111 protein, 111 (net) carbs, 108 fat. Yay? Nay?

Options
bms34b
bms34b Posts: 401 Member
Alright. I'm still trying to figure out the macros that work for me (5'6" 138lb, trying to get to 130 building muscle).

What do you aim for regarding macros?
I'm pretty happy with my 111 protein, 111 carbs, and 108 fat for the day, but I'm not 100% sure I should be.

Thoughts?

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    113 Protein, 55 fat, 228 carbs

BAM!
  • ahlstrom1211
    ahlstrom1211 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    113 Protein, 55 fat, 228 carbs

BAM!

agree!:wink:
  • dont_tap_my_aces
    dont_tap_my_aces Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Might want to cycle in more carbs less fat post work out, and more fats less carbs on rest days.
  • AJ_G
    Options
    Might want to cycle in more carbs less fat post work out, and more fats less carbs on rest days.

Seriously? And why would that be?
  • BigSpoonSA
    BigSpoonSA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The amount of fat seems high. I'd use the IIFYM calculator (If It Fits Your Macros) to determine what your macros should be. Also, you're calories are too high.

My macros as a 275lb 6'2" 31yr old male are: 208 carbs 31 fat 237 protein 33 fiber

You'll probably want something like: 160g carbs, 120g protein and 53g fat but feel free to play with it. As long as you remain under on your calories.
  • AJ_G
    Options
    The amount of fat seems high. I'd use the IIFYM calculator (If It Fits Your Macros) to determine what your macros should be. Also, you're calories are too high.

My macros as a 275lb 6'2" 31yr old male are: 208 carbs 31 fat 237 protein 33 fiber

You'll probably want something like: 160g carbs, 120g protein and 53g fat but feel free to play with it. As long as you remain under on your calories.

You're 275lbs and you only eat 31g of fat a day?! What are you doing?
  • bms34b
    Options

This seems like a good idea. Today was a rest day for me. Thanks!
  • LaxRunLift
    LaxRunLift Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Also, you're calories are too high.

When added up, her macros equate to 1890 calories a day. Definitely not too high, considering she's trying to do a recomp.

You'll probably want something like: 160g carbs, 120g protein and 53g fat

1600 calories a day to build muscle? lol good luck
  • bms34b
    Options

I'm focusing more on balancing macros as opposed to low calorie. I find I have much better energy and more consistent weight loss when doing so. Additionally, it's really hard for me to stay under 120 in carbs and be over my maintenance in calories.
  • bms34b
    Options
    Also, you're calories are too high.

When added up, her macros equate to 1890 calories a day. Definitely not too high, considering she's trying to do a recomp.

You'll probably want something like: 160g carbs, 120g protein and 53g fat

1600 calories a day to build muscle? lol good luck

Aaand thank you. :)
  • AJ_G
    Options

2rm6po7.jpg
  • bms34b
    Options

Wow, OP takes one of the two worst ideas given to her and runs with it because it "seems like a good idea". Facepalm.

I'd love to know why it's not - this is why I'm posting. Other suggestions? Lower fat, higher protein? Open to other suggestions.
  • AJ_G
    Options

Wow, OP takes one of the two worst ideas given to her and runs with it because it "seems like a good idea". Facepalm.

I'd love to know why it's not - this is why I'm posting. Other suggestions? Lower fat, higher protein? Open to other suggestions.

Set your macros as suggested, for fat make sure you get a minimum of 0.4g of fat per lb of body weight. For protein get a minimum of 0.82g of protein per lb of body weight, and then fill the rest of your calories with carbs. I already did all the math in my first post on this thread which is the 2nd overall post. Eat whatever you want to hit those macros throughout the day. It DOES NOT MATTER when you eat, how many meals you eat, or how big each meal is, AS LONG AS your total calorie intake and your macronutrient intake remains constant.
  • bms34b
    Options

Set your macros as suggested, for fat make sure you get a minimum of 0.4g of fat per lb of body weight. For protein get a minimum of 0.82g of protein per lb of body weight, and then fill the rest of your calories with carbs. I already did all the math in my first post on this thread which is the 2nd overall post. Eat whatever you want to hit those macros throughout the day. It DOES NOT MATTER when you eat, how many meals you eat, or how big each meal is, AS LONG AS your total calorie intake and your macronutrient intake remains constant.

Thank you! I needed the explanation - the post of just the numbers went over my head. I'm no expert just yet. :) This is helpful!
  • AJ_G
    Options

Thank you! I needed the explanation - the post of just the numbers went over my head. I'm no expert just yet. :) This is helpful!

One other thing to add is that your fat and protein goals are MINIMUMS. It's perfectly fine and perfectly healthy to exceed these goals as long as you do not exceed your calorie goal, and you hit the minimums for both. Carbohydrates does not have a minimum goal because it's the only macronutrient that is not essential to your body that is, it's the only macronutrient that your body can physically survive without.