healthy habits

Options
2»

Replies

• SlightlyMadman
    SlightlyMadman Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I haven't needed to give up anything, but with many things I've gone from one or more times per day to just about once a week. I find it surprisingly easy to cut back frequency versus cutting something out entirely, and it lets me appreciate it more when I do allow myself a treat!
  • Colli78
    Colli78 Posts: 135
    Options
    I gave up the word "diet".
  • briggitte59
    briggitte59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hot Cheetos are like Cheetos but hot like spicy. Haha I don’t know if they made any sense but I didn't know they existed till I came to the states.
  • briggitte59
    Options
    gave up hot cheetos. dang i miss my hot cheetos :(

I love hot cheetos! I miss those too! :( We can cry together!

It may be a dumb question but..what are hot cheetos? I'm thinking warmed up cheesies haha but I'm sure that is not correct.

Hot Cheetos are like Cheetos but hot like spicy. Haha I don’t know if they made any sense but I didn't know they existed till I came to the states.
  • briggitte59
    Options
    gave up hot cheetos. dang i miss my hot cheetos :(

I love hot cheetos! I miss those too! :( We can cry together!

haha helps that i'm not alone :))
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily feel like I've given anything up, but one healthy habit I've been working on is drinking more water and cutting down, not eliminating, soda.
  • Claremoak
    Claremoak Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The only thing I "had" to "give up" was big portion sizes, bad food choices and sitting on my butt all the time. I learned there are alternatives for most foods and I substituted lower calorie, healhier choices for higher calorie standards. Such as flavored coffee creamers. I stopped my 2-3 a day Diet Pepsi and a lot of processed food, just because I wanted to cut out articfical sweetners and other chemicals as much as possible.

I don't eat as much high carb/high sugar foods such as bread, pasta, regular potatoes, cake, ice cream or cookies. But.. I do have all of those on occasion. I make regular food, because I cook for others and they like the comfort foods, I just eat smaller portions and a lot more vegetables or make substitutions just for me.

Everyone is different and the choices you make have to be what you can live with, and can SUSTAIN long term. This is YOUR journey. Others can suggest routes for you to take, but you have to find the route that works best for you. This may mean a few detours but hopefully not lost:drinker:
  • dejareedubose
    dejareedubose Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    well i gave up going out to eat as much since all the processed foods are bad for the bulge and also i gave up soda becuase i would drink those and skip water completely .but at the same time i do still enjoy an ocassional treat