GIVING UP BREAD AND CHEESE! Challange Accepted!

Options

Replies

• CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    If you're giving up cheese, watch your calcium. Consider other dairy sources like milk and yogurt.

I decline as I love cheese and sacrificing it won't benefit my health.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Uh.. Nope. I won't join, that means no pizza! NOPE!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Challenge declined. Best of luck to you.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm intolerant to grains and dairy so had to give up both myself - be aware you'll probably feel some heavy cravings at first and it'll suck, but after a couple weeks you'll get accustomed to it and find all kinds of other foods you didn't realize were so delicious. And, like others have said - you can eat SOOOO many more carrots for 100 cal than you can cheese.

Also, pay attention to your body when you add them back in. If you feel sick then you might have an intolerance yourself. I dropped 15 pounds when I quit them entirely from the inflammation they were causing my body. As others said though, be aware of calcium. Things like spinach, kale and sesame seeds can be a good source if you can work them in. Best wishes!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    But. Why?
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I don't honestly think you need to be so strict... when I started dieting I tried to avoid certain foods (such as pizza, donuts, chocolate...) because they could have triggered a binge, but still, cutting out certain foods completely only works for some people, not for everyone.
    You don't really need to stop eating cheese and bread to lose weight, I think they're both very regular foods that could fit into every kind of diet.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    IF it controls your life and you wish to grow stronger in will then I say go for it. If you think it will help you to lose weight then I say you are doing it for the wrong reasons. There are some foods which are trigger foods (such as sirachi flavored potato chips) which triggers you to gorge yourself, in which case I suggest staying away from cheese and bread if this happens to you (I miss you sirachi chips...). However, if you are simply seeing if it will help you lose weight then i would say just try cutting back on it instead.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I cut bread as triggers my IBS. I cannot however nor would not sacrifice giving up cheese. My diet used to pretty much revolve around sarnies (mainly of the cheese variety). It now revolves around potatoes its a crappy trade off (pun intended).
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    "I resist anything except temptation." (Oscar Wilde)
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Ya'll crazy. I can't give up cheese or bread. Cheese is my crutch. I love it, it loves me, we can't break up this serious relationship of happiness.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    My condolences.
  • jldubyah
    jldubyah Posts: 11
    Options
    This. Sounds. Horrible.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Yeah...... I eat Pizza twice a week so that would be a No for me....... Best of Luck though.......
  • soberlicious
    soberlicious Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    i won't be joining you. because i stay fairly clean during the week and then indulge on the weekend..and that works for me.

BUT BOY OH BOY DO I LOVE ME SOME CHEESE. HNNNNG.

eta: AND BREAD!!!!
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    My doctor suggested that I give up dairy. I did, for 6 months, and I never felt better.

I could handle the soy milk and yogurts, but the cheese? No. I liked real cheese way too much.

I went back to dairy and my life was miserable again, but hey, at least I get my cheese.
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    NO ! I won't do it ! (stomps foot)

Right there with you!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    My face at the thought of giving up bread and cheese.

tumblr_mbtstfj6j41qcpm3u.gif

I so agree. I'm all for a challenge, but no dice on this one.

Good luck OP. I'm sure you can do it!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    No bread or cheese?

hellno.gif
  • Point202
    Point202 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    No cheese? Blasphemy!

I'd have to give up tacos, burritos, lasagna, pizza, grilled cheese, sandwiches and subs, baked potatoes with cheese, cheese fries, hamburger casserole, goulash, baked spaghetti, quesadillas, nachos, au gratin potatoes, cheeseburgers, chicken cordon bleu, chili with cheese, pastel de papas, and many other foods. I may as well just starve :P

Thanks. Now I'm hungry for all of this cheesy goodness. Like right now.