Self-scan checkout lanes

Options
wheird
wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
How on earth do people struggle so badly with these? i understand needing occasional cashier assistence, but some people manage to be completely mystified at these magic lanes each and every time. And yelling at the cashier because you think she is ignoring you by helping other people does not help things.

inb4MATAI

Replies

• Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    giphy_zpsfe8b6c96.gif
  • BrokenButBeautiful
    Options
    I get pissed off when my kids lean on the scale, otherwise they're the only thing I use. But I live in a tiny town full of... people that don't know how to use things like that so there's never any wait and I have my choice of all 6...
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    derp-ville-28.jpg?w=550&h=805
  • wheird
    Options
    Around my area they are always crowded and full of people that woke up feeling like they could do anything, but then couldn't.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Why do you hate people so much?

Good lord, you b*tch more than my imaginary wife
  • wheird
    Options
    Why do you hate people so much?

Good lord, you b*tch more than my imaginary wife

Heh, as I wrote the OP I was thinking "God damn I hate people."

And I'm not sure why. They just always seem to be doing something stupid.
  • b_e_l_l_a_a_a_a_a_a
    b_e_l_l_a_a_a_a_a_a Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This makes me slightly glad that my work, a supermarket, doesn't have one of these. We'd just end up going back and forth helping people that can't figure it out.
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Self checkout is evil. Eventually, the stores will be nothing but self checkout and all those jobs will disappear. Replaced by robots. Yay.
  • BrokenButBeautiful
    Options
    P.S. I still think you're cool.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    P.S. I still think you're cool.

Thanks!
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Lol:). I have never really been upset about this. Usually there is at least one person who knows what they are doing.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    The struggle is real...especially at Walmart...in Alabama. :noway:
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I loathe self scan chekout lanes. They're wicked annoying. I don't like how the bags HAVE to sit in the teeny tiny bag area otherwise the computer yells at me "PLACE YOUR ITEMS IN THE BAG!" a billion times because I moved one bag to my cart to make room for the others.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I read this thread right before going to the grocery store, and I could not stop giggling while I was in line. There is an insane amount of drama in the self-checkout lane!
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    The ones around here break every 4 customers it seems. I refuse to use them as they put people out of work.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I agree. These lanes had the potential to solve a number of mankind's greatest problems, but instead, they have created several new ones.

However, I will continue to set a good example every time I go to the grocery store to pick up a few items for lunch with the hope that others will pick up on it. I still have hope.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    giphy_zpsfe8b6c96.gif

mmmmmm RDJ..... YUM!!!! :love: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Around my area they are always crowded and full of people that woke up feeling like they could do anything, but then couldn't.

Let me guess, you were at Wal-Mart?
  • wildrose53
    wildrose53 Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I love them for a few items, but it drives me crazy when someone with a full cart uses them.
  • wheird
    Options

Let me guess, you were at Wal-Mart?

Point taken. :laugh: