Blood pressure success stories?

2»

Replies

• ItsjustBrettM
    ItsjustBrettM Posts: 3 Member
    I used to get very anxious before going to the doctor as I knew I was obese and basically worried about what he would find.

With the anxiousness, the numbers used to rocket up to 170/120 or so. I started my diet on my own and have lost 25kg (55lbs) so far. My wife bought a machine for home and my numbers are now 122/78 with a resting heart rate of 59 bpm. No medication.
  • alliebeth88
    alliebeth88 Posts: 59 Member
    I'm 25 and am around 190 lbs, trying to lose weight. I was doing mostly lifting, but my BP was still going up. I started doing 30-40 minutes of elliptical cardio (3 to 4.5 miles, depending on pace), 3 to 4 times per week and within 3 weeks my BP dropped from 120/95 to 105/70. I've always run low, around 95/60 for most of my early twenties, so the past couple years seeing my BP creep up has been a major issue for me. Glad to see it go down. Also, my HR doesn't spike as quickly or as high when I do HIIT, and then it comes back down much faster as well.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    I had great success coming off 3 BP meds by exercising, but mostly by increasing my potassium intake and lowering my sodium. I was using a 2:1 ratio with a good outcome. When I brought my potassium/ sodium ratio to 3:1 it was unbelievable! My BP went down to about 110/68 without meds. I've been off this site for awhile and have been eating poorly so I'm back to get on track again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!