Am I doing enough?

Options
I have recently changed my exercise routine and I am wondering if what I am doing is enough. I am already slim, I'm 171cm and 52kgs so I don't exercise to lose weight I do it to be healthy and to maintain my current weight. I used to do 3-4 intense cardio/weight work outs each week but I found my body got to a point and didn't get any better from there and also I became so bored with it and really hated it and also found that I couldn't commit to it with full time work (lazy I know.)

So recently I changed my routine, I now do platies once a week, yoga once a week and an intense weight work out once a week. Every second week I also do a spin class as well as the above. What I am wondering is, is this enough? I eat very well, my only indulgence is alcohol on the weekends (more than I should) I absolutely love the routine I have now, yoga and Pilates have already been so beneficial to posture and so on and I can see my arms becoming more toned and it's even been great for mental wellness. I just wanted to know if people think this is enough for someone of my size who just wants to stay this size, get a little more toned and be healthy?

Thanks!
Tegan

Replies

• nicoleisback
    nicoleisback Posts: 184
    Options
    I think it depends on what incidental exercise you get in addition to this. Do you work at a desk job and drive everywhere, or are you active day to day and walk/ride locally?
    I personally think any exercise you do is great, but as for maintaining your size and toning I would suggest adding in more weight bearing exercises.
  • tegandunne
    tegandunne Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the reply :) I have a desk job so 8:30-5:30 I'm at my desk but I walk to and from the station from home and to work but that's probably only 15 minutes of walking a day. Would you suggest adding in one more day of weights? I don't do any cardio because I hate it (besides the spin class once a fortnight) but my weight work out really gets my heart rate up and a sweat a lot. I guess I am just trying to find a routine that I'll stick to because when I make one that is too much or too boring I stop doing it and end up doing nothing!
  • ronitperman
    ronitperman Posts: 25
    Options
    It is necessary to maintain your regular exercise routine if you are not able to maintain daily routine it will not show you the perfect results which you expect. Regular exercise and a proper diet always very helpful for a fit and healthy body.