spice up my salad

Options
2»

Replies

• tabby3911
    tabby3911 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I turn my salad into a lean burger salad. I top it with all the things i would put on my burger. Use 98% lean meat! Enjoy
  • kmg3614
    kmg3614 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I like to spice up my salad with hard boiled egg, or use imitation crab or add pomegranate, but my favorite is a taco salad. I could eat it every day. I make ground turkey or ground beef and add a can or black beans with lots of seasoning.. Throw that on a bed of lettuce with some defrosted frozen corn, cheddar cheese and taco sauce or salsa for dressing. It is very filling and the salsa or taco sauce is a low dressing. Also, the meat mixtures heats up easily for very low calorie and quick lunches...
  • JodieSmith15
    JodieSmith15 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    blueberries feta and chicken taste great together

i put feta on all my salads
  • Hoop4la
    Hoop4la Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Heinz salad cream ! very British :)
  • ms_lindsay
    ms_lindsay Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My favs

Chicken, Pecans, Cranberries, Goat Feta, Apple on spring mix

Baby Kale, Shredded beets, shredded carrot, pumpkin seeds

Spinach, Cucumber, Carrot, Sugar Snap Peas, Red Peppers, Hard boiled eggs

Carrots, Cucumbers, Blueberries, Strawberries, Greens, Chicken
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Various pickled vegetables. You can get a wide variety of flavors out of this, and a huge diversity of veggies like carrots, turnips, peppers with different levels of heat, asparagus, garlic, onions. etc.
  • ChristinWrites
    ChristinWrites Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I really like strawberries sliced on mine and I also enjoy a bit of chopped walnuts and I love Newman's Own light honey mustard dressing - it's very tangy and just a little sweet.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options

Looks really delicious, but if the ingredients are just for one salad, they are really, really high.......:o(.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I like to spice up my salad with hard boiled egg, or use imitation crab or add pomegranate, but my favorite is a taco salad. I could eat it every day. I make ground turkey or ground beef and add a can or black beans with lots of seasoning.. Throw that on a bed of lettuce with some defrosted frozen corn, cheddar cheese and taco sauce or salsa for dressing. It is very filling and the salsa or taco sauce is a low dressing. Also, the meat mixtures heats up easily for very low calorie and quick lunches...

Now that sounds good.. Yum
  • skunks2008
    skunks2008 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of the responses. I guess I will be making a stop at the store to get some more items for my salads!