I bought carrots... Forgot how gross they were

Options
lollipoprincess
lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
Anybody know how to make carrots taste better?

Replies

• McCluskey1128
    McCluskey1128 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hummus. Chopped up in a salad. Steaming them can sometimes bring out their sweetness, so does roasting. The sugars are emitted when you heat them up.
  • beaches61
    beaches61 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    eat them with hummus. Cut them up and cook them in a beef stew or vegetable beef stew. or chicken noodle soup. Or in a stir fry. There are lots of ways to jazz up carrots.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I've never much liked carrots - they're just a tool to get hummus in my mouth.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Actually when I was a kid my mum used to roast them with brown sugar - that was yum!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I agree with the hummus idea.

Also greek yogurt ranch dip. Delicious :heart:
  • Tillyecl1
    Tillyecl1 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Ahh no way!! I love carrots! Have you tried roasting them with a pinch of ground corriander and honey or maple syrup. Nom!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Roasted, stir fried, boiled in chicken or vegetable stock....carrots are great!!
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Cook something with them, like chicken noodle soup or beef stew. I don't really eat carrots just to eat them. Not often. Of course ranch dressing always improves them if you are going raw :-)
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Chop them into sticks. Cover them in a little honey and cumin and roast in oven for 25-30mins on 190c. Yummy!

Chop into small circles and boil it up for 30mins with chopped swede and mash with a dash of butter, add salt and pepper. Goes well with roasts and pies :)

Carrot cake....Nuff said.

I also like raw carrot sticks with pizza.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    You would be surprised what 1 T of butter and 1T of brown sugar does. Cook till done, drain then add butter and brown sugar or honey, turn heat low and they will carmelize. Kids love them that way. Good luck
  • MelAb8709
    MelAb8709 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots are gross to me but a regular old carrot is delicious all by itself.
  • rainydays5
    rainydays5 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am not a big carrot eater either. I do not like them raw but can eat them when cooked.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I microwave them until tender and eat them with sugar free maple syrup. Delicious!
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i love carrots. my grandmother would sautee them with curry powder and other spices.
    my aunt made carrot cake. ive made some dandy veggie burger patties from carrot pulp.
    otherwise they are great raw or mixed into soups or asian stir fries... for some reason
    cutting them longways in strips is nicer than in discs. carrots and onions with eggplant
    is a naturally subtle sweetener in imam bayildi. im not a fan of carrot juice but
    i think its the easiest fresh vegetable to work with.
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Anybody know how to make carrots taste better?

I thought I was a carrot fan before I started using them in green smoothies and juicer juices. Carrots do something ugly to the taste and texture.

Guess it's only carrots Bugs Bunny style for me.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I mash them and mix them with an egg and some pumpkin pie spice and then fry for a carrot pancake - you can also bake it for a muffin - but that takes too long for me
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots are gross to me but a regular old carrot is delicious all by itself.

baby carrots are just regular carrots shaved down.

i know i just blew your mind. sorry.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    They are also great in Moroccan Chicken, a slow cooker dish.

4 chicken quarters
    1 C chopped/baby carrots
    1 can chickpeas
    1 c raisins
    lemon wedges (you throw these out when its all cooked)
    a little salt, pepper, lemon juice, honey, garlic and cinnamon to taste

Sear the chicken quarters in a pan with a little olive oil, then throw everything in a slow cooker or deep skillet. Simmer until carrots are tender and chicken is cooked through. Eat as is, or serve over rice. Seriously my favorite dish ever!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    also, carrots are only good for one thing...

carrot-cake-safeway.jpg
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    slice them thin with a mandolin slicer, toss with coconut oil, paprika, garlic salt, cumin bake at 425 for 10-12min check them no need to flip