anyone lose weight with ZUMBA!?

Options
Veganvibesss
Veganvibesss Posts: 123 Member
i have been doing it for an hour everyday the past 2 weeks and lost 14 pounds! :D i have 21 more to go!
Has anyone had success with zumba as there workout!?
id LOVE to see some before and after pics :) include the dates please! or time frame!

Replies

• gottobethin2014
    Options
    Wow that's fab - what kind of calorie range are you eating?
  • Veganvibesss
    Options
    i honestly don't eat much i try and push myself to eat 1500 a day
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I used the Zumba Exhileration DVD set to lose the majority of my weight :) There is a pic in my profile pictures that shows my waist & some back flab lol - before & after. It was from Feb 2013 to July 2013

http://dakd0cjsv8wfa.cloudfront.net/images/photos/507/735/38507735_4994.jpg
  • KTemple1
    KTemple1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    LOVE Zumba! Between Zumba and Weight Watchers (I recently stopped and switched to MFP to save money!), I lost almost 40 lbs last year! I go to classes at my local gym and have made some really good friends that way.
  • gottobethin2014
    Options
    That's good - I try to net 1200 after exercise (normally 1600)

Been running and doing zumba - have lost 3.5lbs this week so we are doing something right with zumba
  • FitMomma86
    Options
    I am on week 2 of a 5 week Zumba Challenge, these were my stats prior to starting:

Hips- 44"
    Waist-37"
    Bust- 43"
    Chest- 38"

After 1 week :

Hips: 43 1/2"
    Waist: 36 3/4"
    Bust: 42 1/2"
    Chest: 37"

Weight Loss of 2lbs

I have 3 more workouts before I log my results from this week, my goal is lose 2lbs a week through out the challenge. I plan on trying to attend a live class as soon as Winter and all the snow are finally gone.
  • carrysa
    carrysa Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done the zumba xbox game...do you think its just as effective...i do work up a sweat when i do it.....
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done the zumba xbox game...do you think its just as effective...i do work up a sweat when i do it.....

I do not burn as much with the Xbox as I did the DVD set..however I think there are different ones. The one I had - you stopped too much to move on to the next one which in the end lost time :/
  • Veganvibesss
    Options
    im using the one with wii im pretty sure its the same :)
  • cartagenam
    cartagenam Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba, it is my favorite thing to do and I do it about 4 times a week at my gym. It also just gets me in a good mood with the dancing and music too.
  • natnlj
    natnlj Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I just started Zumba Core for the wii this week and I love it! I am excited to see all of the replies! I feel a little uncoordinated right now, but am loving the music and energy I feel afterwards! Does everyone do the entire hour? I did, but didn't know if I'll burn out doing that every day and if others "switch it up" with their routines? Congratulations on your success!
  • Veganvibesss
    Options
    i do the entire hour, i choose a different set of songs everyday :)
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Majority of my weight loss was zumba. I've taken to running now and cut down on the Zumba a lot. I used to do 4 times a week with some strength training twice a week(very little to be of any significance). Now I do once or twice a week max and run thrice a week. I've stopped strength training altogether because of an injury. I can see it slow down but I just have 5 lbs more to lose so I'm happy with the slow down. I would like to start Zumba toning/strength soon though. I still have a flabby tummy.
  • SummerOBX8
    Options
    I used the Zumba Exhileration DVD set to lose the majority of my weight :) There is a pic in my profile pictures that shows my waist & some back flab lol - before & after. It was from Feb 2013 to July 2013

http://dakd0cjsv8wfa.cloudfront.net/images/photos/507/735/38507735_4994.jpg

I have had those DVD's for months (used/bought off ebay) and have not tried using them yet. This inspires me to actually try it!
  • nikkineidigh
    nikkineidigh Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've done Zumba for four months before I move down to Texas. I dropped from 155 to 115 pounds, but since I haven't doing Zumba fir awhile and gain ten pounds, I am getting back on the horse today. For six days straight until I hit 106
  • nikkineidigh
    nikkineidigh Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love that one. Not as much as I like rush and the ones that teaches dances from around the world.
  • tildastwistedlife
    tildastwistedlife Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am also using Zumba on the Wii. I do know it stops between songs but nothing says you have to stop moving. March, skip, hop, run in place, whatever! Just keep your heart rate up between songs. I do okay when I walk/run but I do great when I've been hitting the Zumba!
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I started Zumba this year. Originally just one time a week, but now three times a week. I really enjoy it. I wish I was seeing more results though :( I am NOT a dancer, and I do struggle with some of the steps/moves (just can't do anything with my hips). I wear my HRM and Fitbit and it's just an ok workout for me (averaging 300 or so per hour, 6000 steps). But I do enjoy it and look forward to it, and I don't know that I'd workout for a solid hour on my own at home (I get in a lot of smaller workouts throughout the day). It's my eating I know ... I track everything here on MFP, but the quality and quantity of calories is still not good even though I usually squeak out a daily/weekly deficit.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I like it, but limiting my cardio right now as I am at the point I want to lose fat not muscle, so...strength/resistance are my focus. In my first 41 lbs (according to a Tanita body composition analyzer), I lost 7 lbs. of "other" which can include muscle, 7 lbs. that were not fat. I decided to fight to keep the rest. By 30 lbs. down I was switching out cardio in favor of more muscle-sparing pursuits.

Just remember if you lose weight with pure cardio, you are losing about 30% muscle, if you are okay with that, great...I wasn't.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! I actually purchased a Wii just so I can do Zumba at home. I did it just one time and it was kinda hard. Not the dances so much, but it does take a lot of energy to do. I haven't done it again since, but I do a lot of other dance workouts. I wanted to start doing Zumba faithfully and see if I get results. I am glad to see people have success with it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!