MEN: good gift ideas

Options
_Lovely77_
_Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
Need some gift ideas for the husband's upcoming birthday. So, advice on what to get? Or, what was the best gift you ever received?

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Hunting gear!!
    Oh wait, I'm not a man >.>
  • missmadelinex0
    missmadelinex0 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Also not a man, but in the past I've given my boyfriend tickets to sports games and concerts and he's always liked those gifts!
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    A threesome
  • _Lovely77_
    Options
    A threesome

^ haha ummm NO.... I don't share, everyone can look and I don't mind them admiring my husband but they can't touch. Flirting, ok.... touching, back OFF! lol
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hunting gear!!
    Oh wait, I'm not a man >.>

Liar!

On topic: You gotta list his hobbies.

Does he play video games? PS4 ftw?

Work out? Weights, gym clothes, new towel, back massager, and a real massage.

Drink? A good high end whiskey.

Handyman? Some new tools, or lowes/home depot gift card.

Like movies? New bluray player with streaming and wifi, New movies, fye gift card.
  • blakebailey87
    Options
    My wife got me concert tickets one year and it was awesome.

jinx.com has some awesome gifts for guys, if he's nerdy about anything at all lol.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    A nice steak and a blow job.

/thread
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I buy my own happiness, goddammit! That said, a new 60 inch led TV was an awesome gift.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

/thread

For some people that's like Monday, Wednesday and Friday ..
  • Sinisterly
    Options

/thread

'xactly.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    All men are different. I wouldn't know what to do with hunting gear. A gift card to Best Buy would make my day.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

/thread

What's your point? Find me a guy who would say no to a nice steak and a blow job.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    All men are different. I wouldn't know what to do with hunting gear. A gift card to Best Buy would make my day.
    Hang it on the wall, write a bucket list, add! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JessieSky
    JessieSky Posts: 79
    Options

/thread

Truth.
  • JessieSky
    JessieSky Posts: 79
    Options
    As far as gifts, I've always had luck with things you can do together- concerts, games, etc. depending on his interests.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    As far as gifts, I've always had luck with things you can do together- concerts, games, etc. depending on his interests.

Operative point being his interests. Don't get yourself tickets to "Cats" or some other show that you want to see under the guise of a gift. That's so tacky!
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I got my husband a pitcher and pint glass set with his favorite baseball team on it. I also get him good Scotch. I don't do the travel arrangements because he has the hotel status, but he would also love a mini trip to see a sports game, go to an ammusement park, or go to a comedy show. He especially likes to stay walking distance from a fun place to drink so he doesn't have to worry about driving. If you want to get him something you know he'd love (like a new barbecue grill, or a new project car/parts for an existing project, bike, surfboard. ) make up a personalized gift card (with cash atrached) that says the money is only to be spent on that. That way he can get what he wants, but it is still a gift.
  • _Lovely77_
    Options

/thread

What's your point? Find me a guy who would say no to a nice steak and a blow job.

The point? Find a guy who would rather skip that on his birthday and trade it to have it as an all year round thing. You will find tons. Too many couples end up doing those things as a special occasion and yeah I like my gifts to have a little more thought and meaning.
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    I have always liked the gift of long weekends away... In the past girlfriends have taken me to Atlantic City, Pocono Palace in the Poconos, NYC, Baltimore Inner Harbor... Its a better gift when you dont tell them where your going and just get them in the car and drive... :)
  • _Lovely77_
    Options

Operative point being his interests. Don't get yourself tickets to "Cats" or some other show that you want to see under the guise of a gift. That's so tacky!

I asked for the best gifts you ever gotten not the worst hahaha and NO, if I get him tickets to an event or a concert the second ticket will not be for me but for a buddy of his choosing. We can have dinner together for his birthday and plan an awesome fun camping trip for the family but I also understand that sometimes I don't need to be involved or included in his gift period. Just that I provided him the time away from the family, either to himself or with his buds.