What do you do with phone/keys/etc

Options
124»

Replies

• miztrezzlyn
    miztrezzlyn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have a flipbelt and have used it for a year. I haven't found that it rides up at all, it stays firmly where I want it to. I have to carry tissues and my phone with me and I find I can dig out my tissue pack and replace it fairly easily even while running. It's not the most graceful thing to do but I do it a few times during the run. Removing the phone and replacing it is a bit more awkward but if I make sure to complete flip it down, remove the phone, put it back and flip it back up it isn't too bad.

I love that thing, its great during warm weather because I don't like using an armband that makes that part of my arm really sweaty and I wouldn't want to bring a jacket or anything for the pockets. It doesn't let things move or jiggle and I hardly even know that it's there.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I leave them at home. Then I use my key to open the door and phone to call people.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Dry bags! Raid the local sporting goods store for 'em (or the net if you loathe shopping), I picked up a pack of three for around twelve bucks off a website recently and they're worth every penny.
  • LetsGetBikiniBodyReady
    Options
    I put my car key on one of those things you can wear on your wrist and then I just hold my phone. I did find a pair of workout pants at walmart that has a little zippered pocket on the back top of it, witch is now where I put my key when I wear them, but I still have to hold my phone.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    My phone, ID and a 20 dollar bill go in my arm cuff (I use nxe's arm cuff: http://www.amazon.com/NXE-ActiveSLEEVE-Armband-Smartphone-players/dp/B0042L1TOE)
    iPod goes on my belt pouch (I can't stand the way the wire flops around if I try to run it through my sleeve to an arm cuff). It's the same race bib/gel bandolier I wear when I race
    and my car fob gets tied into the drawstring on my shorts.

If it's a long run and I need to bring water, I have a camelback belt that has extra pockets for "other stuff" otherwise, I don't typically carry anything else.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,023 Member
    Options
    I leave them at home. Then I use my key to open the door and phone to call people.

Maybe really silly question - but how can you leave your key at home and then open the door with it when you get back??

My son has some sports socks - they have tiny zip up pocket on side - just big enough for one house key and maybe a coin.
    He doesn't take a phone.
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Essential key in the tiny butt pocket of the running pants.
    No phone, I have a small mp3 player that I clip onto my waistband for music.
    GPS watch if I want to see my pace/distance.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    For short runs (anything 6miles or under) I just bring my house key in the back pocket of whatever I'm wearing, or if there's someone at home I just go without. I don't bring my phone as I don't listen to music when I run and I have a Garmin to track my run so I don't need it. I also don't need water for anything up to 6miles - if I've had enough water throughout the day, I am hydrated enough.

For anything longer than 6miles I have a belt with two small water bottles and a pouch which fits my keys, phone, money for emergencies, and gels/beans etc just in case I need a boost.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    http://www.armpocket.com/

I have a big Galaxy SIII in an OtterBox case. Most arm bands I have seen wouldn't fit it - but this one does with room for other things like keys, money and my chapstick!
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I usually drive to a jogging/walking path near our house. I'll wear a spare car key on a lanyard and lock everything else in my car. I'll only care my drivers license, debit card and a little cash, just in case something happens while out.

As for phone, I just hold it, usually. I use it for MapMyRun or the C25K app, and music. I have a bluetooth clip so I don't have to deal with the wire from the phone to my head, but that also means that having the phone in my pocket sometimes interrupts the connection. I may get one of those arm bands for it.
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I put my phone in an armband and my key in the pocket in my running tights (I don't buy underarmour for the specific reason that they don't have a pocket in the shorts/tights)!!!!

I see a lot of people using these, especially in races, covers everything, phone, keys & water
    http://www.run4it.com/shop/accessories/speed-belt-2/
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I have a water bottle belt which has a zippered pocket that I keep my health card and sometimes money. Depending on the weather, my keys either go in the pocket or a jacket pocket. Cell phone goes in a pouch that fits on the belt.
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Phone on my arm in an armband (I use it for music and mapmyrun). Keys? I really need to get a lanyard or something. I have been known to hide my keys inside the gas door...
  • rpmtnbkr
    rpmtnbkr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I should probably take my phone with me for safety reasons, but I usually leave it in the car. I use my garmin watch, my ipod shuffle, and take my car key off and carry it in my hand.

^^^^^ without a doubt.... you never know who's lurking etc.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Some great input! Leaving my phone behind isn't an option and I need to drive to where I run (no sidewalks where I live and far too busy/dangerous to run on the road). So I always have my phone and car keys with me. I am going to check out those belt options. In the past I hated the armbands, they were really uncomfortable.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I leave them at home.

Simple.

Or in the car if I run when I am elsewhere.

If I would lock my car I would just take the key to the door on the run. In the winter alot of gloves have a spot to put them in, or in the summer I put the door key on my shoe lace and tie it down.