New to Fitness Pal

jboysdontcryp
jboysdontcryp Posts: 6
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone,

I am thoroughly excited to be using this great resource since I am able to have an app on my phone and bring it with me wherever I go! Like many people, I have struggled with weight loss and food abuse my whole life. When I was young, my care takers were very over bearing and old fashioned and lived by the rule " you have to clean your plate" - and I was only five or six eating adult size portions. When I was twelve or so I joined my school's swim team and a local swim team and until I graduated high school I swam any where between two to four miles a day, six days a week. Even through this period of my life my weight stayed relatively stationary. A few months ago I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic and an insulin disorder and like many I have made it my goal to become healthier. However I am nervous because I have had little success in the past with losing weight, and I am in college so it is difficult to make time to eat properly. I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself , and I am interested in the advice everyone has to offer or their stories :)

Replies

This discussion has been closed.