If I eat this for the next 3 weeks.....

Options
breakfast - 2 boiled eggs
lunch - making my own salad (lettuce, tomoto, celery, cucumber, pepper in a smallish lunchbox) with a drained can of tuna in spring water
dinner - 1 steamed chicken breast and 3/4 florists of broccoli, bisto chicken gravy.
squash and diet pop.

might add a 40 min jillian michaels dvd in every morning as well.

not ideal I know but looking for a short-term fix to fit into a dress in 3 weeks time!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    well let's see...2 eggs 140 calories, salad with tuna maybe 250 calories, supper might have 500 calories...so in total max of 1k calories and I am being generous...

if you eat this for the next 3 weeks don't even attempt 40mins of JM workouts...just sit on the sofa...as you wont have the energy to do much else...

you will want to sleep a lot, lose muscle, hair and nails will be weak, dizzy...

Get your dress altered or buy a new dress.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    What is the question?

If you eat this for the next 3 weeks, what ?

It doesn't seem enough food to me and eating exactly the same thing for 3 weeks straight would get very monotonous.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    how can we know for sure when we have no idea how many calories that is, you just listed a bunch of food
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    If I tried to eat this for the next 3 weeks.... I would be so bored/fed-up/miserable, I'm not sure I'd last longer than 4 days.
    I actually can't think of anything I'd want to eat for 21 days solid. I'd get fed up of even pizza or steak and chips.
    After all variety is the spice of life.
    (Not to mention nutritional content and calorie requirements).
  • jackdaniels1234123
    jackdaniels1234123 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    What is the question?

If you eat this for the next 3 weeks, what ?

It doesn't seem enough food to me and eating exactly the same thing for 3 weeks straight would get very monotonous.

would I lose weight?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    Well, yes, I guess you would - if it is only around 1000 calories a day (according to Stef's calculations) minus exercise calories.

But......Would it be healthy? Would you feel good? Would you keep the weight off? Would you realistically even be able to keep this up for 3 weeks? What happens after the 3 weeks?
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Short term fix maybe but if the dress doesn't fit now, within three weeks it probably still wont fit very well. Buy a new dress and slim down slowly so you end up looking good, not skinny fat.
  • vtotheicky
    vtotheicky Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    There's no point eating so little if it's going to make you miserable. Why not just eat good healthy meals that you enjoy? These types of crash diets don't work in the long term and once you stop them you might balloon and gain lots of weight.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Even if you DO lose the weight, there's no guarantee your dress will fit, or that you'll even look good in it.

It took me close to 25 lbs and a heck of alot longer than 3 weeks before I dropped a jeans size.

IMO, your plan is flawed and you're setting yourself up for failure.

Lose weight at a HEALTHY and steady rate with no time constrictions, and in the meantime, find a new dress or have the current one altered.
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    your health is more important than any dress

eating that everyday will probably: make you week, sick, unhealthy, lethargic, you may well also get the runns from a lack of fibre, and scurvy from a lack of fruit and you might get too much mercury from the tuna
    you will quickly get bored and likely binge on cheat foods or hugely underestimating your portions
    and you will come back in three weeks saying: "I haven't lost any weight or "I feel terrible" or "calorie counting doesn't work"

instead - got find a different dress for your event
    and think about whther you want to start a healthy long term weight loss journey, if you do come back and we'll all help you set up a proper and healthy and sustainable set of goals and targets
  • Fit_Chef_NE
    Fit_Chef_NE Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just so you know, this attitude of "I want to lose the weight fast or why bother" is what is making you gain weight. It isn't about instant gratification and you can't procrastinate with losing weight and then expect to make it up at the last minute. Bodies don't work that way. Sure, you might lose weight but you won't be getting the nutrition your body needs. It isn't about short term diets, it's about lifelong change. If you aren't willing to adopt a diet you can maintain for the rest of your life, don't even bother. You will put the weight back on in two weeks and since what you've lost is muscle, you'll just be replacing your muscle with fat.

