Feel like i am not making progress fast enough

Options
I would appreciate someone elses input here-
It may just be me, it may not, but I feel like Im not losing fast enough, I can go weeks without much change, even on 1lb a week loss I seemed to be maintaining rather than losing, so I am now set for 1.5lb a week and work out daily -eating back about 50% of my cals from exercise.

I have a fitbit, I weigh and measure EVERYTHING - our serving spoons have turned into measuring spoons lol

my food diary is open- I love sweets, and i am a carb queen so dont be surprised when you see pie or chocolate! IIFYM! and it most of the time does!

I have made changes to the rate of loss recently so if you look at last month it prolly says every day is over in calories and that is because it was set to lose only 1lb a week. My weights are below

4/26/2014 188.8 lbs
4/21/2014 189.4 lbs
4/19/2014 191 lbs
3/26/2014 191 lbs
3/19/2014 192.8 lbs
3/16/2014 193.2 lbs
3/07/2014 193.8 lbs
2/27/2014 193.8 lbs
2/23/2014 195.6 lbs
2/22/2014 198.2 lbs

Do you think this could be improved? I want those last 30lbs GONE like yesterday

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    9-10lb in 9 weeks is awesome, healthy and the envy of many! You didn't gain it yesterday, it isn't going to go by then either. Lose slow, keep it off. You may want it gone yesterday but reality is, you're doing it perfect.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    not sure what the complaint is...you are losing at a healthy sustainable rate...

only advice...be more patient...you didn't put this weight on quickly...
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Your loss is great! 1 pound a week is sustainable loss. Keep going and have patience!!
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    This process isn't meant to be fast. Despite all of the quick weight loss garbage on the market, a slow and steady process will give you the time needed to develop healthy habits so you don't gain the weight back. You weigh less now then you did on 2/22/2014 so that is very good progress. With patience and commitment, three months from now, you will weigh less than you do today.
  • watch4whales
    watch4whales Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've hit a brick wall with my weight loss also. Just keep at it! I started this about a year ago and according to MFP I've lost about 40 lbs. I was about a pound a week and I've been going up and down 3-5 lbs for the past 3 or 4 months. It's SUPER frustrating so I understand where you're coming from!
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    aplhabetacheesecake Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thanks peeps,
    I just wanted a second opinion- I keep thinking i should see a full 2lbs come off, especially since I am leaving large deficits, just frustrates me, but I enjoy food, i have a healthy workout routine, I see inches gone, i just want the scale to hurry up lol
    thx for the encouraging comments
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude, I am sure you are genuine, but did you post this topic to show off? Many lose much slower.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,023 Member
    Options
    OP you have 30 lb left to lose - my understanding is that 2lb per week is unrealistic at that level.

I think only 1lb per week is recommended at that level.

I think what you were doing was working fine and you should just be sticking to realistic expectations.
  • ChristineMiller2
    Options
    9-10lb in 9 weeks is awesome, healthy and the envy of many! You didn't gain it yesterday, it isn't going to go by then either. Lose slow, keep it off. You may want it gone yesterday but reality is, you're doing it perfect.

I agree. You're doing a great job AND you're doing it in a way that it will STAY off.

I got frustrated like you feel many times, still do but you are doing great.

There is no instant gratification in weight loss, only a lifetime of reward!

Push on friend!
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude, I am sure you are genuine, but did you post this topic to show off? Many lose much slower.

Trust me if i wanted to be rude there would be no guessing.
    I posted this cause I feel stuck, yes my weight is decreasing, but it does stall at times, and I feel like I work exceptionally hard to even lose 1 stinkin lb, and I wish more would fall off faster,
    I am inpatient, I know, I think it comes from being "fitfat" I run and workout and enjoy weightlifting, but I am constantly surrounded by very fit looking ppl and I really do desire to look like the active person I am-without the extra weight
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options

Trust me if i wanted to be rude there would be no guessing.
    I posted this cause I feel stuck, yes my weight is decreasing, but it does stall at times, and I feel like I work exceptionally hard to even lose 1 stinkin lb, and I wish more would fall off faster,
    I am inpatient, I know, I think it comes from being "fitfat" I run and workout and enjoy weightlifting, but I am constantly surrounded by very fit looking ppl and I really do desire to look like the active person I am-without the extra weight

Honey what I was saying is that I don't to be rude.

