Newbie here! Join my "happy" network?

Options
ajff
ajff Posts: 986 Member
I could use a support network! I joined MFP a few weeks ago and have been diligent about documenting every bite. I've been overweight all my life and always held deep shame about it. Last month I decided to try losing weight again for the 20,000th time. And something was different. Because last month something clicked! Every week I lost weight. I said no to second servings, brownies, and ice cream. I said yes to bike rides and walks.

It's funny how different I feel after losing only 15 pounds. I have been overweight all my life and NEVER had a month like April 2014. Now I feel an inner happiness I want to shout to the world, but I am still gun-shy about frank weight conversations with the people in my professional and social life. Anyone here want to join me in my happy place??? I am a 38 year old mother of 2, a high school science teacher, gardener (like my garden is bigger than my house - I buy into Michael Pollan's eating philosophy big time), artsy/creative old soul who strives to go from 288 to something well under 180!

Replies

• diggerjcb1966
    Options
    I'd love to join your 'happy network'! This is the most successful I have been at tackling weight loss, and it's so simple and straightforward! I am 48 years old, married, with two daughter's aged 12 and 16. I work in a primary school supporting children with Autism and special needs. Please feel free to send me a friend request. Well done on your weight loss so far. :smile: Joy x
  • janellyf
    janellyf Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love HAPPY! You can do this! Just sent a friend request!
  • tarafrosty
    tarafrosty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join your "happy" network too.
    I started at the end of March and so far so good.
    Remaining positive and trying my best to keep active.
    I too have always been overweight to the tune of far too many lbs to even talk about.
    I'm a 42 year old mum of one (7yr old) daughter, we live with my partner of 4yrs and two mad dogs, one elderly cat and two goldfish. I work as a bookkeeper for a window company and have recently discover Zumba.
  • sezziejm
    sezziejm Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Friend Request sent :)
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Me! I'll send you a friend request.
  • NickDoesFitness
    NickDoesFitness Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    ME Too!!! :D
  • hummingbrdhrt
    hummingbrdhrt Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Happy works for me! I'll send a friend request.
  • JenCHG
    JenCHG Posts: 74
    Options
    Feeel free to friend me, same here more support the marrier :smile:
  • tudazies
    tudazies Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Love your positivity and love happy would love to join also lol I have just come to realization a support system goes a long way. Anyone wanting more friends feel free to add! You can do this!
  • HollyB1223
    HollyB1223 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! I'd love to join the happy network! :)
  • jenna40_2go
    jenna40_2go Posts: 101
    Options
    I would lo to join the HAPPY circle! I am restarting (again) and this time I am making it stick! I am so excited with my initial weight loss this week and the measurements going down that I cant wait to workout to see what next Saturday is going to be like when I take weight and measurements again! Need some friends and support here because my willpower is great initially then I get sucked into to bad foods again. I work at a restaurant waitressing and out food is sooooooooo good! I have trouble saying no lol! Feel free to add me and anyone else here as well! I am logging daily and watching everything I eat!