Ab injury?

Options
So after doing Pilates the other day with ALOT of ab and core work my left lower abdominal was really sore, but not just "work out sore". It is still bothering me a lot and really hurts if I do any ab exercises. Not sure what I should be doing.... I guess resting but I hate to not work out!

Replies

• f1redshoes
    f1redshoes Posts: 79
    Options
    I had a slight tear to an ab at one point - killer! As much as I hated it, I had to stick to things that didn't hurt much, such as walking and... nope, just walking.

Take it from someone who's had a LOT of injuries - the ones you rest properly are the ones that get better. Give it time (and ice!) and don't push it, and it'll do better in the long run.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't worry about it just yet. you probably just over did it. rest up and see how you feel after a few days.
  • jjanay100
    jjanay100 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't worry about it just yet. you probably just over did it. rest up and see how you feel after a few days.
    It' s been 4-5 days.... But I keep trying to work it a bit.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    So it hasn't been long enough and you haven't been resting. Only one strike to go
  • jjanay100
    jjanay100 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    So it hasn't been long enough and you haven't been resting. Only one strike to go
    Haha...ok. Thanks. :)