Polar FT4 Battery question?

Options
Ok guys so, i have FT4 which is alright at the moment but was wondering how long the battery lasts?
I workout out a lot so i obviously use it everyday? I have been using is for over 7months now. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: when did yours die finally, i want to buy a spare so that i am not in hot water when it runs out (but i am broke at the mo:cry: ).
what is it's lifespan? Your experiences really matter please share

Replies

• awomaame25
    awomaame25 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for about a year and it's still going :)
  • BackInTheSaddle13
    BackInTheSaddle13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I use mine daily and I have had to replace the battery in the watch twice and the chest band just once. I've had it for a year.
  • awomaame25
    awomaame25 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    mmm? interesting
  • CuAlMc
    CuAlMc Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I had one of these but went a different brand as the battery life isn't long. I use my HRM every day for at least 1 hour

My strap battery needed to be replaced at about 10 months and

My watch battery needed to be replaces at 11 months.

My strap also needed to be replaced at 12 months - Battery was still fine.

I had rang polar as I was having problems and the service department said that they were surprised that my strap lasted so long as if used for an hour everyday they only have a life of about 6 months on them and they were also shocked at how long my battery lasted as they usually go quite quickly.

After this news I went to a different brand and over 12 months later have had no problems.
  • heysarge13
    heysarge13 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Currently I have just over 300 hrs on my and still on my original battery
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 for mmmhh about 3-4 months ... I already bought 2 batteries for when I need to replace them .. it doesn't hurt to be prepared lol
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I had to change the watch battery once at about two years use and the chest strap one just recently at almost 4 years. I replace d the watch as well again this time.

I wear it daily for around a hour or so.
  • mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have an FT7, and the first battery lasted over 1 year.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Not sure, is the store Batteries Plus nationwide? If yes, go there. The original battery in my FT4 watch died after about a year and a half. Batteries Plus changed it for around $12, with a guarantee to continue changing the battery free of charge for the life of my HRM.
  • heysarge13
    heysarge13 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have an update to my earlier post... 13 months was the life of my FT4 watch battery. My watch died yesterday morning during a 6 mile run. Ive had a backup battery for a while now. I can't exactly remember but I believe it only.cost around $5 or so and you can pick up about anywhere that carries watch or camera batteries.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Also make sure you're storing the transmitter NOT clipped to the belt. It stops transmitting once unclipped