Does anyone on MFP here have a Thermomix?

Options
I am very fortunate to have a Thermomix which is a very sophisticated Kitchen Gadget that does practically everything. I have had it a couple of months now and I absolutely love it. Tonight I made Thai Chicken Cakes which took me about half an hour to make and 10 mins to cook. Had this with a salad and a tbsp of sweet chilli sauce, I was absolutely stuffed. I made 5 cakes from the recipe out of the 'Meat on the Menu cookbook'. I stored the whole recipe in My Recipes and had 2 cakes for dinner which totalled 273 calories!

If anyone has a TM, I highly recommend this recipe. If you don't have the book let me know and I can upload it here. Check out my blog to see a picture of it, www.vonniesworld.co.uk/blog

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Thermomix? Is that what they're calling wives these days?
  • yvonnehunt
    Options
    Hahaha, cheeky!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Thermomix? Is that what they're calling wives these days?

I snorted out loud on this one. I had no idea what it was when I opened this thread! Was it pricey?
  • cajan10
    cajan10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love my TM - just trying to work out calories in their standard recipe of lemon/lime butter - yummy ! - had a tablespoon for breakfast
    :smile:
  • wildiriss
    wildiriss Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have a Vitamix, and they're basically the same thing. I'm completely in love with it, I use it all the time. :) Just made black bean quinoa burgers with it tonight.
  • 61TJ
    61TJ Posts: 15
    Options
    I love my TM, I've had it for 2 years, I use it every day, I make my own yogurt, my own bread, my own curry powder even, you have complete control over what is in your food, and doing MFP with it is a dream, it is so easy to weigh everything as you're cooking.
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
  • Continuum2
    Continuum2 Posts: 1
    Options
    Had one for almost 2 years now.

Love it and use it several times a day.

I do not think that I could do without it now. High initial cost, but worth it in the end.
  • lexidear
    lexidear Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've just ordered one, would love some recipes or insight into the things you all make!
  • Puffin0105
    Puffin0105 Posts: 1
    Options
    I joined recently my Fitness pal and I have a Thermonix for now 6 years and use it nearly every day.
    I find receipes on the internet but will be happy to go and find more on your blog
    :happy:
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Meeeee, meeeee, meeeee! I love my thermi :) Feel free to add me as a friends and we can share recipes.
  • lexidear
    lexidear Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    awesome have added you both :D
    Look forward to swapping recipes as soon as I get my thermie and some recipes to play around with!
  • Jmatacz
    Jmatacz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have had my tm31 for about 2.5 years now and I absolutely love it. I use it multiple times per day and it really take the time our of food prep/cooking for me as a working Mum.

I would love the recipe Yvonne since I don't own MoM cookbook (I have most others)! Thanks :)