End up on the weird side of Youtube...
  • Manic5781
    Manic5781 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Get caught up on the forums.
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Take a couple of herbal sleeping tablets and some magnesium and hope for the best! Depends what time I wake though. If it's after 3am then it's all over and I'll usually just get up.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    End up on the weird side of Youtube...

Amen.

I've had almost nightly nightmares and sleep problems for about a year now. Sometimes I shoot for eight hours and I end up getting around one. The other night my Basis Band told me I woke up 34 times. I've found it helps to get myself totally exhausted before bed. I usually go for a run or do some ring training - even 50 burpees before hitting the sheets helps.

The only thing that keeps me asleep at night is alcohol. And I try not to drink that much, so I'm usually tossing and turning from stressful dreams all the time.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    i have a lot of ganja and watch informercials
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Take a couple of herbal sleeping tablets...

I do something like this. :smokin:
  • SweetMegz04
    SweetMegz04 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Good ideas- I hate not being able to sleep and just being wide awake!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Oh and a good O helps me too. :bigsmile:
  • SweetMegz04
    Options
    True
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Find myself wandering into the dark rabbit hole of the intrawebz..

otherwise play guitar till I get sleepy..
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    For some help sleeping, invest in a blue light (weird at first, but you hit R.E.M. sooner. Also avoid Tylenol PM, and get Melatonin.
  • LetsGetReady2Run
    Options
    play music, read, watch a movie, and find people to message with :)
  • SweetMegz04
    Options
    All good things
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    take an aspirin - do not put any lights on!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Go read personals on craigslist and laugh my butt off at the crazies.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Get caught up on the forums.
    ^^ This ^^
  • Badger618
    Badger618 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I read or listen to Coast to Coast AM
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    sleepND.png
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    From a life long sufferer of Ensomnia, Sleep Apnea and Very Light Sleeper at best it sucks, thats' most nights for me maybe 3hrs of deep sleep on average. If you can't sleep there's no point fighting it, just do something that'll tire you out, the most common causes are a brain thats too active, electrical appliances around you, bright lights like your alarm clock display, too warm and room is too stuffy so you need to try and get in as dark a room as possible, turn down the electric blanket or open a window, de-stress, or think about nothing, Wether you do that by meditating, reading a book, playing easy listening music thats low volume having a cup of tea or warm milk (yeah i know caffeine aint a good idea but it does work) or don't bother trying at all just get up and go about your business.

If you are meant to be up within a few hours anyway there's no point trying to sleep, you'll feel worse then if you had just stayed up.

a home remedy is to spray some lavender or other such fragrance on your pillow or into the air, that never worked for me but it does work for my father who suffers the same as me several nights a week

Lastly i'll say the studies out there for years stating if you don't get 8hrs you are gonna get fat or killing yourself but thats only a half truth, some people are just hardwired to survive in more stressfull environments then others and in our case can survive on no more then 4hrs a day sleep, i rarely get too tired during the day once the initial 1hr fog clears up if it's been a completely sleepless night. If anything i feel worse on nights when i actually sleep for more then 4 hours straight