I bought carrots... Forgot how gross they were

Replies

• mbennett024
    mbennett024 Posts: 53 Member
    Carrots are awesome! I dip them in hummus or salsa. I grate them and put them in spaghetti sauce as well.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    I love them raw, especially grated on a salad. Hate em cooked tho lol
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Baby carrots are gross to me but a regular old carrot is delicious all by itself.
    ^^^ This. If you buy regular carrots, they are a lot sweeter than the baby ones. Also I'd suggest organic
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    I second others who dip them in hummus, but I also like to dip them in salsa.
  • lollipoprincess
    lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
    also, carrots are only good for one thing...

carrot-cake-safeway.jpg

Agreed! Someone make a recipe for protein carrot cake, yummm.
  • lollipoprincess
    Never tried hummus lol, I'll get on that.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    1319314085-img_2282.jpg
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    I've never much liked carrots - they're just a tool to get hummus in my mouth.

Sorry. I thought you said something else.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Carrots are really quite excellent......in a cake.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Roast them!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    I keep trying carrots every once in a while because they look so good. Then I take a bite and remember that they're just gross.

The only way I have been able to make them palatable is in carrot cake, and even then like 2 bites and I'm done. Me + carrots = sad taste buds.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    also, carrots are only good for one thing...

carrot-cake-safeway.jpg

YUP!
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    I've never much liked carrots - they're just a tool to get hummus in my mouth.

Sorry. I thought you said something else.

:bigsmile:
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    I love carrots. Eat them raw.

But I also have a recipe that I like- you can vary it to your needs- but I went to someone's house for dinner and she made this weird enchilada thing and said her mom always made it when she was a kid. It looked wierd when she made it, but now I crave it.

Chop into tiny chunks carrots and peeled zuccini. In a sauce pan with a little oil, cook the carrots and zukes, add salt and cayenne to taste (i use mild so I can get lots of cayenne taste without burning my tongue). Once the carrots and zukes are cooked, add black beans (strained of course) and cheese- stir it up.

Now you are gonna roll this up in tortillas, put them in a casserole dish, and top with Salsa Verde and more cheese. bake until it melts.

YUM....

My son is vegan so I make this with daiya cheese and it's epic.
    I also make my own salsa verde which is so mexcellent that i literally think of the enchiladas as a carrier for me to eat my salsa verde. You can add salsa to the insides of the enchiladas too. you can use corn tortillas if you prefer them.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Ahh no way!! I love carrots! Have you tried roasting them with a pinch of ground corriander and honey or maple syrup. Nom!

^^^^^^ this - yummy
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    They are also great in Moroccan Chicken, a slow cooker dish.

4 chicken quarters
    1 C chopped/baby carrots
    1 can chickpeas
    1 c raisins
    lemon wedges (you throw these out when its all cooked)
    a little salt, pepper, lemon juice, honey, garlic and cinnamon to taste

Sear the chicken quarters in a pan with a little olive oil, then throw everything in a slow cooker or deep skillet. Simmer until carrots are tender and chicken is cooked through. Eat as is, or serve over rice. Seriously my favorite dish ever!

This sounds really good. :)
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    I love them raw, especially grated on a salad. Hate em cooked tho lol

I also have this issue. I don't like cooked carrots. But see my post above where I found a recipe where i am more than happy to eat cooked carrots.
  • lollipoprincess
    I love carrots. Eat them raw.

But I also have a recipe that I like- you can vary it to your needs- but I went to someone's house for dinner and she made this weird enchilada thing and said her mom always made it when she was a kid. It looked wierd when she made it, but now I crave it.

Chop into tiny chunks carrots and peeled zuccini. In a sauce pan with a little oil, cook the carrots and zukes, add salt and cayenne to taste (i use mild so I can get lots of cayenne taste without burning my tongue). Once the carrots and zukes are cooked, add black beans (strained of course) and cheese- stir it up.

Now you are gonna roll this up in tortillas, put them in a casserole dish, and top with Salsa Verde and more cheese. bake until it melts.

YUM....

My son is vegan so I make this with daiya cheese and it's epic.
    I also make my own salsa verde which is so mexcellent that i literally think of the enchiladas as a carrier for me to eat my salsa verde. You can add salsa to the insides of the enchiladas too. you can use corn tortillas if you prefer them.

that sounds delicious.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Baby carrots are gross to me but a regular old carrot is delicious all by itself.

baby carrots are just regular carrots shaved down.

i know i just blew your mind. sorry.

Don't do that Brainy...with your logic and truths and stuff!
    erk7wi.jpg
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Raw carrots are amazing this topic makes 0 sense to me lol. Hummus was a good suggestion, ranch if your calories permit it.

If you don't like them, but need them in your diet you can shred them up and garnish a salad with them.

Edit: If you must cook carrots then cook them in bourbon. Something about whiskey and carrots is mind blowing.