100 PushUp Challenge Week 4

Options
Okay friends...I am WAY behind. And I've decided that instead of trying to catch up, I'm starting on week 4 tomorrow. Because...I may have missed some pushup days, but I have been continuing with my strength training which includes a lot of push ups in it. SO...tomorrow I will post with how I do. Hope everyone else is doing well!!!:flowerforyou:

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Okay friends...I am WAY behind. And I've decided that instead of trying to catch up, I'm starting on week 4 tomorrow. Because...I may have missed some pushup days, but I have been continuing with my strength training which includes a lot of push ups in it. SO...tomorrow I will post with how I do. Hope everyone else is doing well!!!:flowerforyou:

GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hello Pups...thanks to Kristen for being so on top of creating the new weekly threads.
    (You are wonderful and I appreciate you.) :wink: Kristen..like you said in your post...you are doing PUPs in your workout so doing week 4 will probably be fine for you. :wink:

Today for me is Week 4 - Day 1 of our six week 100 pushup challenge.

Let's just say... I am hanging in there because I know this is working! :love:

Level 1 - Modified on knees

Set 1: 16
    2: 13
    3: 13
    4: 11
    5: minimum was 16...I barely squeaked out the last one! :tongue:

Fat Dancer I am very impressed with your REGULAR style PU's...hope to be able to do some of those myself in ...about a month from now. :happy: :Your arms are gonna look amazing when you dance!!

Male Pups...you are making steady progress and not letting up...WOW!

Pups...only 21 more until 100 ...my arms are getting buff. See any difference in yours?

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

~Mi
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hi Pups....I have yet to do mine today...just had to bump this post to my topics so I could find it easy!
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    I know you guys are all ahead of me - I just started week 2 - but I'm already noticing a huge difference in my arms!!! Whoo hoo!!!
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    today was the last day of week 3 for me due to a do over, onto week 4 on wednesday

week 3 - day 3

and it hurts, i feel like i was about to tear something in my side just below my shoulder. glad of a rest day tomorrow, think i wil go the gym (for the first time in 2 weeks due to holidays).
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 again:

1-1
    2-2
    3-2
    4-2
    5-2

So I am getting there slowly but surely...I'm still doing full form from plank position pushups...something I haven't thought of or tried to do in years if it wasn't for you PUPs...thanks all...everyone is making great progress!
  • michaelhe
    michaelhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Lavender,

What do you mean "21 more until 100"? We're shooting for 100 consecutive push ups straight through without a break in between! I don't see how anybody can get there in just six weeks, even following this program ... but at least they address that issue and acknowledge that some will need to re-do a week until they can blow through it.

That being said, I do definitely feel a difference in my arms and my shoulders. I had been experiencing some shoulder pain lately which seems to be diminishing somewhat. Also, I notice that I have not really had a killer headache since I started the program. So I'm definitely seeing (and feeling) good results!!

Keep up the good work everyone. I'll post my numbers for week 2 day 1 later.
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    Hello Pups :happy:

Wow Michael you are tough coach...100 consecutive PUps,,,no rest at all...in 6 wks?!! :noway: :laugh:

You are on!!! :wink: Ya gotta believe in me cause,,,I need support!!! :huh: :tongue:

Remember...I am doing mine modified for the time being on my knees which is much easier
    than the regular plank style you are doing.

I WILL master modified and then move on to regular...I've got to conquer this and want it bad!!

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hello PUPs! Today I did Week 2 - Day 1 - middle column (modified on my knees):

How could anyone ever do 100 consecutive?!?!?!? Well I am sure some of you will make it. I will keep on keeping on, and be super stoked with ever goal that I hit.

Here's a question for you all: do you find that one of your arms hurts more than the other one? I don't see how I could be doing them lopsided, but my right tricep seems more sore right now. Weird! :huh:
  • bellmom627
    Options
    In answer to a couple people's questions:

Doing the 100 consecutively IS possible since every time you are doing the work outs you are doing sets. Before the week you do the hundred you are doing a hundred, just not consecutively. Two sets of 30 is 60 push-ups people! That's intense!

