Anybody got Success Stories for BINGO WINGS?

Options
Sorry, I just need some motivation to know I can sort out these flyers on my arms. Thank you in advance xo

Replies

• loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Bat wings? LOL
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    My arms were getting flabby. I walk with 2 lbs weights on the eliptical and do over hand claps (no weights), military press, boxing punches, and just walk with them.
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It's possible! Here is a picture without weight lifting:
    Slide4_zps6f615c5a.jpg

Here some progress since I started lifting (about 4 months in):
    photo4_zps4c033e08.jpg
    photo2_zps15a702cb.jpg

I am 5'4", 32 years old, start weight 236, current weight 145.
  • SunShineBeastess
    SunShineBeastess Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I WANT those ARMS!!!! Amazing!
  • Sandiedreamer
    Options
    Slide4_zps6f615c5a.jpg

photo4_zps4c033e08.jpg
    photo2_zps15a702cb.jpg

OMG! How did you get those fantastic arms without weight lifting. You look amazing. Congratulations
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    That's insane O_o very well done
  • dschassie
    Options
    OMG! How did you get those fantastic arms without weight lifting. You look amazing. Congratulations

Honestly, besides cardio and a calorie deficit there wasn't much I did. Some "light" weights at the gym 3 times a week but that's only because I was a weight lifting noob and didn't know that lifting light wasn't that effective. I go for heavier free weights now with low reps.
  • jason_adams
    jason_adams Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    it's hard to tell from your post what lifting light means. For some it means lifting something a bunch of times and then stopping. I would agree that you're not going to get results from that.

Hitting failure though, is the most important part for seeing results. If it takes you 2, 6, 15 or 20 will give you very different workouts, but IMHO you can still see results from high-rep routines, as long as you're stilling training to failure.
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Slide4_zps6f615c5a.jpg

photo4_zps4c033e08.jpg
    photo2_zps15a702cb.jpg

Wow!
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I lost a few pound and starting weight lifting including my triceps. It worked. I do overhead triceps pulls. I started out with "brain crunchers".

S. Dreamer good job!
  • DaniDC28
    DaniDC28 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Slide4_zps6f615c5a.jpg

photo4_zps4c033e08.jpg
    photo2_zps15a702cb.jpg

How long did it take you to get to your current weight?? You look amazing - the arms are just an added bonus!
  • dschassie
    Options
    it's hard to tell from your post what lifting light means. For some it means lifting something a bunch of times and then stopping. I would agree that you're not going to get results from that.

Hitting failure though, is the most important part for seeing results. If it takes you 2, 6, 15 or 20 will give you very different workouts, but IMHO you can still see results from high-rep routines, as long as you're stilling training to failure.

True, I should be more specific. Lifting light for me meant being able to do 3 sets of 15 reps with only moderate effort, not to exhaustion. Back then I thought I was "toning" and didn't want to get super huge arms - hahaha!

jason_adams is right, upping the weights and going until failure is how I train now, for me this happens to be about 3 sets of 8-10 reps.

To answer the weight loss question, it took me about 14-15 months to lose the 90 pounds.
  • Sandiedreamer
    Options
    Sorry I'm confused, so your first post suggests you got those fab arms without lifting weights. For clarity are you say that you introduced some lifting later?

Either way, looking good.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I noticed a ton of flab disappeared from my arms after about 25lb loss (currently 156lbs 5'2") without doing anything. For me, the arms came after the tummy, the neck/face and chest. Guess where you lose weight first is genetic/gender-driven.
  • dschassie
    Options
    Sorry I'm confused, so your first post suggests you got those fab arms without lifting weights. For clarity are you say that you introduced some lifting later?

Either way, looking good.

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse anyone. Although I did some "light" lifting at the gym, it's so negligible that I do not consider it having any impact on what you see in the first comparison picture. That picture was taken November 2013.

The two pictures below that are results of heavy lifting that I started at the end of December 2013, so about 4 months ago.
  • debobrien1
    debobrien1 Posts: 95
    Options
    Amazing! You give me hope!! :)
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You rock! There is hope for "Bye Bye Arms" to go bye bye. :)
  • vickee13
    vickee13 Posts: 31
    Options
    I want half those arms, the bottom half please! I am perfectly happy with my biceps, however my triceps are letting me down. Any tips on how to improve them without my biceps growing too!?!?
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    "brain crunchers" isolate your triceps. It's an actual exercise with weights :smile:
  • Be11adonna
    Be11adonna Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Slide4_zps6f615c5a.jpg

photo4_zps4c033e08.jpg
    photo2_zps15a702cb.jpg

Fantastic results all over.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!