Juice PLUS +

Options
Hello all,

Does anyone have any experiences, good or bad, with the Juice PLUS + system?

Replies

• amylg05
    amylg05 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My weight loss so far is mostly thanks to JP. Lost 5lbs in the first week and that motivated me to carry on and to seriously consider my lifestyle - I kicked (most) of my bad eating habits and started to exercise. JP gives me energy to be able to exercise and solved a lot of digestive/bloating problems I had. A lot of people on here some to hate on JP though just a word of warning! :)
  • Troyboystone
    Options
    I'm only on the Juice Plus capsules my wife has been on the powder since the begining of the year. I've been finding the capsules have been giving me alot more energy, I wake up in the morning feeling awake. The other funny thing I have noticed since i've been on it is that I don't get hang overs after a night out on the sauce lol. My wife has been getting great results on the protein powder, she was previosly on some other weight loss shake program which she did lose all of her preg weight but she was also losing her hair. With the Juice plus shakes she has lost more weight and her hair has grown back nice and thick. What Juice plus system are you looking to do?
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Like a moth to a flame....
  • FTF2014
    FTF2014 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    OP I have seen it happen and I hope it doesn't happen to you but I fear a troll army will come and start attacking you.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    OP I have seen it happen and I hope it doesn't happen to you but I fear a troll army will come and start attacking you.

:noway: Trolls! Run! :laugh:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    only thing needed is maintaining a calorie deficit. those pills will make your wallet thinner, but that's really all. wanna buy 'em? Sure, give someone else your money that you could spend on something that'd make a difference...

...like a good pair of running shoes, a set of weights, a food scale.. or just save the money.
  • Giddy72
    Giddy72 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Im not into meal replacements and shakes etc, but the tablets interest me?
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    When it went from Juice PLUS to juice PLus + the product really went down hill.
    Sorta like a bad sequel to a movie.
  • amylg05
    amylg05 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    The tablets are called capsules and theyre a food supplement made of just fruit and veg! I take them daily and love them :)
  • weewdy
    weewdy Posts: 39
    Options
    I dont have personal experience with it because i dont like spending money on shakes etc when i can do it myself without spending money. Although my news feed is full of people doing juice plus who are losing weight. It would be interesting to see the same people this time next year to see if the weight has crept back on. One particular woman has went from a size 20 to 12 in 3 months and lost 68lbs. I dont think thats the healthy way to do it.
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Adverse effects of Juice Plus have been mentioned in three studies,[13][36][61] No monitoring of adverse effects was reported in other published Juice Plus studies. The first of these studies (in 2000) reported adverse effects (upper-respiratory tract, urinary, and musculoskeletal) in roughly a third of the participants who took the products for 7 days; these events resolved spontaneously and were deemed unlikely to have derived from use of Juice Plus.[13] Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center noted[24] that in the second of these studies,[36] some subjects who took Orchard Blend and Garden Blend developed a hive-like rash. In the third study, from 2007, some subjects withdrew due to gastrointestinal distress, possibly caused by the Juice Plus regimen (a combination of Orchard Blend, Garden Blend, and Vineyard Blend).[61] In addition a medical case report[62] was published in which Juice Plus was identified as the probable cause of liver toxicity (hepatic inflammation) in a 51-year old female patient with endometrial cancer. The liver injury was reversed upon discontinuation of Juice Plus

They charge you money to get sick.

I can do that for free
  • Giddy72
    Giddy72 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    interesting stuff

Cheers folks
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,056 Member
    Options
    The tablets are called capsules and theyre a food supplement made of just fruit and veg! I take them daily and love them :)

But if all they are is capsules just made of fruit and veg - why don't you just eat, you know, fruit and veg?
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    And here we go for the zillionth time
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm only on the Juice Plus capsules my wife has been on the powder since the begining of the year. I've been finding the capsules have been giving me alot more energy, I wake up in the morning feeling awake. The other funny thing I have noticed since i've been on it is that I don't get hang overs after a night out on the sauce lol. My wife has been getting great results on the protein powder, she was previosly on some other weight loss shake program which she did lose all of her preg weight but she was also losing her hair. With the Juice plus shakes she has lost more weight and her hair has grown back nice and thick. What Juice plus system are you looking to do?

How long after giving birth was your wife taking the other weight loss shake? Because it's completely normal to lose hair (what seems like a lot of it) in the postpartum period. Your body doesn't shed hair while pregnant, so then it sheds all that extra hair after the baby is born. My daughter is 5 months old, and I'm still losing hair. (And this is my sixth baby, so I pretty well know what I'm talking about.)
  • Troyboystone
    Options
    [/quote]

How long after giving birth was your wife taking the other weight loss shake? Because it's completely normal to lose hair (what seems like a lot of it) in the postpartum period. Your body doesn't shed hair while pregnant, so then it sheds all that extra hair after the baby is born. My daughter is 5 months old, and I'm still losing hair. (And this is my sixth baby, so I pretty well know what I'm talking about.)[/quote]

Sorry i've just seen this reply
    Our boy was over 18 months old when taking the other product. When she was on the Juice Plus shake after having her second baby it was a 10 month gap
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I am not a believer in meal replacement shakes. However, I do use the protein powder as a post-workout snack. It's the tastiest I've come accross
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Why would you guys necro this?