From Corn Dogs and Burrito's to yogurt

Options
So by about this time each day (10:30am) I would have normally had a Sugar Free Rock Star and one 20 oz diet Dr. Pepper. On top of that would be a corn dog, burrito and egg roll of the local snack truck. Sometimes it would be chicken strips and jojos to go with a corn dog.

When I was feeling really good I would have stopped by Mc D's for the number 2 bacon egg and cheese biscuit plus a sausage biscuit plus a breakfast burrito plus another breakfast burrito :) Then a snack of the truck again at 10:00. Yeah how many calories is that!!!!

Today I have had a 50 calorie portion of low fat cottage cheese and a Boston Cream yogurt. Oh and an Diet orange crush :) total calories by 10 am 185 and I'm not starving!

I've always been a closet eater. Couple extra cheeseburgars scarfed down before I got home with dinner for other people. Then I would eat the big burger and fries with everyone else. I just hope I can stay the path and truly find a healthier me.

Replies

• ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You can do this........
    I truely think the key is to eat the right things (hopefully which you like) and don't ever let yourself get too hungry. That's when I have my issues is when i wait too long to eat. If I eat 3 nice healthy meals and 2 snacks (like yogurt or 1/4 C nuts) a day I usually don't get too hungry and won't shovel stuff in blindly!
    Good luck and just remember, the more you plan out what you will eat, the better you will do in my opinion!
  • gryoung
    Options
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You can do it!

From my experience, stick to this healthy diet every day for a few weeks and if you try to go back to that old menu, you will feel like CRAP! I still have a day here and there of fast food and I'm ok, but if I eat too much, too often there then my stomach just feels icky...

Good luck and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
  • thomasmarnold
    Options
    Good job on your start. If I can do it you can do it. I could wolf down a box of little debbie cakes in one sitting and then drink half a gallon of milk to wash it down, then go out and eat two big macs and a large sweet ice tea. Now I am consistant with holding to a 2000 calorie a day diet. I was on a 1850 calorie a day diet until I started doing weight lifting and my trainer bumped me up 150 calories to make up for the extra exertion I am putting out. What ever you do, you need to get on an exercise program. you can't lose the weight by dieting alone, it has to be a total lifestyle change. Diet AND exercise. I have lost 41 lbs and have about 12 to go, but I am adding more muscle every day so I am finding it difficult to lose that last 12. but it is OK cause I am losing the fat. Good luck and keep up the good work. If you need motivation, look me up.

Tom
  • puddles76
    puddles76 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have to say I really like the kind words that come with a post. Its really motivating and today I ditched the second slice of cheese on my sandwich to save 90 calories. Thanks a bunch!
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Wow you are doing great! Keep up the good work!
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have to say I really like the kind words that come with a post. Its really motivating and today I ditched the second slice of cheese on my sandwich to save 90 calories. Thanks a bunch!

Great job! :)