There are many women here losing weight a lot slower than you are. I for one have lost 5kg in total over 8 months. I work extremely hard for that weight lose but its very litte and very slowly. I have friends that took them a year to see any weight loss at all but kept up the healthy living. When you are putting your stats up it feels like a slap in the face for people who are lose weight slowly, you are losing weight quickly (but not too quick) rate. I am just warning you the claws could come up, you posting those stats up.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    What's the rush? You are losing at a steady, healthy rate. Think about it this way, if you had gained 10 lbs in two months, would you still be thinking it's "only" 10 lbs? You are doing fantastic, and I would recommend you just keep doing what you're doing.

Do you keep track of measurements? Those numbers may show a more drastic change, even if the scale doesn't. Besides, the scale isn't the only thing to gauge your success by. Even if you don't notice major changes on the outside, know that you are much healthier on the inside and that should count for a lot! :smile:
  • bbrodnax92
    bbrodnax92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing fine. The one thing I would suggest (if you aren't already) is keep track of body measurements. What's your BF%? Has it changed? How about waist, leg, arm size, etc..? Yes your total weight loss might seem slow but if your BF% is lowering and your measurements are shrinking that's even better in my opinion.

Keep it up!

<edit> nuts beaten to the punch! above poster</edit>
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    Options
    thx for all the kind comments- i havent been tracking measurements- and i have no reliable way to measure BF %.......for now, the scale will have to do!
  • Willdta
    Willdta Posts: 11
    Options
    If you feel like your weight loss is stalling then you need to have a refeed day. You have to consume more carbs and keep your fats and protein intake the same so it restarts your metabolism. It should be every 6-7 days and even more frequently when you're at a lower body fat percentage. Hope this helps!
  • jrkuhler
    jrkuhler Posts: 2
    Options
    Try to stick with only 1 cheat meal a week. I LOVE sweets too, but I try to save them for my cheat day...it's really helps with the self control. Also, try not to weigh yourself so often. I notice you weigh in every few days...try bi-weekly, that way you won't be so focused on the number that's on your scale, and more focused on what you eat. If you're eating good, you will eventually lose weight, just give it time, and focus on other things, rather than the lbs. Good luck!!
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I sympathize -- I've been losing weight at about the same rate (12 lbs in two months or so) and I wish it came off faster too. I too have found a refeed day to be really helpful. I keep my protein the same amount, give or take, but increase my carbs and fats so that I'm eating at maintenance on that day. So far, since I've incorporated the refeed day, I haven't had any scale stalls -- no more water retention issues taking weeks to resolve for the whoosh.
  • chargraves
    chargraves Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What's the rush? You are losing at a steady, healthy rate. Think about it this way, if you had gained 10 lbs in two months, would you still be thinking it's "only" 10 lbs? You are doing fantastic, and I would recommend you just keep doing what you're doing.

Do you keep track of measurements? Those numbers may show a more drastic change, even if the scale doesn't. Besides, the scale isn't the only thing to gauge your success by. Even if you don't notice major changes on the outside, know that you are much healthier on the inside and that should count for a lot! :smile:
    This!! What helped change my attitude about weight loss was a success story I read in an old WW cookbook. A woman joined WW with a group of her friends and the woman only lost half a pound the first week while the friends all lost 3, 4+ lbs. Even after she started exercising she never lost more than a lb a week and 99% of the time less than that. She went on to lose 92 lbs almost all of it in increments less than a half pound. When the interviewer asked if she was ever frustrated, she said no. Her reasoning was that she was going to have to continue to do the same things for the rest of her life to keep the weight off so it really didn't matter how long it took. Meanwhile all of the friends dropped out long before she reached her goal.
    Please buy a measuring tape to keep track of measurements. You can buy them at the dollar store and will reflect your progress even when the scale isn't moving as fast as you want. You are really doing a great job! Congrats!
  • afugua0002
    afugua0002 Posts: 27
    Options
    I haven't lost much either the past few weeks, BUT I have also been taking waist, hip, and neck measurements recently (you can actually log them on here) and I am starting to notice a difference, albeit small.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,023 Member
    Options
    If you feel like your weight loss is stalling then you need to have a refeed day. You have to consume more carbs and keep your fats and protein intake the same so it restarts your metabolism. It should be every 6-7 days and even more frequently when you're at a lower body fat percentage. Hope this helps!

No you do not need to do this.

You just need to continue to eat at a deficit.

If you do above every 6 -7 days and you over consume carbs (or any high calorie foods), your weekly amount will no longer be at a deficit.