Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sweet tooth in the mornings

2»

Replies

• margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Chocolate pb2 and cottage cheese. Lots of protein and less fat than reg peanut butter. I do greek yogurt the voskos is really good and add cottage cheese to that too for more protein. I have found that if i dont start my day with too much sweet it keeps me from craving it all day. I was really having a problem with coffee creamers and finally just gave them up. The bars are good but they dont hold me over as well as the yogurt cotrage cheese combo.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Low-fat Eggo nutri-grain waffle with 1/2 C fresh strawberries and lite Reddi Whip on top. It's 109 calories and tastes like strawberry shortcake.
  • Diesel_Girl
    Diesel_Girl Posts: 39
    Greek yogurt, 1 TBSP of chia seeds, and 1/8c chopped walnuts. Approx: 320 Calories, 16 g Protein, and 7 g of Fiber Keeps me full all morning! :)

Also, there are recipes online for banana protein muffins and they are amazing.
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    Girl, I know the feeling. Sometimes I wake up and feel as if I could happily devour 5 chocolate bars.

Instead I add a tablespoon of nutella to my porridge. Only 100 calories bam. :bigsmile:
    Or if I'm feeling extra chocolatey I add 2. 450ish calories for breakfast as I use almond milk and I don't need chocolate for the rest of the day.

Stops me from turning into mental chocolate woman later. Success. :drinker:
  • vbennett7
    vbennett7 Posts: 99 Member
    it may not be the healthiest, but I buy a chocolate chocolate chip muffin mix and put applesauce in it instead of oil, egg whites instead of whole eggs or..
    I eat a cereal like Special K chocolate almond or strawberry and use coconut milk-it really helps
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    I didn't read the other comments, so I hope this isn't a duplicate. I have a MAJOR sweet tooth & love chocolate and peanut butter everything. So I eat this every morning and it actually keeps me full for hours (I had it at 8am this morning and ate lunch at 2:30).

1 cup coconut milk (I sometimes use almond milk instead, which is 30 calories)--80 calories
    1/2 tbsp chia seeds--30 calories
    Handful of spinach or kale--5-15 calories depending on exact amount
    2 tbsp chocolate PB2--45 calories
    1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Natural Chocolate Whey Protein Powder--130 calories
    2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder--20 calories
    1/2 tsp xanthan gum--5 calories (you can omit this, I just use it so it's super thick and eat it with a spoon instead of drinking it...makes me feel fuller)
    10 ice cubes

Blend it all up really well and then I pour into a bowl and eat with a spoon. With the amount of spinach I used today, it came out to 315 calories and it makes a lot.
  • curlergal14
    curlergal14 Posts: 20 Member
    I've been starting my days with a big fruit smoothie with some protein powder.

4oz water
    4oz juice (I generally use plain Orange juice)
    a small to medium banana (I cut them up when ripe and freeze them, makes the smoothie nice and creamy)
    3/4 to 1 scoop of protein powder (17-25g protein, 120-150 calories)
    1/2 cup frozen fruit

It comes out to 375 to 450 calories each time, but it takes me long enough to drink and fills me up until lunch (3-4 hours!). The protein powder is key. I just use the Target Market Pantry brand, but I've heard of tons of good ones and it looks like there are lots of them listed in the comments here already.
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Kroger has both a chocolate and a vanilla Carbmaster milk with 11-12 g protein and the chocolate has 80 cals whereas vanilla has 60 cals. Fiber One makes a chocolate cereal for 80 calories. And there are good sweet flavors of Light N'Fit greek yogurt, 80 cals, 12 g protein.
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    You are all so freakin' amazing! There are so many ideas here that I am definitely going to try. I think you've all saved me from my morning sweet tooth.

Thank you so much!
  • gladhelen
    gladhelen Posts: 10 Member
    I second Nutella Porridge! or Porridge with blueberries and maple syrup. And another great one is pancakes. I make a batch of these:http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/06/whole-wheat-pancakes.html#more and reheat in the mornings during the week and eat with berries, coconut flakes and maple syrup

or also these chocolate chip banana muffins:http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/petite-chocolate-chip-banana-bread.html I sometimes have one and a fruit topped yoghurt, or 2 if I really want something cakey! they freeze really well too.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Porridge always fills me up and I love all the different flavourings I can use, pretty much anything sweet that I'm craving (as long as it;s just one calorie dense thing you add lol). My faves have been peanut butter and jam, chocolate (from chocolate or chocolate powders), peanut butter and chocolate... I also love vanilla soleil or chobani yogurt with my own flavourings!!