Corsets Anyone????

Options
Hello Everyone:

Just curious if anyone has tried or done Waist Training with corsets and what have been the results you have had? Good, Bad and the Ugly. Then what happens if you stop, does your shape go back to what it was before?

Looking forward to the responses... :happy:

Replies

• Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Short answer: That doesn't work at all.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I've worn corsets a couple of times -- the real steel-boned ones with laces that go from the middle to the top and the bottom -- and my take on it is: even if they worked for waist training I would never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever wear them regularly.

They friggin' HURT. You know your floating ribs? The ribs on the bottom of your ribcage that are attached to your spine in back but not to the sternum in front? If you lace your corset tlightly enough, the corset squashes your floating ribs in closer to your lungs.

"So don't lace your corset so tightly." Well, corsets are meant to cause a certain shape. You have to lace them tightly for them to do their job. You know those old drawings of ladies' maids bracing one foot on their employer's butt to get leverage, and leaning back to pull on the corset strings? Those aren't jokes. Correctly-laced corsets keep you from doing anything that requires oxygen.

TL;DR. Don't, for the love of God. Don't. If you want to put on a corset to look sexy, have fun and keep it loosely laced enough that you can take it off yourself. If you want to waist-train, please ... just don't.
  • erikasmith2013
    Options
    Thanks for the responses Ladies. No I am not trying to do this modification however I was curious since I have been seeing it all over, so i wanted to know what it was about. :)
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I wear them for kicks sometimes, but they don't actually work to train your waist.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Pics or it didn't happen.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    corsets are awesome, they put my boobs at my chin.

you CAN do actual waist training, but it takes years and years of wearing corsets very uncomfortably. and it's not the safest body mod.

but to look fantastic for a day out? Ren Faire or Pyrate Week? cinch it up!!
  • soberlicious
    soberlicious Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    waist training? more like waste training.

i love corsets...to make me feel sexy. but the only way to train the waist is to eat well and exercise.
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I wear them...just because they make my boobs look amazing :laugh:
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I would put my efforts toward eating a diet low in refined sugar and high in protein if you want to slim your waist. I don't believe the corset is going to do much in training dept but make you short of breath.

Alternatively, you could have a rib removed.
  • erikasmith2013
    Options
    My efforts are in the dieting and exercising... as I stated before, I was just curious as to what all the hoopla was about since I keep hearing and seeing them everywhere! Thanks for all the responds.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I see them all over at the gym..They wear these cute little purple, blue or pink "gym/sports" waist trainers over their tank tops or just with a sports bra. This one chick looks like she can barely breathe and looks like Pop eye... Not a comfortable look for me lol.
  • sugarstrawberries
    sugarstrawberries Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Actual waist training can be done and can be done safely. I personally love wearing corsets.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I'll do it with you, if you want to be my friend for like 10 years lol.
    I need my boobs to my chin! LOL
  • sallielozo
    sallielozo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm starting waist training, even if it just fixes my posture lol.
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I've worn corsets for a few years. I do not wear them regularly, however.

First, you are talking about waist training, which is not something to just jump in to. You should go to a forum group of people who really know what they are doing. Even if you just want to wear one for going out in, you should learn how to break in your corset, and how to lace properly, and even how to wear your undergarments underneath it.

Second, a corset you buy in the store, made of one layer of fabric and plastic stiffeners, is NOT a corset for waist training, or even cinching your waist smaller. It will break. A real, honest to Thor, corset is made with steel boning, and special fabric. A starter, or everyday, corset will be made of cotton coutil. Fancy corsets meant to be seen can have silk or satin on the outside, but will still have cotton coutil on the inside, because it is tough fabric that is hard to tear. When tightlacing, you are putting some major stress on the corset, and it has to be able to hold together.

Third, corset wearing is not intended to make you lose weight. It squishes your stomach, so you have to eat less at a sitting, but it is intended for body modification. DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Fourth, do not rely on a corset for posture correction. It does force you to sit upright, but it also does all the work for your muscles, which gives you MORE of a posture problem when you remove the corset. You are supposed to do more back exercises when you wear a corset, to help counter this problem.

Again, for the love of Thor, go to a corset wearing forum and get some of the experienced advice from there, not from casual wearers. Corsets are no joke.
  • CoveOps
    CoveOps Posts: 100
    Options
    yes please
  • Nikkiash667
    Nikkiash667 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love corsets. I have five of them. Three of which are the "real" kind with the flex steel boning, I love them. I even wear them out clubbing and dancing. They give a beautiful hourglass shape, and you have great posture and also breath correctly.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    fainting-goats-o.gif
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    fainting-goats-o.gif
    YAY!
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    shutyourpieholeandsquat Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options