LADIES - Measurement help needed

Options
bethira
bethira Posts: 132 Member
Chest measurement ... with or without a bra? I'm rather well endowed and the measurements are considerably different. I don't want to "cheat" but I'm not sure which is the right way to do this.

Replies

• trinity5703
    trinity5703 Posts: 78
    Options
    Im pretty busty as well... if your measuring to input it into MFP to track your progress.. then measure with a bra, as this is how you would measure if you were going to figure out a size for a new dress or blouse.

Now if you are measuring for proper bra size its an entirely different process
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I think you can do either -- the important thing is to be consistent. I don't personally care what my measurement is for ordering clothes, since I don't buy online anyway. So to me, the utility of a bust measurement would just be one more data point for comparing month to month.

As a result, I don't measure bust at all. Measuring without a bra tickles and measuring with a bra is way too inconsistent for me -- especially if my goal is to lose weight, I can't measure in the same bra everytime from the start of my journey to the end and my bras vary considerably in their padding, support, lift, etc. Also, as you work out and strengthen your pecs and whatnot, your "nipple-line" will probably raise, which could make the measurements all over the place.

I'd recommend either measuring under the breasts (around the ribcage) or over the breasts (right under the armpits) with no bra on. To me, this is more useful because it still gives me a point of comparison for that area of the body, while also staying more consistent and less tickly.
  • CuAlMc
    CuAlMc Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i always measure with my bra on otherwise I would know were to measure as they don't sit the same when not controlled. also if you do measure in a bra make sure its the same bra each time as different bra will make them sit a little differently. I always measure when in my sports bra to be consistant