Not losing wieght anymore

Options
Over the past 3 weeks I was losing weight steadily (around 3 pounds a week ) but the last week I haven't lost anything and gained 2 pounds ?!?! I haven't been doing anything differently and now my weight is just staying the same . I eat around 1000 calories a day and excersize 6 times a week (3 days running and the other 3 doing workout videos for an hour ) help why am I not losing weight anymore :(

I'm 147 pounds and want to be 137
Thankyou xxxxxxxx

Replies

• heroeslegend
    heroeslegend Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You need to upset your body a little. Have a meal where you go nuts. Then resume the routine. :) It'll upset the equilibrium and you'll lose a little more.
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Over the past 3 weeks I was losing weight steadily (around 3 pounds a week ) but the last week I haven't lost anything and gained 2 pounds ?!?! I haven't been doing anything differently and now my weight is just staying the same . I eat around 1000 calories a day and excersize 6 times a week (3 days running and the other 3 doing workout videos for an hour ) help why am I not losing weight anymore :(

I'm 147 pounds and want to be 13
    Thankyou xxxxxxxx

:huh:

You lost three pounds a week for three weeks. Your start weight is not really high. You only eat 1000 cals a day and now you wonder why there is a stagnation? :noway:
  • Vigilance88
    Vigilance88 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You need to upset your body a little. Have a meal where you go nuts. Then resume the routine. :) It'll upset the equilibrium and you'll lose a little more.

Yeah... no.

OP you are undereating. You are trying to lose way too fast (3 pounds/week = bad). Eating only 1000 calories while excercising every day is bad. Set your MFP to 1 pound per week and eat back some if not most of your excercise calories.
  • Angela_clulow
    Angela_clulow Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more the minimum calories you should be eating is 1200. Your body thinks its being starved so its storing calories which is why you've stopped loosing weight x
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that's just nonsense. OP weighloss is not linear you will not lose every week. Also you really should be eating more probably with the exercise you do nearer 1800 calories a day. You will still lose weight. I suggest resetting your goals for a slower weightloss as you have little to lose and eat a lot of your exercise calories back. That way you will lose weight and keep muscle
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more the minimum calories you should be eating is 1200. Your body thinks its being starved so its storing calories which is why you've stopped loosing weight x
    Err no your body does not miraculously stop using calories. Your metabolism can slow but it takes time. You will always lose weight even if starving yourself
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Yes, weight loss is not linear. You can easily be holding to water weight (which will eventually give way) because exercise and caloric limitation stresses the body. Eat more, not because of some stupid idea that you magically hold on to all your fat if you don't eat enough but because A) it will help preserve muscle mass and B) eating more destresses the body and may help in releasing retained water.
  • Angela_clulow
    Angela_clulow Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Err no your body does not miraculously stop using calories. Your metabolism can slow but it takes time. You will always lose weight even if starving yourself
    didn't say that thou ur body will just use different resources to get the energy it needs.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    what "different resources"? What is the point of even having fat if it is just going to sit there like a dumbass while you're supposedly starving to death? Your body wont begin to burn muscle as its primary fuel source unless under extremely dire circumstances; the likes of which the majority of people on MFP will never experience.
  • Madison1Jones
    Options
    Hi Bryon, I too am stuck around there, 147 some days, but mostly 149-151, I can't seem to move the scale. I am shooting for anything in the 130's. Looks like your calorie intake is too low for starters. Mine probably is too now that I think about it, I have gotten to where I can feel satisfied eating very little. Also, today, I realized that I haven't been drinking as much water, and gave up core exercises even though I have increased my cardio and strength building. So back to incorporating Core. Sending you a friend request since we have similar goals. I would love to see how this goes for both of us.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Eat more.