As for the lopsidedness, it's probably that that arm was not as strong as the other to begin with. Most people have one arm that is stronger than the other and forcing it to work just as hard as the other one will make it more sore. Keep working the push-ups and try a sport like swimming that requires the equal use of both arms.
  • bellmom627
    Options
    Hello PUPs! Today I did Week 2 - Day 1 - middle column (modified on my knees):

How could anyone ever do 100 consecutive?!?!?!? Well I am sure some of you will make it. I will keep on keeping on, and be super stoked with ever goal that I hit.

Here's a question for you all: do you find that one of your arms hurts more than the other one? I don't see how I could be doing them lopsided, but my right tricep seems more sore right now. Weird! :huh:

PS - You just did 42 push-ups and it's only week 2!!! Think about it!!!! You can reach the goal!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Okay...just completed week 4 day 1 doing modified pushups. I started in the middle level, but since I'm behind (as I explained earlier in this thread) I bumped down to the lower level. So...

I'll check back Thursday with week 4 day 2!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!
  • michaelhe
    michaelhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Alright I completed Day 1 of Week 2 last night:

target - actual
    12 - 12
    12 - 12
    9 - 9
    7 - 7
    12 - 23
  • bellmom627
    Options
    Just completed Day 2 of Week 2 this morning.

It's getting tough!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    I am doing week 2 again, because I wasn't ready to do week 3 full push ups. Did Day one yesterday. Probably kind of easy for me. It was level one. Maybe I should do level two this week instead, and go back to level one week 3 on Monday. I know I need to finish this up soon because my stomach will be getting heavier and bigger in about 6 or so weeks! Can't tell I'm excited about having a baby can you? :tongue: I'll try to check in again tomorrow!
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    Yeah baby!! :tongue: Yea this is working!!! :happy: :tongue: :happy: :tongue:

Today is Week 4 (Day 2) of the 6 wk. 100 pushup challenge: www.hundredpushups.com

Count em....71 (with 90 sec rest btwn sets...but still 71 modified on my knees)

Set 1: 16
    2: 14
    3: 14
    4: 12
    5: (The min was 15...I did just 15.)

Reaction: I am overcoming the mental hurdle of putting limitations on myself.

Everything is possible IF you want it bad enough!!

(Gees I am starting to sound like those flaky motivational people. Note to self...keep enthusiasim in check!!) :laugh: :tongue:

I am watching the progress of all PUPS and the guys are just blowing this thing out of the water.
    I cannot imagine my satisfaction when I can do the plank style at your level!! Go get em men!!

Ladies...we are doing what we need to do to progress sure and steady...it is a learning process but we will get there!! I :heart: you guys sooo much because you believe in the possibilities of better health and strength. Those arms are sure looking pretty gals aren't they!!! :heart: :wink:

We will continue and finish strong....kinda like our own mini-olympic team! :laugh:

Power to the Pups :bigsmile:

Namaste :flowerforyou:

~Mi
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    OK PUPs! This was a tough one for me, because I ended up doing my pushups after my evening aerobics class. The instructor usually does ab work at the end, but this time it was weights and upper body - so my arms were already tired. But I did it!

Week 2 - Day 2 - middle column (modified on knees)

I love your attitude, Mi - you are doing great! :drinker:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    2x50=100 in morning 5days a week m-f weekends off for :drinker:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I did week 2 Day 2 level 2 today. 40 full push ups! Never believed I could do that! My arms are sore! But it's a rewarding sore! See you all on Saturday...I hope!
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Mornin' Pups!...I got sidetracked with Daughterinlaw and Granddaughter...we've been at the beach jumping waves...anyway, back on track this morning:

1 - 2
    2 - 2
    3 - 2
    4 - 2
    5 - 4

I'm still doing the full form from plank position pushups and am finally strong enough to carry on and fully complete the program...I will be able to accomplish a full week 1 at my level next week and finally be able to carry on to week 2 the following week...It took me a couple of weeks to gain the strenght to do correct form plank pushups but here we are...getting stronger!