Girl on Girl Hate

Options
13»

Replies

• Beet_Girl
    Beet_Girl Posts: 102
    Options
    Got told last night "You look like a wh*re" by some drunk chicks so you're not alone here sister! In a modest dress and flats, but hey, I was standing on a street corner when they drove by ;)

Also, I want creepers.
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    What are creepers?:huh:

I was at the beach several years ago, rocking a tiny bikini and this group of young girls -- they were probably not even 15 -- were pointing at me and giggling and one of them says to me "OMG! Cover UP!" to which I replied "Honey, you only WISH you could look this good in a bikini when you're my age."

And yeah, I felt soooooooo awesome for smacking down a barely 15 year old. :laugh:

In all honesty though I couldn't care less what people say or think about me. The only opinion that matters is my own and my husbands. Everyone else can go pound sand.
  • Texsox
    Texsox Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I teach 8th grade. Girls are way more viscous than boys at that age.

Guys have a beef with each other, maybe a little pushing, maybe a punch gets thrown, over by the next day they are back to being buds. .

Girls have a beef with each other, it's psychological warfare for months. Friends choose sides. Comments start to fly about hair, makeup, boyfriends, any weakness gets poked at and exposed. Ugh.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    sounds like they were bored & felt like being a bunch of gross meanie heads
  • amethyst70
    amethyst70 Posts: 68
    Options
    I teach 8th grade. Girls are way more viscous than boys at that age.

Guys have a beef with each other, maybe a little pushing, maybe a punch gets thrown, over by the next day they are back to being buds. .

Girls have a beef with each other, it's psychological warfare for months. Friends choose sides. Comments start to fly about hair, makeup, boyfriends, any weakness gets poked at and exposed. Ugh.

^This!
    I have elementary kids. My preschool daughter came home and asked me if she was a lesbian because the other little girls said she was. So, at the tender age of 4 my daughter and I sat down and discussed what a lesbian was. After our discussion, she decided, that YES, she may very well be a lesbian because she DOES is fact like girls more than boys! LOL. Thankfully she accepted the name calling as a compliment and when it no longer bothered here, the mean lil girls stopped. LOL.

I am not saying by any means accept the label. Just know that yes GIRLS ARE VICIOUS and it is totally their problem and a complete reflection of who they are and not you. Let them own it. I wouldn't give it another thought :)
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking it's more of a statement of their maturity level. As the father of a 14 year old girl I worry that she could be at either end of that scenario. Hopefully I've raised her well enough for her to know better than to yell rude comments to people. :glasses:
    ahh,,what a great dad you are!!!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    ** double post, deleted **
  • ChristineRoze
    ChristineRoze Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I actually feel that girl on girl hate only gets worse the older i get, high school was nothing compared to how judgmental people can be in life. I have this one girl who is dating my boyfriends friend and she is probably the meanest person i have met.

She manipulates everyone into feeling sorry for her and she sucks up to them, and then says mean things behind their backs (i was her friend at one stage and eventually became someone she hates) i had a lot of trouble making friends with anyone who was associated with her because she would tell them things about me that weren't true. And this is 20+ older people so it's just stupid.

I decided to remove her and anyone else that made me feel bad about myself from my life and if i ever have to be in the same room i just smile and be as friendly as i can, and let her be the one who feels the negativity.

I still have a hard time finding genuine friends.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, as I was waiting at the bus stop, some girls yelled out of their car that I was a prostitute. I was wearing a pair of shorts, a band tee shirt, and a hoodie with a pair of creepers. It's had me thinking about what possesses girls to be such wenches to each other. Did they think Regina George was the protagonist in Mean Girls? Are we really still being conditioned to think that way?

I'm not too bothered by the statement. Obviously, they think i can make some money with zero effort. And I'm aware that i look rather unusual in our dumpy little city. Most people just stare. But I'd like to be able to wear shorts and dresses in the summertime without worrying if the next comment or stare will lead to an assault or worse.

Of course, you're all nice people who would never say or do such things, so i guess I'm venting. I've lost 13 lbs since February, and inches all over. Share your thoughts and/or friend me if you're inclined.

Little snots. So awful. I would say it's not really about you. It's a gang mentality where they are picking on a stranger so they can show off to each other.

Edited to add be sure you keep a cell phone on you. Pull it out where they can see it and take a photo of their plates. It's rare, but once in a while a pack of kids in a car can hurt you or throw something at you. This is a terrible story to relate, but in my quiet town a carful of kids threw gasoline on a man walking at night and set him on fire. Crazy people are out there.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    http://youtu.be/auhZ23yGcno

:o)

I wouldn't worry about them. I saw some girl dressing similar standing at a bus stop today and I thought how cool she looked. I didn't think she was a prostitute.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't think Girl on Girl hate is really that prevalent. Especially as you get older.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Mean girls are just mean. They do this because their lives suck and the only way they can make themselves feel better is by putting down those who are different than they are. I get stares quite often myself and have even had things yelled at me by drive-by losers. The best thing to do is to ignore it and pity those who do it.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    There are some people in the world who think a Joy Division t-shirt is extremely awesome (me).

Me too. But maybe the poor girls were confused and thought it was the name of the local red light district? :laugh:

Hahaha! Good catch!

Definitely! I can't believe i missed that!