Low calorie bread?

Options
yoltwag
yoltwag Posts: 114 Member
Needing some low cal breads available in Australia.

All seem to be around 100cal/slice. Bread I currently use is 80cal/slice but is quite small. So does anyone know of bread less than 80cal/slice?

Replies

• Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Love orowheat sandwhich thins 100 calories and that's for the entire sandwhich thin so two slices...
  • livedb
    livedb Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I use:

Nature's Own- 35%Less Sodium, 3x the Fiber - Bread - Honey Wheat 40 Calories Per Slice
    http://www.naturesownbread.com/products/ReducedCalorieBreads/40CalorieHoneyWheatBread/

Not sure if that's available over there.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Do you get peppridge farm? They have a low calorie that's 45 per slice
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    http://www.choice.com.au/reviews-and-tests/food-and-health/food-and-drink/groceries/multigrain-bread-review-and-compare/page/taste test.aspx

Not sure if that will help because I don't understand the KJ energy conversion to Calories but the 2nd one on the list maybe?
  • katrishamaile
    katrishamaile Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Nature's Own - 100% Whole Grain Wheat Bread Sugar Free is only 50 calories per slice and is a full-size slice. But I'm unsure if this brand is available where you are.
  • slk_5555
    slk_5555 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I tried so many low cal breads over the years, but find most are tasteless & offer very little substance or beneficial nutrition.

Now I buy a normal cal tasty mixed seed loaf. One slice is far more filling, nutritious and most importantly tastes great.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I tried so many low cal breads over the years, but find most are tasteless & offer very little substance or beneficial nutrition.

Now I buy a normal cal tasty mixed seed loaf. One slice is far more filling, nutritious and most importantly tastes great.

I fail to see how a slice of Nature's Own honey wheat (40 cal) is less filling.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Light rye is 70 per slice and super satisfying.
  • ann121212
    ann121212 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Aldi (Australia) has a 9 grain bread that is 87 calories per slice. Not terribly low but it is a good size, filling and tastes good. Plus being grain bread it is considered healthier than a basic white loaf.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Aldi (Australia) has a 9 grain bread that is 87 calories per slice. Not terribly low but it is a good size, filling and tastes good. Plus being grain bread it is considered healthier than a basic white loaf.

Lies! Nothing from Aldi's taste good! D:

On topic: Nature's own has great breads in a 40 to 80 cal range.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Bread is a starchy food, and starch is carbohydrate, and carbohydrate is calories. It's food. We need calories to live. That's why we invented bread. Choose something else than bread if you want low calorie food. Or just eat less of it.
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Can't help you as I'm certain it's not available in Aus, but for those in the US Dave's Killer Bread is good and they have a couple of low-cal offering, those are made low cal by being smaller, but they are sufficient for sandwich use and taste pretty good.
  • lyoill
    lyoill Posts: 59
    Options
    what about Atlantic special rye? it's the best I have found so far and it's available in Australia . it's the one with the red and clear packaging and is shaped like a cob. it's yummy!