Hello All

Options
Hello Everyone,
I am LeeAnn. I'm 40 yrs old and a mom of 5. I am not shy lol I currently weigh 187 and am 5'3. So I'm plump! haha
I WAS as pop addict and a sugar junkie. For the past 2 months I have cut all soda and cut 90% of my sugar. I was drinking green smoothies but grew tired of them. So now I just drink lots of water and watch what I eat. I have lost 10 pounds so far but I know Im not eating enough Protein. So I am here to learn what I should eat.

I am not a breakfast eater and usually don't eat til about noon or 1pm. So any tips would be appreciated. I don't have any friends on here so if you would like to send me a request I would gladly accept. I need all of the support I can get! lol

My ideal weight is 145lbs I have started fast walking on the treadmill at least 3-4 times per week for 25 min and I would love to start lifting weights to tone up(but I have bought any yet).

This is a new laptop so I will post a profile pic once I get some on here.

Thanks Everyone!
LeeAnn

Replies

• 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you know what they say about breakfast being the most important meal of the day :wink: You really do need to eat regularly. It will help keep your metabolism from thinking you're starving yourself. What are your daily caloric needs? have you figured those out yet?
  • Arlynsmom
    Arlynsmom Posts: 4
    Options
    It says on here 1200 calories and 60 g protein
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    That's a start, try to plan your meals and break them up into your meals for the day. My diary is open so you can view it anytime. Although I'm a male with higher caloric needs, you can still eat the same foods. It may help get you started on different types of foods to try. Others will chime in, this has been an awesome source of info and support for me. Hopefully it will be for you as well.
  • kimmieb2u
    kimmieb2u Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi LeeAnn! Welcome to MFP! My name is Kim and I've been here a few months making way for a "new and improved" way of life! There are a lot of people and groups to help you achieve your fitness/health goals. It's great that you're already used to exercise and have been working on limiting unhealthy food choices.

There are some groups that could help you with a beginning strength training routine. I have been using weights for several weeks because although I want to lose weight, I want to make sure I keep (and add to) my muscle mass. I'd lost weight before and although I did a lot of cardio and could walk a lot I felt weak and couldn't lift the kinds of things I'd been able to lift before the weight loss. This time I'm doing it differently. I'm glad you are going to add some lifting too!

I hope you make lots of friends here and you can add me if you like!
  • alejandrasandoval826
    Options
    hi leann im also new at this... first day, no friends yet.