Girl on Girl Hate

Vune
Vune Posts: 674 Member
Yesterday, as I was waiting at the bus stop, some girls yelled out of their car that I was a prostitute. I was wearing a pair of shorts, a band tee shirt, and a hoodie with a pair of creepers. It's had me thinking about what possesses girls to be such wenches to each other. Did they think Regina George was the protagonist in Mean Girls? Are we really still being conditioned to think that way?

I'm not too bothered by the statement. Obviously, they think i can make some money with zero effort. And I'm aware that i look rather unusual in our dumpy little city. Most people just stare. But I'd like to be able to wear shorts and dresses in the summertime without worrying if the next comment or stare will lead to an assault or worse.

Of course, you're all nice people who would never say or do such things, so i guess I'm venting. I've lost 13 lbs since February, and inches all over. Share your thoughts and/or friend me if you're inclined.

Replies

• WELL DONE on your weight loss! Sorry to hear people made a rude comment yesterday, good for you for having a positive attitude!
  • Beautiful_Pain
    Beautiful_Pain Posts: 102 Member
    They are just fugly jealous girls! If someone took their time to notice you well power to you!!

I love Mean Girls!! So fetch! :D
  • mikedenali
    mikedenali Posts: 181 Member
    I'm thinking it's more of a statement of their maturity level. As the father of a 14 year old girl I worry that she could be at either end of that scenario. Hopefully I've raised her well enough for her to know better than to yell rude comments to people. :glasses:
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Probably some deep rooted things that they don't like about themselves so they project it on to others... and like lemmings they follow their leader..
  • Beet_Girl
    Beet_Girl Posts: 102
    Honestly, I doubt very much they thought you were a prostitute and were more likely just being little $€@+ heads.

I second this. Don't read too much into it.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Ok...I am an Aussie so two questions...

is a band tee shirt like a bandeau? Boob tube top? Or a t-shirt with a band motif printed on it?

and what are creepers? are they like sneakers on your feet with laces etc?

Otherwise you must be looking fit and fine to get such a petty and childlike response from supposedly nearly grown women. NSV right there.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Yep girls can be petty little *****es. I would just shrug it off - you could probably have been anyone & they would have felt the need to shout something. They probably assumed they were hilarious.
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    I think it's more "immature people" hate instead of girl hate.

I've been "victim" to some ridiculous incidents - One includes three ADULT men (20-somethings) chucking full soda cups out of a speeding car and pegging me with them as I walked along the sidewalk, drenching me in soda. Oh fun!!

I hope when I have children, that I teach them better.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    It may not have been how you were dressed. How heavy was your makeup? Did it look like how you're wearing it in your profile pic? Some people equate heavy makeup to being slutty. (Not me, but some people.)
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Wait a sec here. We have an unanswered question. ARE you, in fact, a prostitute???
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    I think it's more "immature people" hate instead of girl hate.

I've been "victim" to some ridiculous incidents - One includes three ADULT men (20-somethings) chucking full soda cups out of a speeding car and pegging me with them as I walked along the sidewalk, drenching me in soda. Oh fun!!

I hope when I have children, that I teach them better.

Yep it's like morons who feel the need to swerve through puddles to hit pedestrians. There is always some idiot out there doing something.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    I wouldn't take it personally. It sounds like typical, teenage antics.
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    When I saw your title, ALL I thought was Mean Girls! Fantastic...

On the actual story though, brush it off. Seriously. I had a car full of them scream at me when I was on the back of a motorcycle that I was ugly. Thanks, I guess? My hair sure was after that ride, so, I appreciate their overwhelming concern!
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    You don't look like a prostitute at all. Then again when you're out on south beach, most of the prostitutes don't look like prostitutes at all either. Nothing worse than buying a girl drinks thinking you have a shot and then finding out she's actually "working".... You do kind of look like one of those suicide girls though, I don't mean that in a bad way.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I wouldn't worry about it. It's not personal. Some young people just like to shout at people. It's like making prank phone calls.

Also, I like your hair. You look good!
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    I'm amused you think sex work requires no effort.

Oh and the car people were douches etc.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 674 Member
    Wait a sec here. We have an unanswered question. ARE you, in fact, a prostitute???

Love it! I'm not, but I'll let you know if i decided to fulfill my calling!

I'm on my phone, so i can't multi quote, but here are some more responses:

I want wearing nearly as much makeup as my profile sulfur, and i had my back to them as they passed.

The band tee in question was Joy Division, so a regular shirt with a band image screened onto it. And creepers are like dressier sneakers.

I'm not taking it personally, or not trying to. I've certainly had my catty moments, too, and i hope they grow out out it. My mom never did, so i got a great lesson in how NOT to act.

I got cat called today in jeans, so maybe I'm just too much woman for this town. I make it a point to never go out at night unless my boyfriend is picking me up. The crime in my neighborhood is out of control. If that's what happens when school is letting out, i can only imagine what goes on after dark.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Honestly, I doubt very much they thought you were a prostitute and were more likely just being little $€@+ heads.

yup
  • strutdivastrut
    strutdivastrut Posts: 105 Member
    They are just jealous.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Eh. I once had spaghetti thrown at me while I was walking home in junior high. **** happens.