Go ahead if you want to. People like this always ignore good advice then blame everything but themselves when it works out exactly the way they were told it would. This sounds like a case of poor planning and hoping that somehow the weight would go away on it's own.
  • earlybrd7
    earlybrd7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Your meals sound good, but I think you need to throw in some snacks and then you'll be golden!
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Honestly OP...you came to the wrong place to find support for a "get skinny quick" diet.

Those of us that have been here for any length of time are here because we have finally made the commitment to do this in a healthy manner. We are not looking for instant gratification nor will you find people that will advise how to do this in the manner that you are looking for.

I am sure however that there will be someone that will come along...tell you to eat 500 calories a day...workout for six hours...do a water fast...and cheer you on.

THOSE PEOPLE WOULD BE WRONG...

I hope that you will listen to those that are being truthful when they say....THIS WON'T WORK...IT IS NOT HEALTHY.
  • Annie_01
    Options
    Your meals sound good, but I think you need to throw in some snacks and then you'll be golden!

Her meals sound good...21 days straight???

If you will research canned tuna...while it certainly contains good nutrition it is also recommended not to consume more than about 2-3 cans a week because of the mercury.

I love tuna...it is a staple in my pantry...I use it often...but logic should tell you that you shouldn't eat a can of it 21 days in a row.

So she won't be golden...she will be burned out eating such a limited menu...contain enough mercury to set off alarms...and chances are...she will fail with these meals...if she even has the strength to open the can after two weeks.
  • jackdaniels1234123
    jackdaniels1234123 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

If you will research canned tuna...while it certainly contains good nutrition it is also recommended not to consume more than about 2-3 cans a week because of the mercury.

I love tuna...it is a staple in my pantry...I use it often...but logic should tell you that you shouldn't eat a can of it 21 days in a row.

So she won't be golden...she will be burned out eating such a limited menu...contain enough mercury to set off alarms...and chances are...she will fail with these meals...if she even has the strength to open the can after two weeks.

maybe add in cottage cheese so not just tuna all the time!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Why not do some JM videos for 3 weeks? You'll lose more, inch-wise, than being hangry all the time.

Personally, I've tried the JM 30 Day Shred and hated it, but from what I see here, people get a good result.
    Next time, buy the dress in your size or start long before 3 weeks to go.
  • Annie_01
    Options

maybe add in cottage cheese so not just tuna all the time!

In all honesty OP...I think 1200 calories is too low for you...but it won't kill you for the next three weeks.

There is a wide variety of foods that you can fit in that 1200 calories...even cottage cheese...:cry:

When I am low on protein Dannon makes a Greek yogurt that has 12g and only 80 calories.

Fish is high in protein and healthy fats but low in calories.

Don't get me wrong about the tuna...I use it but don't think that I could eat it for 21 days straight.

Watch your sodium...eat a variety...EAT ENOUGH...or you won't last.

You still probably won't lose that 44lbs...almost guaranteed you won't...maybe more like 10lbs and that would be a great weight loss in 3 weeks. Sadly...5-8 lbs of that will be water weight.

Good luck...try to be sensible...I know that it would be nice if quick fixes worked...BUT THEY DON'T!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    OMG, I would be so bored if I had to eat that for 21 days.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    You will suffer horribly, lose a decent amount of weight and then put it straight back on when you return to your normal lifestyle. You are just setting yourself up for Yo Yo Dieting.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    You will suffer horribly, lose a decent amount of weight and then put it straight back on when you return to your normal lifestyle. You are just setting yourself up for Yo Yo Dieting.

^^This.

Get some fruit and veggies into you, drink a ton of water, don't worry about calories and go for a walk every day. Then go buy a new dress (or go to a thrift store if you don't want to spend money). Your skin will GLOW and no one will care what size you are or what dress you're wearing.