Tall girl here! (short girls welcome too :) )

Options
Istekat
Istekat Posts: 13 Member
Hi everybody!

First time checking in on Myfitnesspall here!
I really love your community and I hope you guys accept me being a part of it :)

About myself:
Current weight: 209 lbs
Goal weight: 165 - 176 lbs.
Height: 6ft 2

I'm really struggling to get that first kick to start living the healthy life! You guys are very welcome to share some motivation/experciences to get me going!
Also: tall girls, please give me a holla! It's nice to share those tall-girl-weightloss-frustrations (aka.. not seeing any results till you lose 20 pounds.. :frown: )

Replies

• Istekat
    Options
    Oh, and I'm 24 :)
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    fellow tall girl here!
    I'm 6', 27, started at 189 and am down to 175. hoping to get down to 160 but I'm ok with maintaining where I am if I'm honest.
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    5'9 and 187 pounds here, aiming for 165-170 :flowerforyou: Welcome!
  • Istekat
    Options
    Awesome, you're doing a great job! Thanks!! Mind if I add you guys? :)
  • Bawstinn43
    Bawstinn43 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am 6'1 and I started at 190. I am currently fluctuating between 169 and 173. It took 20 pounds before I dropped a size, so yeah, hard to get motivated sometimes.

My first goal is 165. I'd like to see how I feel there, although I do need to tone up a bit, before deciding if I want to shoot for a goal of 160 or not.
  • Istekat
    Options
    Hello!

I am 6'1 and I started at 190. I am currently fluctuating between 169 and 173. It took 20 pounds before I dropped a size, so yeah, hard to get motivated sometimes.

My first goal is 165. I'd like to see how I feel there, although I do need to tone up a bit, before deciding if I want to shoot for a goal of 160 or not.

Your weight is ideal for your height! I would like to get to 160 as well, but that seems a long road to walk from where I am, right now :) I've been at 180 last year, but couldn't maintain :(
    What was your excercise routine to lose all that weight? And how do you keep on track?
  • LauraBest2013
    LauraBest2013 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently 66kg (145.5 lbs) down from 72kg (159 lbs).
    At my heaviest a couple years ago I was around 80kg (176lbs) and I have managed to lose, regain a bit and lose again!

My goal is now to shred the body fat and tone up, and I'm doing pretty well so far.

I log food and exercise daily with an open diary. Always happy to have active, motivational pals!
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    nice too see more tall girls, im 5 foot 10 :)
  • tudazies
    tudazies Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am 5'8 not as tall as most of you but am more then happy to be friends to any of you! :) Support and motivation is key to helping one another during this weight lose journey. Feel free to add me. I've been on here 80 days and have just realize its easier to do this with others.
  • Istekat
    Options
    Added! :) It's really nice to see people in the same "category" as me :)
    That's what I like about this community, we're all in the same boat. And I agree that support is very important!! That's how we help each other :)

Very curious to see your progress!
  • mssmssy
    mssmssy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    6'. I've been close to 275 (size 20) and as low as 212 (tight 16). Currently 246 ( size 18-20). It is very frustrating to know that I have to loose 40 pounds before I can wear a smaller size comfortably. I believe I should weight around 150-180 ilbs. My big goal is 200 lbs even. After that, we'll see if it is possible to hit around 175. I can't even begin to imagine that yet.
  • LaurenCheek
    LaurenCheek Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yay Tall Ladies!

I'm 5'10.5 and currently weigh about 178. I am down from a high weight of 280 four years ago. I wear a size 12. My goal is to get to 148-155 pounds. :)
  • hautemomma14
    hautemomma14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo Tall Beauties!!

I'm 5'10 and currently weigh 174/175. I am definitely at my ideal size when I am between 158 and 160, so definitely looking to lose at least 10lbs to start. So glad to see other women around my height! Will make it so much easier for us to relate to one another! :-)
  • eminemstan
    Options
    I'm 6' I'm so happy to see another tall girl! Please friend me
  • eminemstan
    Options
    BTW I'm 178 lbs and my goal is 150
  • jessacaitwar
    jessacaitwar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello tall beautiful ladies! I am between 5'8 and 5'9 (depending on who is measuring).
    I know I'm not as tall as most of you but sometimes I feel like a giant in the sea of my 5'2 friends.

Heaviest weight: 270.6
    Lowest weight (Jan 2014): 164.2
    Current weight: 181.2
    Goal weight: Between 145 and 135 depending on how I look and feel at that point.

I had lost 106 lbs but stopped keeping track and gave up this summer and I finally feel ready to lose the weight I gained back and the rest of it and finally hit my goal. I didn't really notice a difference in the way I looked for the first 25 lbs. That's when I started noticing. The real visible difference for me came at about a 40 lb loss.

Everyone feel free to add me! I could use the support and would be happy to support others as well!
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow glamazons! I'm 5'11", and looks like I have a bit more to lose than most of you, but that's ok :) Still would love to be friends! My CW is 280, immediate GW is 250, and ultimate GW will probably be around 200. I haven't been under 200lbs since like 6th grade, so that might not be realistic for me lol Anyway - feel free to add me!
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Man, and I though I was tall (5"10.5), you have me beat! Wouldn't trade it for the world though. I love being tall, I don't love being over weight. I'm currently 207, started at 215. I'd like to get down to at least 180, see how I feel at that weight and then re *kitten* my goals.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm 5'10ish; started at 320lbs, currently at 250lbs (+/- to account for the holiday eating I am indulging on almost daily lol), aiming for about 180 but I'd love to even hit 200, it's more about being healthy anyways :) Started at a size 22 US, currently wearing a 16 and would like to get to a 10. I believe I will get to a 10 before I hit 180 because I tend to carry my weight well . . . so not sure how I will look at 180 and I'm not a petite frame, either.

Warning: I cannot support those who eat under 1,200 calories or who are pro-ED in any way, I am all about eating regularly (and if you have dietary restrictions it's all good) and working out. I love heavy lifting, but am currently focusing on my cardio goals as cardio tends to help me drop efficiently and regularly. I will probably focus a lot more on lifting when I get closer to 200lbs. I am a big fan of being able to eat the things you want, in moderation :)

Feel free to add me - I love supportive friends and friends that I can support.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    mssmssy wrote: »
    6'. I've been close to 275 (size 20) and as low as 212 (tight 16). Currently 246 ( size 18-20). It is very frustrating to know that I have to loose 40 pounds before I can wear a smaller size comfortably. I believe I should weight around 150-180 ilbs. My big goal is 200 lbs even. After that, we'll see if it is possible to hit around 175. I can't even begin to imagine that yet.

I always find it so cool (to study) how different bodies can look at the same size/weight. For example, when I was 320lbs I wore a size 22 and I'm at 250 right now and wear a 16 usually, sometimes an 18 depending on fit. I think it's really neat to look at how different bodies carry weight and how our bodies disperse it - like some women have it all in the tummy, hips or butt and some women have an even distribution.

Just one of my quirks :)