!

I was just like that all my life but then I took the time to feel my feelings. Ask the tough questions. Answer myself why I do what I do.
    It was so hard at first. Everything you hold back all your life comes gushing out.
    But then...
    You see things clearly.
    You can handle stuff.
    You can catch a deviation from your routine faster.

See it this way- if you never cleaned your house and it looked like a bad episode of hoarders, you'd look at the mess and be so overwhelmed that you gave up. If you practice cleaning a bit every day you don't get into that situation. Your brain is like that too. If you don't clean it out from bad feelings on a regular basis it all accumulates and rots and stinks and the only choice left is self destruction.

Starting to listen to your emotions is hard, but just like the cleaning metaphor, it gets easier because there's a lot less junk.

So don't give up, don't throw the towel after one binge. Learn from it- analyze it, learn to identify triggers, make good strategies for all occasions. It's very liberating to take control, and it's totally possible.

I wish you all the best!