How many carrots is "3oz"?

Options
2»

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to peoples ... "assumptions" on what 3oz is.

Thickness & length determine weight, not the numbers of carrots. Go buy a cheap digital scale at Wal-Mart for $20.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    What does your scale say?
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Im not too good at that. Baby carrots. Says serving is 3oz. How many carrots would that be?

https://www.google.com/search?q=calorie+per+baby+carrot
  • AnatolF
    AnatolF Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Though it doesn't answer your question directly, I would highly suggest an investment in a digital scale. Recently I picked up this one on Amazon for $25 "EatSmart Precision Pro". You will thank yourself later.

As for the carrots, it's hard to guess what 3oz would be without actually seeing the size of these baby carrots. All baby carrots are not sized and weighed equally.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    special_officer_doofy-127659.gif
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    target has scales , multiples right around 20 bucks, walmart carries some right in the same price range.
    even if they are cheaper and not 100% medically accurate , its ok ..
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    How many servings per bag? Until you get a food scale, you can just split the bag into 5 servings (a smaller bag has 5 servings).

Hope that helps:happy:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    You can buy an inexpensive food scale on Amazon or at Walmart.

^^^ this

baby carrots vary in size. weighing your food ensures accuracy. volume measures and assuming every piece of food you eat is an average sized portion are not so accurate.... and this inaccuracy can kill your entire deficit and cause you to not lose weight
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    How many calories are even in a carrot? If you guessed and were off by 50%, what would that be, like 20 extra calories?
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Go buy a cheap digital scale at Wal-Mart for $20.

I got mine for about $10 including free shipping on amazon.com!

Seriously, get a scale, then weigh out the oz or g of carrots into little baggies for the entire week. Plus all your other snacks. I also re-use my baggies, so they aren't wasted.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 5-20 carrots. I've had baby carrots that were thicker than my thumb, I've had baby carrots that were only 1-2 mm thick.

Food scale!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Get a kitchen scale and find out.

Seriously get a scale. They're cheap and mine had been indispensable as a fitness tool.
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    the science in me... it um. nerd.frustration.

um 3 oz.

that's why it's in oz- it's a already a unit of measurement.