Master Cleanse...Does it really work?

Options
2»

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    lol.. i don't really know of any junk.. :smile: I was just repeating what I had heard about it cleaning someone out

What you heard from other people is just scaremongering trying to get people to buy their cleanse junk to make money. Don't buy into it, it's crap. Crap is actually better than a cleanse, because a crap would actually be more effective at removing "toxins". :laugh:
  • sushidulces
    sushidulces Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I fell for it. Did it 7 days before I got married. It did help me gain willpower not to eat, which kind of helped me stop eating 3 cupcakes in one sitting. Other than that, it didn't do much. I bloated so terribly bad afterwards, I look like the Stay-puft marshmallow man in my wedding pics :/ That was the last gimmick I ever tried. :ohwell:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, cayenne & honey or maple syrup? That thing right?

All those ingredients are good natural detoxifiers anyway. If I'm starting to feel like I'm catching a cold or getting sick, I'll drink that for 2-3 days & I'm usually golden. Once in awhile (maybe 2 or 3 times a year) I'll do it for a couple days like a detox reset if I feel the need. You are right that a lot of times people lose weight quickly but they gain it right back, so it's not good for things like a diet or anything long term. You're pretty much just losing water weight. The first time I did it, I did it for a week straight. It wasn't too bad except I think days 2 & 3 (my first time was about 4 years ago.) But I don't really see the need to do it more than a few days. You can get benefits from the natural ingredients just by having a drink within your regular day any way, provided you are eating fairly clean (ie no alcohol or cheeseburgers.)

Fiber is another natural thing that is used to help your body cleanse your digestive system anyway too, so eat your veggies. :)

I'm sorry but you cannot reset your system.
    There's nothing to detox either.
    The only time your body needs help detoxing is if you don't have working kidneys, liver, bladder, colon, etc.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, cayenne & honey or maple syrup? That thing right?

All those ingredients are good natural detoxifiers anyway. If I'm starting to feel like I'm catching a cold or getting sick, I'll drink that for 2-3 days & I'm usually golden. Once in awhile (maybe 2 or 3 times a year) I'll do it for a couple days like a detox reset if I feel the need. You are right that a lot of times people lose weight quickly but they gain it right back, so it's not good for things like a diet or anything long term. You're pretty much just losing water weight. The first time I did it, I did it for a week straight. It wasn't too bad except I think days 2 & 3 (my first time was about 4 years ago.) But I don't really see the need to do it more than a few days. You can get benefits from the natural ingredients just by having a drink within your regular day any way, provided you are eating fairly clean (ie no alcohol or cheeseburgers.)

Fiber is another natural thing that is used to help your body cleanse your digestive system anyway too, so eat your veggies. :)

im sorry....you what, now?
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • vedalewis
    vedalewis Posts: 37
    Options
    thanks again for the advice you guys/gals!! I appreciate it!! and thanks for the links as well!!:happy:
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    if by cleanse you mean it cleanses you're wallet- then yes.

So water, lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper will cleanse your wallet? Didn't realize these items were so expensive. :huh: :yawn:
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    OP you will be miserable and will be lucky if you last 3 days. I know of a bunch of people who have done the master cleanse and most suffer extreme headaches by day 2 or 3 and quit. There are other ways to naturally cleanse if you truly want to cleanse.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    if by cleanse you mean it cleanses you're wallet- then yes.

So water, lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper will cleanse your wallet? Didn't realize these items were so expensive. :huh: :yawn:

Real maple syrup ain't cheap man
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Real maple syrup belongs on a home made, tasty waffle. Wanna clean out? I suggest prunes.
  • hasta_la_vista_belly
    Options
    Do you poop everyday? Yes? Then you don't need a cleanse.