Sweet tooth in the mornings

Options
2»

Replies

• margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Chocolate pb2 and cottage cheese. Lots of protein and less fat than reg peanut butter. I do greek yogurt the voskos is really good and add cottage cheese to that too for more protein. I have found that if i dont start my day with too much sweet it keeps me from craving it all day. I was really having a problem with coffee creamers and finally just gave them up. The bars are good but they dont hold me over as well as the yogurt cotrage cheese combo.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Low-fat Eggo nutri-grain waffle with 1/2 C fresh strawberries and lite Reddi Whip on top. It's 109 calories and tastes like strawberry shortcake.
  • Diesel_Girl
    Diesel_Girl Posts: 39
    Options
    Greek yogurt, 1 TBSP of chia seeds, and 1/8c chopped walnuts. Approx: 320 Calories, 16 g Protein, and 7 g of Fiber Keeps me full all morning! :)

Also, there are recipes online for banana protein muffins and they are amazing.
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Girl, I know the feeling. Sometimes I wake up and feel as if I could happily devour 5 chocolate bars.

Instead I add a tablespoon of nutella to my porridge. Only 100 calories bam. :bigsmile:
    Or if I'm feeling extra chocolatey I add 2. 450ish calories for breakfast as I use almond milk and I don't need chocolate for the rest of the day.

Stops me from turning into mental chocolate woman later. Success. :drinker:
  • vbennett7
    vbennett7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    it may not be the healthiest, but I buy a chocolate chocolate chip muffin mix and put applesauce in it instead of oil, egg whites instead of whole eggs or..
    I eat a cereal like Special K chocolate almond or strawberry and use coconut milk-it really helps
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the other comments, so I hope this isn't a duplicate. I have a MAJOR sweet tooth & love chocolate and peanut butter everything. So I eat this every morning and it actually keeps me full for hours (I had it at 8am this morning and ate lunch at 2:30).

1 cup coconut milk (I sometimes use almond milk instead, which is 30 calories)--80 calories
    1/2 tbsp chia seeds--30 calories
    Handful of spinach or kale--5-15 calories depending on exact amount
    2 tbsp chocolate PB2--45 calories
    1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Natural Chocolate Whey Protein Powder--130 calories
    2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder--20 calories
    1/2 tsp xanthan gum--5 calories (you can omit this, I just use it so it's super thick and eat it with a spoon instead of drinking it...makes me feel fuller)
    10 ice cubes

Blend it all up really well and then I pour into a bowl and eat with a spoon. With the amount of spinach I used today, it came out to 315 calories and it makes a lot.
  • curlergal14
    curlergal14 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been starting my days with a big fruit smoothie with some protein powder.

4oz water
    4oz juice (I generally use plain Orange juice)
    a small to medium banana (I cut them up when ripe and freeze them, makes the smoothie nice and creamy)
    3/4 to 1 scoop of protein powder (17-25g protein, 120-150 calories)
    1/2 cup frozen fruit

It comes out to 375 to 450 calories each time, but it takes me long enough to drink and fills me up until lunch (3-4 hours!). The protein powder is key. I just use the Target Market Pantry brand, but I've heard of tons of good ones and it looks like there are lots of them listed in the comments here already.
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Kroger has both a chocolate and a vanilla Carbmaster milk with 11-12 g protein and the chocolate has 80 cals whereas vanilla has 60 cals. Fiber One makes a chocolate cereal for 80 calories. And there are good sweet flavors of Light N'Fit greek yogurt, 80 cals, 12 g protein.
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    You are all so freakin' amazing! There are so many ideas here that I am definitely going to try. I think you've all saved me from my morning sweet tooth.

Thank you so much!
  • gladhelen
    gladhelen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I second Nutella Porridge! or Porridge with blueberries and maple syrup. And another great one is pancakes. I make a batch of these:http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/06/whole-wheat-pancakes.html#more and reheat in the mornings during the week and eat with berries, coconut flakes and maple syrup

or also these chocolate chip banana muffins:http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/petite-chocolate-chip-banana-bread.html I sometimes have one and a fruit topped yoghurt, or 2 if I really want something cakey! they freeze really well too.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Porridge always fills me up and I love all the different flavourings I can use, pretty much anything sweet that I'm craving (as long as it;s just one calorie dense thing you add lol). My faves have been peanut butter and jam, chocolate (from chocolate or chocolate powders), peanut butter and chocolate... I also love vanilla soleil or chobani yogurt with my own flavourings!!