where did you notice weight loss from first? :)

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    face
  • southern_star
    southern_star Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My face and back
  • ThinkInOregon
    ThinkInOregon Posts: 283
    Options
    Boobs then butt... both places I would have preferred to KEEP the volume!
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    We were talking to my MIL who's in Tokyo with Skype video call today and she noticed it on my face. In your .... my face !!
  • suejenfb
    suejenfb Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I noticed my weight loss first in my feet, my shoes were too loose. LOL Probably a lot of water weight.
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Waist and stomach. I just told a friend today, I actually have a distinct separation of boobs and belly. I had gotten to the point that it was kind of a big slope from the top down. Now I have 2 rolls, one being boob line, the other belly. But they are clearly separate, lol
  • BetterThanExpected
    BetterThanExpected Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My face.
  • cowbooger
    cowbooger Posts: 10
    Options
    This is awesome! Thanks for all the input guys! I guess my face and "gut" are the most noticable as ive had people comment on that already im like, its just 6 lbs haha
  • LaudyDah
    LaudyDah Posts: 1
    Options
    Face, and then boobs, unfortunately... :/
  • mesmerpantz
    Options
    Reduced cellulite on my legs and butt was first noticeable change
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My pants started fitting looser, so I suppose my waist. I also see it some in my face.
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You should lose it all over, but you'll notice it more in areas that have less fat. That's why people claim they lose it first in their face, arms, breasts, etc... They're actually losing some all over, but the difference in places like your stomach, thighs, love handles, etc... is barely noticeable percentage-wise compared to leaner areas.

Another way to think of it which many people experience is you lose weight in reverse to your gain. The last places you gained weight are the first places you see it drop. Its frustrating because most people just want to lose the 10 pounds of belly fat, but that often really requires losing 30-40 pounds or more of total overall fat since spot reduction only exists in ads for diet pills and quick weight loss schemes that don't work.

Don't get hung up where you lose it. I know people freak out when the see it first in face, breasts, etc..., but if you look at your entire body instead of specific parts, you should start to notice small improvements all over. If you measure yourself in many places all over your body and compare that once a month, you'll have a record of it.

Your clothes don't just fit better around the waist when you lose weight. They fit better all over.
  • supermysza
    supermysza Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Belly, thighs and boobs, happy it left all of them :P
  • Plumbkinpie
    Plumbkinpie Posts: 18
    Options
    My boobs! Devastated :( Still, losing from everywhere else though as the measuring tape says so!
  • hpaschetag
    hpaschetag Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Mine seems to be from my back and thighs. I am so ready to see my belly start shrinking.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Were you upset from where the weight left? (As glad as I am it left my belly I was really hoping some would leave my chest and thighs, I know I know in due time! :))

Any input? I am only in week 2 of this and a month smoke free, so cardio is still a bit of a challenge, although me and my dog walk 1.5miles a day at 4mph so hopefully that counts for something

I lost from my thighs first, not upset at all :laugh: Cardio just gets easier and easier, I have been swimming for 4 months now started a a cruddy 8 laps and am now at 32. I just feel like I glide through the water now!! Keep up the good work.
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Another way to think of it which many people experience is you lose weight in reverse to your gain. The last places you gained weight are the first places you see it drop.

I agree with this, as my abdomen between boobs and waist was the first loss I saw but the last noticeable change in my gaining. I was thrilled to see it go first, as I was appalled when it got so big!
  • khassidy
    khassidy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    When I first started out It came right off of my butt and boobs! haha. Now that I've lost the majority of my weight, every time I lose a pound I see big differences in my tummy and face!
  • MrsJuli4B
    MrsJuli4B Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I lost it from the top down, starting with my face and neck. Now I can tell there is little more to be lost from my top half, but still a fair way to go from the tummy down.
    Gutted about my boobs though, but it's amazing what a good bra can do.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I've always been smaller in the upper body so I noticed it in my face, neck, arms, and the bust disappeared too....I've always had a very small waist but that got a little smaller....all my weight collects on hips and thighs (pear shape)....and it's sticking around....the abs took a while to go but they are getting better.....still not where I would like them to be but better....I'm sick of looking at my flabby thighs and love handles....sigh.....