• ashesmf
    ashesmf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Fifty shades :/

Not a fan?
  • JessieSky
    JessieSky Posts: 79
    Options
    I feel so restricted by nerd labels O.o lol....much prefer to just mention what I like without trying to fit into any specific niche.
    I'm an obsessive, life long learner type for sure (what else would I be, getting into medicine? xD). I float back and forth heavily between a few fandoms. I'm very into science and art. I like scifi but I'm very particular about it. It's too late and I haven't slept at all, I'm worried about sounding like a hipster nerd. (Which I'm fairly sure I'm NOT. lol)
  • embrace_the_dark_side
    Options

Not a fan?

Anything that starts as Twilight fan fiction isn't going to be that good.
  • ashesmf
    ashesmf Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Not a fan?

Anything that starts as Twilight fan fiction isn't going to be that good.
    I'm guessing you watched the lame Twilight movie? This is why you should always read the book:)
    Maybe I'm just no expert, but Fifty Shades worked for me.
    To each her own ;)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    palaeoanthropology nerd (as in totally obsessed: I have a blog on it and also write fiction set in the palaeolithic era) (and anyone who's familiar with my posts on this forum know I talk about neanderthals and Homo erectus a lot lol)

plus science generally, especially biological sciences but I also have a soft spot for physics

also:
    - lifelong Dr Who, Star Wars and Star Trek fan (lifelong as in from age around 5 or 6 and can't actually remember the first time I watched Dr Who or Star Trek)
    - also a big fan of LOTR and Harry Potter
    - I like fantasy fiction generally

ETA: I also own the entire Asterix comic book series... collected since age 6
  • Agatefairy
    Agatefairy Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm a history, fairy, wizard, bird, New Age/spiritualism...butterfly nerd. lol. Yeah <<<that
  • anneboleynr
    anneboleynr Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    History, fantasy, horror, comic books, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Marvel movies (currently a toss up between Loki and Winter Soldier for my faves). I must be a school nerd as well because I have a PhD so I was a student for eleventy billion years. I'm not that great with math, though, so it was a relief that I only needed statistics for my degree.
  • RhysWill_I_Ams
    Options
    I'm the heavily tattooed, glasses wearing, DC/Marvel comic t-shirt wearing, Fanatic Dr Who loving (So much so I'm having a TARDIS tattoo), Always have my nose in a book reading, grammar and spelling correcting type of Nerd!....Who can bench 245lbs and squat 370lbs...both were only for one rep but goddamit that one rep counts!!
  • squeepig
    squeepig Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Oh lordy, how much time do you have? I've been running a text based online Star Trek forum RP for years (just search for USS Talon), I work in nuclear medicine, I play the clarinet, I do astrophotography, I just went to WonderCon in Anaheim, I own my own Klingon costume, I'm a rock hound, and and and............ I think that's enough for now. Oh, wait, I ran my own BBS before the internet existed and people would call my phone number and their computer would talk to mine and they would download text files with their 300baud modems. I'll shut up now, hahahhaha.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Huge book geek in case it wasn't obvious from my user name here.

Other interests: LOTR including the more obscure books/notes by Tolkien, sci-fi books/films/TV, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Dune (by Frank Herbert) series, Walking Dead, huge
    anglophile, history buff and PNR reader

Been to a few conventions though not in costume
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I code to relax.
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    Oh lordy, how much time do you have? I've been running a text based online Star Trek forum RP for years (just search for USS Talon), I work in nuclear medicine, I play the clarinet, I do astrophotography, I just went to WonderCon in Anaheim, I own my own Klingon costume, I'm a rock hound, and and and............ I think that's enough for now. Oh, wait, I ran my own BBS before the internet existed and people would call my phone number and their computer would talk to mine and they would download text files with their 300baud modems. I'll shut up now, hahahhaha.
    i just fell in love
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I am not a nerd at all. I identify as a geek, thank you very much.
  • Haiyaku
    Haiyaku Posts: 26
    Options
    Anime, drawing and watching. Cooking and baking :3 aaaand Gaming :3 Mostly Tekken
  • bethyv1030
    bethyv1030 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Nerdiest thing about me... I'm pretty obsessed with pokemon. I hack every game that comes out and I'm proud to say I have tonz of legendaries. I however find this awesome, not nerdy!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I'm not seriously involved in the ren faire or convention scene but they are fun. I've not done cosplay, with the recent exception of dipping my toes in the water of Steampunk at a recent Ball and that was SO MUCH FUN! My girlfriend and I went and she put together a couple great last minute costumes. I'm not much of a dancer but had a blast anyway and watching Snugglesmacks dance and have a good time was a joy to behold.

I'm always up for a ren faire, a costume ball or a video game, especially when they involve my kthulu!! <3<3<3
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    It's a semi long list: -big breath- jpop, pokemon, yugioh, anime, manga, video games, (sorta-begining) Star Trek, Star Wars, kingdom hearts, book, Serlock, Doctor Who, BBC... (ect ect)
  • runnergirl0721
    runnergirl0721 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE dork---books, art, workout....i mean, i'm 30 years old and still in school...
  • embrace_the_darkside
    Options
    I enjoy "problems." I like solving them... these often end up involving technology (know a bunch of programming languages, I can develop apps for Android and iPhone) but sometimes they don't (I am pretty handy with tools). I also love to read. I am addicted to the library and its rare for me to not have a book or ten checked out at the same time
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Someone needs to design an algorithm to work this out for sure